Think I Got It This Time, First Time Grower, Indoor, Soil, LED

DavidASchools

Hello fellow growers,

My first go at it and I'm officially at Day 31 from seed as they popped their heads on 4/8/17. Although as green as green can be as a grower, (no pun intended) I read and watched everything I could get my hands on for at least 3 months prior to taking the plunge...

So far it's been relatively smooth sailing I think mostly because I've been able to control their environment regarding temps/RH, and was overly cautious about over-watering while they were babies.

The background and set-up is as follows:

4'x4'x7' Gorilla GT

6" Pfhresh Stealth exhaust w/6"x16 Carbon Filter (Exhaust fan mounted outside tent and filter centered inside @top)

4" inline fresh air intake + passive flaps as needed

10,000 BTU Portable A/C (as needed)

3 Gal Tower Humidifier

Lights- Advanced LED Diamond XML 150 x 2
(Added 2nd light around Veg day 25)

Sprouted from seed on 4/8/17 after soaking in water on 4/6/17 for 15 hrs then damp paper towel for 24+ hrs had 1/2" tap roots so transplanted into organic seed starting mix and solo cups under CFL's for a week then introduced gradually to XML LED and they jumped big time. Transplanted into 1Gal smart pots around Day 10-11 with FFOF and 20% Perlite, then into 3 Gal Smart pots around Day 20.

Forgot to mention I topped (Fimed?) all 4 ladies at 4th node and all recovered nicely.

Nutes: started FF trio for soil according to their schedule at 1/4 strength , then 1/2, now full + started supplementing with Emerald Harvest Cal-Mag with every feeding when I started feeding them after around 14 days from seed..

I'll try to figure out how to load some pics from the journey so far and any input would be appreciated!

Re: Ok I'll try again think I got it this time-first time grower/indoor/soil/LED/CKS

Thanks for following along and it's killin me I haven't been able to get pics up yet. Also forgot to mention they are CKS Fem seeds Cali OG/Haze variety. Was hesitant to attempt a Sativa dominant grow for first time grow much less indoor in a tent but thanks to research/obsession with being successful, I've been happy so far with my progress to date (day 31 veg from seed). Girls bushing out nicely and put Scrog in tent this evening. Planning on 50-60% full screen before I flip to 12/12. Currently been on 19/5 schedule since roughly day 14 after a few days at 20/4. Was running 24/0 under CFL's for first 10-14 days

Re: Ok I'll try again think I got it this time-first time grower/indoor/soil/LED/CKS

I'm not exactly sure how you do it with the pictures I just click a button..im fairly new I've been growing for a year or so now..I want to see how your scrog goes because I want to try on my next grow..

That's good to know as I'm using my iPhone most of the time and have yet to scroll down or up on any page and see a "Gallery" or "upload photos" tab! The only tabs I see are "reply" or "new topic"

420-magazine-mobile653909734.jpg
420-magazine-mobile375909131.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2114651904.jpg
420-magazine-mobile161957756.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1596116677.jpg
420-magazine-mobile473135598.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1580567402.jpg
420-magazine-mobile896295534.jpg

Finally figured out how to add photos. Sorry if they're not in order but they're all mine...
Suggestions welcome on the Scrog since I've got 3 under it thinking about flipping this weekend (5/14/17), to allow for stretch

Sorry for the confusing back to the future posts but you get the idea... had 4 girls gave 1 to a buddy of mine (the runt of the litter of course) and now 3 super sexy ladies in the tent seem to be taking things innstride

Also if anyone would like to know girls are 33 days from seed today now in 7 Gal Smart pots as of a week ago insisting on me buying them a drink every other day so I gave them a little room to fly

Here they are Day 4 in under the Scrog. Day 35 Veg from seed. Considering flip to flower in the next day or two to allow for stretch.
Thoughts or input??

After about a week under the net, I decided to pull the trigger and make the flip!! Very happy to have at least made it through seedling and veg without killing anyone! I thought it might be best as screen is already at least half full and I'm anticipating a significant stretch because of the sativa dominance but never grown any strain much less a sativa so it'll all be a surprise to me but looking forward to it!
420-magazine-mobile1852430535.jpg
420-magazine-mobile64947078.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1562296136.jpg

I know I need to clean up under the screen, but thought I'd leave as many solar panels/fan leaves as I can through firdt 2-3 weeks of flower for sores to continue growing, then I'll lollipop below the screen

Also just a bit of info to any other fellow rookie growers out there using soil as their medium, I've found that Ozarka bottled water tests at @ 6.3-6.6 which has been working really well without any adjustment. I've been buying cases at Sam's Club for $1.97 (6 1Gal jugs) which is only like .35c/gallon. I understand it may sound crazy to buy water when it's readily available for free but I wanted to eliminate any potential problems I could on the front end as a virgin grower!

Ok very excited to see the progression so far since the flip this past Monday 5/14. Girls are really filling in and stretching nicely. I gave them 1/2 t of FF Open Sesame yesterday (5-45-19), along with my standard 1.5 t of Cal-Mag. Each girl got 1 gal of nute solution along with @ 1/2 Gal of plain water until I saw runoff.
Today is officially Day 6 of flower and Day 45 overall after vegging for 39 days from seed. I'm hoping if I can control them and keep tucking through the stretch, I'll do a significant defoil around Day 21 flower and maybe see some magic!!!
420-magazine-mobile1576908680.jpg
420-magazine-mobile77559320.jpg
420-magazine-mobile141223380.jpg

Back
Top Bottom