Jay233 Grows With New 675W Perfect Sun COB LED In Coco

Jay233

Welcome fellow plant loving friends!!!!!. Jay233 here :)

This grow will feature a brand new COB led grow light from Perfect Sun.
20170516_190836_2.jpg

I have been using a Perfect Sun led already and have had great results. I also have built my own Cree COB led light and I'm sold. These lights grow plants with big frosty dense nugs for sure!

If you are new to growing you are probably overwhelmed with the many choices and options. If you are a seasoned grower you may feel as I had felt for a while. I was reluctant to invest in led because I grew with HPS and I know it "works".

Well like many I gave the newer led technology a try because of all the excellent reviews. I didn't expect much. In fact, when I got my first "real" led grow light my first impression was..."it not sure if this will grow big plants like the vented MH and HPS lights I had used for years. So....I started with them too close lol. Once I got firmilar with the reccomened distance (im a guy....i read the instructions last....when I mess up lol) I realized that "useable" light is what really matters and I didn't need the bright yellow or intense heat to grow big plants lol.
I know most of you that are following are very firmilar with this information but I figured I want to share my personal, honest thoughts and findings so everyone of all skill levels and experience can gain something from joining me on our journey to lots of big frosty nugs from highly trained plants.

This grow will be in a sealed, insulated 4x4 room with AC, dehumidifier and CO2. We will be growing in coco and using Advanced Nutrients sensi coco (good stuff).

The new grow light just arrived from Fed Ex. Yeah!!!!!
I opened the box and started this thread.
Lots of info and detailed pics to come. I still have to take this puppy out of the box and hang it so I gotta go soon!

The plants are 4 Dutch Passion dutch delight clones I took....I'll get back to you on how old...drawing a blank right now but they have been rooted and started under a Perfect Sun Dwarf Star led and I have been documenting in my other journal but I'll transfer everything here also.

I didn't want to start of slow and boring so perfect timing. Young plants and they are ready for some wire domination!!!

I'll be updating soon and often. Question, findings, discussion is all welcome and the participation is appreciated!!!

Here we go!!!!!      

The light

Got the light hung and took pics. I really like this light.

Ok im no lighting expert like some of you guys are so I will give the facts and my honest opinions. Sound fair?

First impressions:
-The light was definitely packaged well and I recieved it with zero scratches or dents and everything (leds, switches) is in good working order.

-This light has three lighting intensity settings. I like that feature a lot.

-As I mentioned I have been using a Perfect Sun led light already (Dwarf Star) and I was impressed with the construction and quality of that light and this light is exactly what I was expecting as far as fit and finish.

Basically the features this light has it exactly what I was looking for in a led light and that is exactly what I received so I'm happy.

keen to see how these lights go. Subbed

Hey Ramstimple :)

Happy to have you here.

If you have any questions that I can't answer correctly and accuratly I am going to also send a link to this thread to the Perfect Sun owner Neil so you or anyone else can get every specific detail needed.

Alright let's see some pics already right???LoL

20170516_184315.jpg

This light has two switches on the side. I forgot to take a pic of that so I will go back to the grow room and take a few more shortly
Lowest light setting (first switch on, second switch off)
20170516_191219.jpg

Next higher light setting (second switch on, first switch off)
20170516_191243.jpg

Full lighting setting (both switches on)
20170516_191306.jpg

Subbed to follow the led grow....I'm using 2 x GROHydro 300's in a 4x4 tent and so far I'm impressed with everything.

The plants are lush at 2 weeks into flower, the tent stays right between 70-76 degrees with just a 4inch VivoSun exhaust fan and I haven't noticed even a slight bump in the electric bill.

How can you argue with that?

420-magazine-mobile755840672.jpg

Ok, under the light right now is:

-4 Dutch Passion Dutch Delight clones that I cut from a mother 29 days ago today.

They rooted under a Perfect Sun Dwarf Star and I switched that light out for this new Perfect Sun COB where they will be trained quite a bit and then we will flip to flower when they are ready.

Here are some pics from the beginning to catch up to today.
20170425_180639.jpg
20170425_181508.jpg
20170425_193111.jpg
20170501_202624.jpg
20170510_222452.jpg
20170510_225803.jpg

Also we will be growing one Bubblegum auto that is at seedling stage now. Also in the grow room with the COB led.

Well thats enough words for now lol. Just wanted to provide as much info as I could.

Oh damn, speaking of that....lol....these plants will be grown in coco. The auto is in a solo cup now and will go in a 3 gal pot. Haven't decided yet. I have found that as long as I am super careful with the transplant. Solo to 3 gal doesn't slow them down one tiny bit. I slide it out once it has a good root system for the cup. If you try to transplant too soon the root ball will fall apart damagin the fine root hairs and that will slow the plant. I lay it in the pot of prepared coco very gently with two hands like a baby and I very carefully fill in around it. It does not disturb the plant one bit so it won't slow it. Actually I think the method I described is better for the plant. Less stress from a tiny seedling in a huge pot, not to mention the watering at that stage is less than ideal. But that's just my opinion and experience over the years. Take it for what it's worth. Works great for me tho.

Looking tidy, any questions about led grows and ill come hunt you down.. Actually!

I come from a time when we chucked a seeds in a big pot and let it run under T5s for like 6months with no nutes, and result were the worlds tinest nugs..

Now sitting on a sprectrum king 400+, all the mods and to be honest, i dont think im qualified to operate it lol

So the question.. Got the basics in regards to nutes (shoguns roots, grow & bloom). Any other nutes i should consider??

Back
Top Bottom