GivenToFly's Soil - OG Kush & Black Jesus OG - Mars Hydro 1200

GivenToFly

Hello. Greetings. Salutations!! Let's grow some marijuanas!!

We had a little delay but we are a go! I hope I manage to follow the rules and live up to all these other amazing journals that have helped me get this far!!

Quick backstory and then we can get to the good stuff! I found cannabis one year and 4 months ago and to say it has been life changing would be an understatement.

I will be growing 3 OG Kush from Dinafam and 2 Black Jesus OG from Dr Underground.

I will be using a 4x4 tent with a Mars2 1200w LED( supposed to be equivilant to 600w HPS)
Standard veneration for tent. I have a 400cfm fan connected to a 500 cfm carbon filter with a smaller fan to control the intake and the delicious breeze!

ProMix soil

General Hydroponics nutrients. Flora Nova Grow and Flora Nova Bloom

Im sure I forgot something but I will get more comfortable as I get these training wheels off!

Looking forward to posting some pics and getting this new adventure rolling!

Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this site!! You all have been and will continue to be such a huge help!!!

re: GivenToFly's Soil - OG Kush & Black Jesus OG - Mars Hydro 1200

May 12- started all seeds in moist paper towel in a ziploc.
May 14- all 5 seeds sprouted
May 14- planted all 5 seeds in Pro Mix Hp and placed in my tent with the light at the highest height setting.
May 16- all 3 OG Kush have popped through the surface.

No sign of BJOG as of this morning at 11:30.

Temps have been steady between 75-80 degrees.

I will try to get some pics of my tent up here!

The Promix HP ( peat based) was pretty moist coming out of the bag. I did not add a lot of water. I made sure the seed area was moist and let all 5 alone. I have watered each pot with a few teaspoons over the days just to keep the seed area moist.

IMG_251716.JPG
IMG_246626.JPG

I also have a little tower fan in the corner which you can't see. Right now I only have the tower fan on the cups.

Looks like you are ready to go, you are gonna love the mars 1200, it is a great light. Im gonna pull up a chair for this one. I put my mars 1200 36in from my seedlings after they sprouted and they seem to like it. Goog luck and i hope everything goes smoothly for you.✌

Looks like you are ready to go, you are gonna love the mars 1200, it is a great light. Im gonna pull up a chair for this one. I put my mars 1200 36in from my seedlings after they sprouted and they seem to like it. Goog luck and i hope everything goes smoothly for you...

That's perfect timing for that Tom because I had all 5 seedlings break dirt tonight. I set up my timer tonight to give my girls and the light a 6 hour break. Then tomorrow I'll start lowering that light down!

Happy to have you and thanks for the first of what will be many teachings along this journey!

That's perfect timing for that Tom because I had all 5 seedlings break dirt tonight. I set up my timer tonight to give my girls and the light a 6 hour break. Then tomorrow I'll start lowering that light down!

Happy to have you and thanks for the first of what will be many teachings along this journey!
Im glad i could help, alot of people use cfls when they are seedlings but imo i would rather start them under the big light, my girls done great going straight under the mars.✌

:goodjob:I like your set-ups there,you got everything for your girls.:high-five:
IMG_251716.JPG
IMG_246626.JPG

I also have a little tower fan in the corner which you can't see. Right now I only have the tower fan on the cups.

How long are tou gonna veg..

I don't really know yet Tom. I do not have any constraints on scheduling so really it is up to the plants. Both are small to medium in size, so 4-6 weeks sound about right? Or, once I fill the tent horizontally. Whatever comes first I guess.

I will be moving plants from cups to 5 gal pots. I will top and lst with a goal of a nice flat, even canopy and we will see what happens.

Here are my girls this morning. All have sprouted. The 3 OGK seem to be still wearing their seed. The 2 BJOG both have green leaves! I put the water bottles on them last night to see if the humidity would help them out a little today.

How much water should I be giving them? Up until now it's just been teaspoons. I have shut off all fans for now. Temps are holding between 75-79. Humidity was low 39-45% hence why I thought the domes might help them a bit. I'm in my basement. I'm sure the Ohio humidity will be here soon enough and then I will be flowering and battling trying to keep it low!! Anyways.....pardon the rambling. Coffee runs a close second to cannabis!

420-magazine-mobile448395895.jpg

Black Jesus OG- green leaves!! Which I'm not sure you can see.

420-magazine-mobile1131717340.jpg

Quick tip. If using app on ios and you switch to a different app and come back, everything you've typed will be gone. Grrrrrrr.

Day 5. Looks good. Lowered light to 46" and gave each one a tsp of water. Here are some pics.

OGK 1

420-magazine-mobile1942988678.jpg

OGK 2
420-magazine-mobile1019398614.jpg

OGK 3
420-magazine-mobile1102348029.jpg

BJOG 1

420-magazine-mobile60595191.jpg

BJOG 2
420-magazine-mobile1419541306.jpg

Genetic lineage of BJOG!! ..
420-magazine-mobile1018177947.jpg

Day 6

Little bit of change, not a lot since yesterday
Temp hit 81 degrees yesterday, so I went ahead and turned on my tower fan and they will
Like a breeze too! Still holding at 37-42% rh.

Lowered light to 37.5 in. Mars recommends 18-24" during veg so I'm going to keep dropping it and see what happens.

Pots were really dry so I watered each with 1tsp of 6.0 water.

Couple questions if anyone would like to entertain them, if not, I'm going to stay the course .

I will be using Flora Grow. When should I begin nutes and at what concentration?? If no response I'm going 1/4 strength for tomorrow's breakfast.

The 2 Black Jesus OG both look awesome!
420-magazine-mobile142494761.jpg

2 of the OGK still have their seeds on. This one is way behind, but I'm she's just a typical woman and doing whatever she wants! .. jk ladies!

420-magazine-mobile1673323515.jpg

Peace and love folks! Not a lot going on but any feedback would be awesome.

Another question. When should I turn on my inline fan?

Some opinions might differ but I'd whack it on now mate, nice extra for the breeze you've already got and a bit more humidity, your plants should do well from it. But (as always) check, check and re-check before double checking your levels after any environment changes you make!

Some opinions might differ but I'd whack it on now mate, nice extra for the breeze you've already got and a bit more humidity, your plants should do well from it. But (as always) check, check and re-check before double checking your levels after any environment changes you make!

I whacked it on mate! Cheers! Thanks man!

Back
Top Bottom