Broccoli's Journal, Soil, LED, Tent, Auto Caramelicious 2017

Broccoli

Strain-Auto Caramelicious Feminized (from MSNL)

Light-900W LED Full Spectrum

Grow Tent-Apollo Horticulture 48”x48”x80” Mylar Hydroponic

Nutrients-Advanced Nutrients Bloom, Micro & Grow

Soil-Fafard Premium Top Soil

Bucket Size-3 gallon (i think)

Hello there! MY FIRST GROW I "noob" have 4 Auto Caramelicious here at 16 days old. Light schedule 20/4. Seedlings popped through soil on 30th of April and I gave them nuts at about 8th of recommended dose for seedlings on the first day, with both veg and bloom lights on them at 36". By the end of the first week the lights were at 24" with plants looking good to me, except one that was a bit on the light green side compared to the others. (sorry no pics at that time)

By now i can see there is a problem or multiple. Plants seem low and slow growing with one plants new growth being yellowish, that turns green from the tips as it grows ever so sloooowly.

Soil-(Noob mistake) well its not potting soil and seems to be draining fast on the top but poorly lower in the pots. So too dry on top and too wet toward bottom of pots? Roots on the bigger two have made it to the bottom and can be seen through the drain holes.

5/14 attempting to fix by watering light and just around the plant, wetting only top few inches of soil until plant and roots develop more.

Light-too close too soon, too strong with bloom?

5/14 attempting to fix by turning bloom switch off and moving lights up to 30" from tops for now.

Nuts-started too early for seedlings?

5/12 attempting to fix by tap water only(left out for a few days for chlorine release)
5/15 the bigger ones looked droopy even after a light water so started nutes at 1/4th of recommended seedling dose on three (no nutes for the yellow seedling) seems ok so far?

Temps/RH-Yeah about that, its been every where from 88f day-68f night and RH 80%-35% (high during lights out when tent is closed with no ventilation)

5/14 attempting to fix by adding a small circlular fan 6-8"(?) to top of tent over vent hole to pull old air out and opening lower vent holes to alow fresh air in. Also added a rotatting tower fan to move air over tops of seedlings.

Watering- Spray bottle first few days to .5L every day.

PH & PPM- ph test is a dip/strip guess the color type and uh... im not sure but ph could be in the range of 5.5-7.5 (orange) before and after nutes were added. 70-PPM tap watter , 105-PPM with 1/8th nutes, 144-PPM with 1/4th nutes. (nutes recommended for seedling)

5/14 attempting to fix by watering light and just around the plant, wetting only top few inches of soil until plant and roots develop more.

Advice is welcomed. If nothing else i will learn from this grow.

Ok here we are at 21days. i have moved lights down to 24" from tops and have been watering 1/4 nuts for seedlings and noticed things geting better so moved to 1/4 nutes for small plants and things seem to be improving.
IMG_309817.JPG
IMG_309620.JPG
IMG_309415.JPG
IMG_309011.JPG

(Thanks Caconym for the advice) I will continue adding more nuts with each light watering. i have been at 150ppm (tap water is 70ppm) and am moving up to 250ppm today after lights come on. Aiming for 500-700ppm in peek VEG sound right? (still 20/4 light scheduled @ 24" from top)

Also, i am wanting to try LST with these autos. So, they look small but im going for it with the two bigger ones. I hope to encourage lower growth with this. I was thinking ponytailling but they are so small I just feel it easer to start LST. I've been itching to do something with these plants and now i just cant hold back lol

End of week 5 and off to a slow start but things are picking up now.
Orange, Blue water 1/2 litter every 2 days as needed with nutes 1250 ppm. LST has Blues main stem growing nearly flat across the soil.

Red has pre- flowers (i think) so I have started 1 ml of big bud per litter ppm 1250.

Yellow has been flushed today with 2.5 gallons of tap water (water left out for 2 days) then watered with .5 litter 650ppm. Also, I ordered CALiMAGic & will add in with next watering.

End of Week 6 "42Days"
Added CALiMAGic to all plants watering as label instructed and turned on bloom+veg lights. Other then that not much has changed except for the growth lol.

I have told myself to leave orange alone buuut I removed 2 fan leaves to let in more light. See first 2 pic. They are droopy, pots seem light so im going to water.

Orange

Blue

Red

Yellow

group pic when they perk up today

Just a thought on Red. Might have damaged the tap root when first starting LST. I remember a little crunch sound on one of them (Blue or Red) but didn't see anything so left it at that. Now seeing that Red went into flowering so much sooner then the others and how it has been only pushing out 3 leafs (some have a real small leaf so 4 leafs on very few) when it had started 5 at the time of LST. I will just have to remember to look into the roots after harvest.

End week 7, Orange,Blue,Red,Yellow 49 days Light 20/4

Yellow is watered about a liter every 2 days with cal/mag plus base nutes at around 1000ppm, ph 6.2. She is about 9 inches tall and 9-12 inches wide.

Orange is being watered a liter a day as needed with 1ml blackstrap molasses and base nutes to 1300ppm ph 6.2 She is about 17 inches tall and 14-18 inches wide. Im trying hard not to cut off some fan leaves but i am bowl training her.

Red is being watered about half liter every day, with 2ml per liter of blackstrap molasses, 2ml per liter big bud, and base nutes up to 1300ppm ph 6.2 . She is 7 inches tall and 9-12 inches wide. BUDS me so happy they make!!

Blue is being watered a liter a day as needed with 1ml blackstrap molasses and base nutes to 1300ppm ph 6.2 She is about 7 inches tall and 15-16 inches wide.

group shot

light penetration ok?

Orange and Blue should be on big bus next week

I had watered Orange, Blue, and Red up to 1600ppm at least once and about 1500 another time this week but was worried about pushing them too hard so I backed down to 1300ppm.

End week 8, Orange,Blue,Red,Yellow 56 days Light 20/4

Yellow is watered about a liter every 2 days with cal/mag at 1ml per liter, big bud at 2ml a liter water plus base nutes to around 1000ppm, ph 6.2-6.4 She is about 14 inches tall and 10-14 inches wide.

Orange is being watered 1.5 liters a day as needed with 2ml blackstrap molasses, 2ml big bud per liter water and base nutes to 1300ppm ph 6.2-6.4 She is about 24 inches tall and 19-23 inches wide

Red is being watered about a liter every day, with 2ml per liter of blackstrap molasses, 2ml per liter Overdrive per liter water and base nutes up to 1300ppm ph 6.2-6.4 . She is 7 inches tall with 4 branches shooting up to 9 inches tall and 12-14 inches wide

Blue is being watered 1.5 liters a day as needed with 2ml blackstrap molasses, 2ml big bud per liter water and base nutes to 1300ppm ph 6.2-6.4. she is about 15 inches tall and 18-20 inches wide.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom