Weednoob's First Grow: Soil, Indoor, White Widow Auto, 2017

Weednoob

420 Member
Hello there weed lovers.
Im am new to this site but it got me very interested into growing weed.
I smoke weed just for fun and some relaxing but for me it costs a bit. So I thought why not grow a plant so I can spare money and have more weed to smoke with my friends :high-five:

So this is my first grow, I think I know the basics of growing weed but I will probably need a lot of help from you guys and I hope I can learn a lot from you all! :Namaste:
I am doing only one plant atm :)

What strain is it? White Widow auto (Feminised)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica [40%] Sativa [40%] Hybrid [20%]
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? In veg stage
If in Veg... For how long? 3 Weeks
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Universal
If soil... What size pot? 11 litres (2,9 gallons)
Size of light? Full spectrum led grow light 50w (42 red, 18 blue, 6 white, 6 IR, 6 UV)
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? 22 degrees Celcius (71,6 Farenheit)
RH of Room/cab? No measurer yet
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ? Not anything im aware of
How often are you watering? Once a weed
Nutriens? GHE FloraGrow, GHE FloraMicro, GHE Florabloom
Training: For the training I will do trimming but I will listen to your advices!

My light schedule is: 17/7

I already have a question: Does my 50w led lamp produce enough light for my plant to the end? Or do I have to upgrade it?
I am planning to put a computer fan in my setup, my grow box is a cardboard box with some tin foil around. Very unprofesional and nooby...

Here are some photos:

I hope you all enjoy!! At least i am :thumb::thanks:

Hello there weed lovers.
Im am new to this site but it got me very interested into growing weed.
I smoke weed just for fun and some relaxing but for me it costs a bit. So I thought why not grow a plant so I can spare money and have more weed to smoke with my friends :high-five:

So this is my first grow, I think I know the basics of growing weed but I will probably need a lot of help from you guys and I hope I can learn a lot from you all! :Namaste:
I am doing only one plant atm :)

What strain is it? White Widow auto (Feminised)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica [40%] Sativa [40%] Hybrid [20%]
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? In veg stage
If in Veg... For how long? 3 Weeks
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Universal
If soil... What size pot? 11 litres (2,9 gallons)
Size of light? Full spectrum led grow light 50w (42 red, 18 blue, 6 white, 6 IR, 6 UV)
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? 22 degrees Celcius (71,6 Farenheit)
RH of Room/cab? No measurer yet
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ? Not anything im aware of
How often are you watering? Once a weed
Nutriens? GHE FloraGrow, GHE FloraMicro, GHE Florabloom

My light schedule is: 17/7

I already have a question: Does my 50w led lamp produce enough light for my plant to the end? Or do I have to upgrade it?
I am planning to put a computer fan in my setup, my grow box is a cardboard box with some tin foil around. Very unprofesional and nooby...

I hope you all enjoy!! At least i am :thumb::thanks:
I would at least get another 50watt in there

Try to move some soil up around that stretching stem..very little room but you should try!

It will help support the stretchy stem..Anything below the starter leaves can become roots..ROOTS ARE THE NAME OF OUR GAME! :)

Good..That's why I always leave plenty of room in the solo cup..just so I can push up some soil if needed!
Good Luck growing...Soon yours will look like one of these..4 ladies in there..3 weeks into flower!
:Namaste:
5-10-17.jpg

5-12-17_Cola.jpg

Get yourself a PH water meter. They aren't very expensive and and easy enough to figure out. You're also going to need some PH down. I've also got PH up, but I've yet to use it. What water are you using now?

Buzzer777 amazing plants!!
I cant wait to see mine grow so big to without to many mistakes :D
And Calvados I do have a ph meter and a bag of dry ph down I got together with my nutriens so I got that alright. I also ordered a soil ph/rh meter. I am currently tapping my water from the tap at home. Thank you for showing interest in my channel buzzer and calvados!! .

Agree that PH is not as critical in a soil grow..BUT, weed plants uptake Nutes faster and better in soil ph'd at between 6.2-6.8 imho.

You are gonna love the ww, i have 4 on day 37 today and they are growing fast. The ww auto seems to be a very popular strain, alot of people are growing them with great results. They also react great with topping and lst, they love it.✌
5376e28c3a354c6cf4503434d5913dd2.jpg
1ab9bcbf314855f13683ca36fd85b121.jpg

Your plants are looking fabulous Tom Smith! I hope my plants will react good to the topping too :) thanks for commenting! gets me more motivated to top her.

Thank you for following my journal Comfy I am also very curious how big she can get. But I will probably order another 50w led if she is getting bigger :D But it sure is an experiment!

Agree that PH is not as critical in a soil grow..BUT, weed plants uptake Nutes faster and better in soil ph'd at between 6.2-6.8 imho.

That's what I thought, but it would seem 5.8 - 6.2 is the range to actually water them at. Something about the ions in the plant raising the soil PH to accept the nutrients. I'm a few weeks into flowering and prior to that I've been watering them at 6.5 to 6.8. The neuts were already in the soil, so I wasn't adding anything. They looked great. Now that I'm starting to feed them through the water I've had to try and figure this out. I'm using Canna Pro + and according to them (Canna) it's 5.8 - 6.2.

Subsequently i have been ph'ing my nutrient solution at around 6.5 /6.6 right from the first feeding in veg.

That is to high.
That means some elements like metals Iron Magnesium Manganese cannot be taken, which are needed to make Chlorophyll, which makes the plant green.
You will see light green leaves especially in the top(Fe), but even yellow spots later on in the middle part (Mg/Mn)

By giving extra N27% often the problem solves, because this nutrient will bring the pH down in the substrate (not in the water)
Some Brands make use of this N27% in their nutrient and do recommend a high pH.
A dangerous recommendation, because later on the plant will take the pH down in the rootzone, when the plant start to flower.
According to us; the mistake was in giving a high or (wrong) pH,

Excerpt from the thread below.

Soil conundrum!?

I guess it depends on the composition of your soil.

Hey everyone again!
It has been 3 days I didnt post any progress of my little girl so here I will post an update!

I think my plant is growing pretty fast! She is looking good, very green and there are popping up a lot of new small leaves :circle-of-love:.
Today I did noticed that I fucked up a bit because I have let the lamp come to close to some of the leaves and they are now a little bit burned. It was a very stupid mistake but I am glad I made it because now I will pay way more attention and I dont think it will happen again. The burn wasnt all that big and I think she is strong enough to easy recover from it.

Today my moister/ph/light meter has arrived too! I tested the ground and the meter says my ph is around 6.5 and my moister lvl is very wet (8). The meter is not that accurate and the ph in the soil differs from place to place!

I also changed my light schedule to the standard 18/6

Here are some cute little pictures, tell me what you think about the progress and the ph/moister, also if you think the burn is a big problem.

Sorry that the third photo is blurry but she is sleeping right now and I dont want to mess up her cycle :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom