northernmed

Got my Seed order today and so I'm going to put 3 seeds straight into water.

I've got some other seeds started and will be using the pollen from the original skunk to breed them. I have a Jack Herer by greenhouse seeds, a canadian lemon-aid that was a free seed, and several cheese seeds (my own seed collection) started. I'll pollinate the lower branches of the the plants and leave the top buds alone. If I have more than one female skunk I will probably only pollinate one.

They will be grown under a 400w hps/mh system in a 3x3 tent. I plan to let the jack, lemonaid, 1 cheese, and 1 skunk get to a nice size, but there isn't a lot of room in there, so the rest will be kept in smaller containers and trained so they won't take up too much room. Though now that I think about it..That Jack Herer will probably take up most of the room in there alone haha, I'll try to make it work.

I'll make sure to post lots of pics

2 seeds popped april 9. Took 7 days. Seems a little too long for me. Out of the three seeds, 2 did not make it. The one that i put straight into my little seed starter pod was fine, but the two that i put into the power towel like CKS recommends, went dry on accident (my bad.) One never did anything after that, and the other continued to hatch, but as it came above ground the head fell off. Sheesh. So I put the last two skunk seeds into water today and I'll put them into my little pods tomorrow. Let's hope I get two girls and a male!

The above post should say MAY 9 not APRIL 9. MAY 11 - 2 more seeds popped. one that had been sitting in a seed starting pod since May 2. 9 days to germinate. Seems a bit crazy to me. I guess we will see how they turn out. I have three now, should have at least one female and one male in there.

I see Crop King Seeds fans on here and nay sayers as well. That's why I want to keep this journal unbiased and purely real world. We will see how the grow turns out.

I think with most things in the market there are those that have good experiences and those that have bad ones. I've never bought anything off of amazon or walmart or etc. and not found negative reviews. Most times that same product has served me right and proper. I'm really routing for CKS on this one (I've already slapped their stickers all over my guitar) but I will not hesitate to be honest and truthful in my experience. I love their website, their customer support was very friendly and helpful, shipping was superb and fast, and it's really cool to get the original breeder packs here in Canada. Which you can't really get if you order over seeds.

The next company I will be trying is True North Seedbank. A lot of negative reviews with these guys as well. We will see how that goes, they have several different breeders available there.

update:

4/5 seeds have now germinated. The only one that didn't was due to my own fault. I let the paper towel dry out on accident. Busy week.
So far so good. Happy with Crop King at this point. One seed though is growing strangely. It's all bent over. We will see how it goes.

day 19

The three skunk are marked in the picture. Roughly day 19 in the picture. The biggest one in the back is day 21, the middle pot (from back to front) is day 19. The front is a little younger. Then of course the youngest one is in the small container sitting in the 5 gallon pail with the big plants.
skunk_day_19.jpg

Looking good! That tent is going to be packed, my first ever grow was in a 3x3.

hey man thanks. I've done a few grows in it now but only ever had 3-4 medium sized plants in there, or a few more small plants. Got ten in there now. Always felt like my 400w hps wasn't enough to do the job for more, but this time I'll put all my cfls in. I used my cfls for vegging at my old place, which was in the country, so smell didn't matter. I'm in an apartment now though and I've only got that one carbon filter so my grow has to be done inside the tent from start to finish. Adds at least a month in each grow which really sucks.

What do you grow in now? I've been wanting to order another ten, but this place is so tiny I wouldn't even know where to put it

I went from a 3x3 to a 5x5 with a carbon filter and then exhausting outside. Once I became legal I said F it and went full room no more tents or filters. Next grow might be vertical HID!

The above post should say MAY 9 not APRIL 9. MAY 11 - 2 more seeds popped. one that had been sitting in a seed starting pod since May 2. 9 days to germinate. Seems a bit crazy to me. I guess we will see how they turn out. I have three now, should have at least one female and one male in there.

I see Crop King Seeds fans on here and nay sayers as well. That's why I want to keep this journal unbiased and purely real world. We will see how the grow turns out.

I think with most things in the market there are those that have good experiences and those that have bad ones. I've never bought anything off of amazon or walmart or etc. and not found negative reviews. Most times that same product has served me right and proper. I'm really routing for CKS on this one (I've already slapped their stickers all over my guitar) but I will not hesitate to be honest and truthful in my experience. I love their website, their customer support was very friendly and helpful, shipping was superb and fast, and it's really cool to get the original breeder packs here in Canada. Which you can't really get if you order over seeds.

The next company I will be trying is True North Seedbank. A lot of negative reviews with these guys as well. We will see how that goes, they have several different breeders available there.
True North worked amazingly for me. I'm in the Toronto area and the seeds were in my mailbox in 2 days from the date of order. I'm a novice, so at this point I am still retaining all of my information lol and sadly will not go anywhere else after CKS refused to replace seeds for me too.

Yeah I have only tried True North paying with card was a huge hassle. When I went with the bitcoin I got a 10% discount. I would try CKS but have heard a lot of negative things on thos forum ranging from bad customer service to them not having any info on their strains. I know they have a new owner so maybe theyre on an upswing but until I hear otherwise from people on here im going to stay clear. Especially when you tell a US customer that theyre lucky to recieve anything.

I think next time I will try true north. They have good selection and are from Canada, so if it goes well it would be really nice!

So I decided to put my tent into flower. The other plants are already 6 weeks old and I don't want to waste more time on this grow.

So these skunk plants went into flowering last night, at 26 days old. They were topped 2-3 days before that. We will see how they turn out! They are in smaller pots, but it will be a good test I think. Working with only one grow space really sucks. I really Wish I could have begged them longer.

True north is as far as I know, part of the Ontario seed bank. They're actually located in the East end of Toronto. ....or at least that what buddy at the hydro store said. It would make sense as my seeds were here in no time at all.....w/ freebies!

True north is as far as I know, part of the Ontario seed bank. They're actually located in the East end of Toronto. ....or at least that what buddy at the hydro store said. It would make sense as my seeds were here in no time at all.....w/ freebies!

you're making me want to order now. I think I am addicted to ordering seeds man. Pay my dues? like a certain amount of posting before my avatar shows?

Just kidding , lol. Not sure on the avatar. I've ordered seeds twice, not that I'm an expert. I just got good quick results with True North.

Okay, here they are at day 42
Day 17 flower

put them into 12/12 before they should have but 2/4 are flowering just fine and I think two are still waiting to fully kick into gear here. 3 are topped/lst'd and 1 was left alone. the one that was left alone was late to germinate and so I just had her off to the side doing her own thing. The one in the five gallon has stretched a lot and looks very sativa dominant to me. Not ideal conditions but I'm sure they will do just fine, we will see how they bud up!
cks_skunk_group_shot.jpg
cks_skunk_5gal2.jpg
cks_skunk_5gal1.jpg
cks_skunk_02.jpg
cks_skunk_01.jpg

alright so I ordered from true north this week. was sent out yesterday with a tracking number. came from ontario, so should be here by monday or tuesday i would think. I just planted five of my cks haze xtreme and so far only two have come up. Same crap I dealt with with the skunk. This time i did everything 100% by the book too. I hope the rest of these haze will pop up. Ordered from true north so i could make sure I had new plants ready to go by the time i start to harvest my current grow. Ordered kush bomb by bomb seeds, and some land race sativa by ace seeds. we will see how they turn out!

Back
Top Bottom