KWsmoke's Outdoor Bagseed Container Grow 2017

Kwsmoke

Latitude - 33.51

Started a bagseed back in February with a coir perlite mix.
Can't remember strain, but I usually only buy indica or indica dominates so that's what I'm leaning toward.

First few weeks after transplant things were going swimmingly.
Used a homemade compost mix until it's most recent transplant into a 12" with FF Ocean Forest.

Didn't want to really spend any money on this grow, just seeing what happens.

Using GH flora series. At this point I'm feeding a transition dosage every other week, water in between feedings.

Had some minor issues with bugs that were eradicated quickly with a mixture of cayenne and garlic foliar spray.

Big problem now is leaf miners, I'll need to go get some spinosad spray on Monday.

So yeah. Not sure on genetics or sex just yet but I guess only time will tell.

IMG_095055.JPG
IMG_095149.JPG
IMG_094952.JPG
IMG_096329.JPG

Here are some pics from this morning. Lots of growth and branching out. Looking for opinions on if I should remove lower growth to focus on spearing out the cola. Lateral growth in these genetics have got me thinking that would be best for her. Will certainly need another transplant and some steaks to support weight.
IMG_101042.JPG
IMG_100846.JPG
IMG_101139.JPG

Had some great weather over the weekend and she really seemed to love it.
I'm certain now that this plant is much more of a sativa than I am used to. Worried about height and flowering period at this point. Pistils are forming but cut back immediately. Going to have to start tying her down after I transplant later this week.
IMG_105545.JPG
IMG_105639.JPG

So today has been full of shitty surprises.

My 20" pot broke while I was drilling additional holes in the bottom for drainage, so I just used a 5gal bucket I had used last year for hog bait.

When I checked out the plant this morning before transplant I noticed that something has been eating the new growth on the very top of the plant. Basically it looks like it's been topped by a fucking bird or something. Also noticed a deficiency of some sort as the new growth is very light green. I can't imagine that it would be ph lockout as everything checks out, run out is like 6.5.

Anyway, I transplanted her into the bucket. After the stress of everything I doubt she will recover fully, but hopefully she will begin to branch out more and compensate for the loss of the main cola.

Here is my current "transition" feeding - per gallon
Floragro- 4ml
Florabloom- 4ml
Floramicro- 4ml
Floralicious plus - 1ml
Rapid Start - 1ml
Florablend- 2.5ml

IMG_106541.JPG
IMG_106641.JPG
IMG_106735.JPG

sorry to hear about your stress. looks like a nasty chew. how close is she to going into flowering? if there is still time, maybe you could till top her yourself with a clean blade or scissors down a node or two. you could still get more colas if there is time.

The summer solstice was last Saturday and we should be seeing daylight hours begin to decline here in the coming weeks. So with that in mind, I figured that the best way to control the vertical growth when flowering begins is to put her in the ground. Waited until dusk and dug a 3'x3' hole and filled it with 1/2 ocean forest and 1/2 organic compost, then topped it with native soil to try to retain moisture.

Here are pictures of the end result. I'm really happy with the way things have been going so far, cheers!
IMG_116439.JPG
IMG_116538.JPG

I sure hope so, I have an 8' privacy fence and my main priority is keeping it below the horizon line from my neighbors. I knew that if I kept it in any sort of container that this was going to be a problem. So really, if she stretches big at least she'll be anchored down and I'll be able to steak down some limbs with out the fear of uprooting. Next season I'm going to try a few runs of super-autos to see what all the fuss is about. Maybe if I can scrape up some extra bitcoin I'll order some beans to go in tandem with this run.

Any suggestions on a large breed auto?

definitely into preflowering mode. flowering as the days get shorter, that could take you into October before she's ready, unless she is a fast one. was it a feminized seed?

My friend that I got the seed from says that he had a bunch of Blue Dream at the time and in his opinion that's most likely what it is. That would be cool as I hear that BDs flowering time is about 8-9 weeks.

Never got any recommendations on an auto? I've always had my eye on Stitch formerly from Short Stuff. His Flash Seeds line looks pretty good and the price is right. Thinking about going wth the Kush Van Stitch, any thoughts?

Yeah I'm thinking early to mid October. Seed genetics are completely unknown, it came out of a bag of some kind from a friend. I generally only mess with the Indica or Indica dominant in, but clearly this is some sort of hybrid with a heavy sativa pheno.

Yeah she definitely has that sativa look about her. Tall, lanky, nice long leaves. I've heard the sativa side can be long in flowering, so you'll have to be patient. I haven't got a clue about auto strains. Never tried em.

Back
Top Bottom