Gauge Steel's House Warming Party - Cookies & Kush With Hydro Downstairs - Welcome

Gauge Steel

Welcome Everyone.

New Journal with cool new stuff to see and do. Mostly laugh at my ignorance. Nah we have fun. Gaugetown is full of some great people and phenomenal growers from around the world.

I would like to think this collection of visitors has at least 25% of what anybody needs to know about our favorite pastime. Unless its saving money. Go somewhere else if thats your objective. If you are here to grow pot to save money :rofl::rofl:

Trying to grow the best possible medicine is what i am all about and have fun doing it. There is nothing in this world getting all grit your teeth serious about turning a blessing of another day into chit. especially MJ.

So here is the setup as of now.

Grow room is 10x13 with 11 foot ceilings. It contains a 22"by18.5" grow box with a Mars48 reflector. The room will soon contain a 4 cob cree 300watt array which will have two-three 5 gallon bubble buckets sitting under it.

For reasons out of my control i cannot have more than 4 plants at a time in there. What a shame. all that room and only 4.

RX Green Solutions + tap water that measures out at 180PPM and 7.8 PH

Read water report and its chlorine not Chlorimine.

Ok

Putting the grow room back together. Ordered some real cool stuff. I can't wait to show you all the results of this grow.

So I ordered some Canuck Cookies, Cindy 99, Obi wan Kush, and my last order i got a 1 freebie, fem Auto Cheese so this order i got another freebie of the same. Add that to my two Gold rush, Tangie + Kosher Kush which is my current favorite strain of all time and i should be busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

Gauge

New Journal

Re: Gauge Steel's House Warming Party - Cookies & Kush With Hydro Downstairs - Welcom

Good morning,
Adding a vent to the grow room. The negative pressure is overwhelming to the point it is difficult to open the door with the exhaust fan on. Good for smell control, bad for moving air.

Gonna go to Wally world and pick up some blue tubing for my buckets water height indicators.
Debating if i want to do a two plant veg and 2plant flower perpetual or just a 4 plant seed to flower grow.

Anyone know the effects of plants going from blurple LEDS to COB LEDS?

Gauge

Re: Gauge Steel's House Warming Party - Cookies & Kush With Hydro Downstairs - Welcom

Pulling up my chair right here. :blushsmile:

Can't wait to see your Cindy 99. Got some of those with my last order and think they will be part of grow round 2.

if you like giggly euphoric highs, Cindy is your girl. Reminds my of Dirty Girl if you have ever had the privilege to partake.
I will do my best to at least entertain everyone. :goof:

Gauge

BTW have a safe trip.

Hole is cut for the fresh air intake.
420-magazine-mobile347958708.jpg

Fan is on door is shut. New vent open. Flow is great.
420-magazine-mobile2147142481.jpg

Managed to get an air filter slab between the wall as well.

For a moment I was worried about light leakage and then I remembered​ I won't be using burple this grow.

If there is any light leakage outbound it will be during the day and again it will be white.

Here's a pic of my leak proof bucket design.
420-magazine-mobile1804603535.jpg
420-magazine-mobile192317453.jpg

Those are rubber fender washers, silicone, and circlips around those 90 degree hose taps.

Carpe' Kush

Gauge

I love watching this come together. :popcorn:

Im like gin! Gs im planning the same. Blurple to cob. Hope it works without any shock but im sure itll be fine.
Texted with the guys at Timber and they said no issues other than we might either want to dim the cobs about 10-20% or just raise them.

GS

Thanks for the tip gs! Thats a big reassurance for me!! I will take there advise and run dim for a few days to a week. Man i hated to dim my hps because it would change the spectrum but running cobs opens the door to so much.

I could run low during peak electrical usage hours and turn up after the price comes down. Loving it!!

Second day of painting and the late 1950's acidic sheetrock keeps "burning" through the white. So I invented a new color, mint caramel macchiato.
420-magazine-mobile346538115.jpg

You can see where the tape is and where it is not.

Another off subject but interesting note observed while working in my girls new home.
420-magazine-mobile132920414.jpg

A wood screw of any type is amazingly good at turning over a bowl
Carpe' Kush Bitches. If you ain't living your dying!

Gauge

Oh and I forgot to mention my light has grown to 6 chip 300 watt array from 4 since Friday.. When will the madness stop? I'm sick with it.

Gauge

Where are you ordering from??
Dude, I'm an Infantryman​ not an electrical engineer like some of you guys. If I tried to do what icemud,Fanleaf and you do, I would be phucked like Chuck.
I went with an expert.
Timber
Gauge

Ive never done anything electrical aside from a lamp i made in 7th grade wood shop. It looked soooo overwhelming to build a cob but honestly now that i think i understand its a lot easier then it seems. We will see ina few weeks. All the numbers and all of that dont really matter. The customer service at most places is on point. The guy at rapid helped me out a lot and i called like 3-4 times and chainged my order after i paid like twice. Answered all my questions and made my order perfect for my size tent because the cobs i was going to get were not enough.

Basically you can put something together for a few hundred less and id be willing to help you if you had any questions.

With that being said timber looks like some quality plug and play lighting and i was looking into them for my needs. Felt super overwhelmed with diy cob. They have great customer service too and their builds look great. I think im only saving 2-300 bucks by doing diy.

Thank you for your service gs!

Ive never done anything electrical aside from a lamp i made in 7th grade wood shop. It looked soooo overwhelming to build a cob but honestly now that i think i understand its a lot easier then it seems. We will see ina few weeks. All the numbers and all of that dont really matter. The customer service at most places is on point. The guy at rapid helped me out a lot and i called like 3-4 times and chainged my order after i paid like twice. Answered all my questions and made my order perfect for my size tent because the cobs i was going to get were not enough.

Basically you can put something together for a few hundred less and id be willing to help you if you had any questions.

With that being said timber looks like some quality plug and play lighting and i was looking into them for my needs. Felt super overwhelmed with diy cob. They have great customer service too and their builds look great. I think im only saving 2-300 bucks by doing diy.

Thank you for your service gs!
Your welcome and I appreciate your offer. To be honest I just don't want to build one until I can put my mitts on one and see how it all works. Plus i can be pretty impulsive and may grow for a year and decide it's not for me I can sell a Timber with an invoice much easier than a DIY.

Gauge

Plus i can be pretty impulsive and may grow for a year and decide it's not for me I can sell a Timber with an invoice much easier than a DIY.

Gauge

There's a name for that, you know. :kisstwo: And they say there are strains that help. Just more reason to keep growing! :)

And I'm not poking fun. ;) The world needs more impulsive people so that we're not just one giant, predictable, drag of a planet.

There's a name for that, you know. :kisstwo: And they say there are strains that help. Just more reason to keep growing! :)

And I'm not poking fun. ;) The world needs more impulsive people so that we're not just one giant, predictable, drag of a planet.

LA you have no idea how close to home you are. It is so incredibly difficult for all combat veterans to be asked to decide who lives and dies and then within a week back from deployment be expected to come home and be a model citizen.
A lot of it is about the Rush. The pretty regular flow of Adrenaline suddenly stops so i know i always looked for ways to get my next fix. MJ and now growing fills my life with something i didn't know i needed.
Our brains are so one sided. Destroy, Destroy.
I find creating life in my plants, all plants, help balance out my life and cuts down on the wildly impulsive swings

And no offense taken!:high-five:

When i read your response i was laughing so loud, Mrs. Steel read it and said "Lady A must be married to a Soldier / Marine, or You and Her got suntin the side, because she knows you"

Gauge

Back
Top Bottom