Vex's 1st Fluxing: Be Gentle, Cookies Kush, PS Dwarf Star, RADDWC, Dewey Misters

Hey All!

:welcome: to my new GJ where I attempt to flux 1 plant following Light Addicts' detailed steps (thanks LA!) in a hybrid Recirculating Aero Dewey Deep Water Culture rig, dubbed "RADDWC". Don't judge me. lol ;)

So please, sit back and enjoy the ride. Should be interesting, as PennyWise and BedroomFarmer have gotten great results so far with these Dewey Misters. I owe them for the ideas, offering advice and boosting my confidence, as well as many other members who've chopped it up with me since joining this amazeballs community. Thanks again!

The Dewey Club is definitely growing, pun intended.

Grow Plan: *Results may vary*

Strain: Cookies Kush (GSC x Rolex OG Kush)
Genetics: Feminized Hybrid - Indica Dominant 70/30
Stage: Seedling, "Catalina" was born on May 10th
Medium: Rapid root plug in grow stones
System: "RADDWC"
Light: PS Dwarf Star LED - 275 watts - Perfect Sun Spectrum
Grow Area: 2x2.5x6.7 Gorilla Grow Lite Tent
Tent Temp: 75-85F
RH: 45-55%
Ventilation: 6" Vortex inline exhaust fan w/ carbon filter - 10" Honeywell fan - 4" Clip on fan
Water temp: 60-70F
PH: 6.0-6.5
Initial PPM: TBD
Harvest Hopes: Aiming for at least 10 ounces dry.
Excitement Rating: Off the charts

Nutrients:

Seedling: PH'd water, and Mammoth P

Veg: Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow A&B, Rhino Skin, VooDoo Juice, B52, Sensizym, CalMag Xtra, Z7 and Mammoth P

Flower: Advanced Nutrients Sensi Bloom A&B, Rhino Skin, B52, Sensizym, CalMag Xtra, Big Bud, Bud Factor X, Bud Candy, Carbo Load, Mammoth P, Z7, and Flawless Finish

Unfortunately there was a small leak, but I have fixed it. Soaked up all of the water after these photos were taken. I'll also be adding more foil tape on the totes to help block the light.

Video clip of running system coming soon. :)

A few photos!

420-magazine-mobile1278406000.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1897618020.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1312095269.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1090973428.jpg
420-magazine-mobile720388582.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1154264158.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1728995466.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1785847924.jpg
420-magazine-mobile224166539.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1841345431.jpg

I have yet to flip on the Dwarf Star. Using 2 CFL bulbs at the moment.

420-magazine-mobile275802904.jpg

Re: Vex's 1st Fluxing, Be Gentle - Cookies Kush - PS Dwarf Star - RADDWC - Dewey Mist

Give me 2-3 weeks and ill join you with a tote set up for sog runs. .

Re: Vex's 1st Fluxing, Be Gentle - Cookies Kush - PS Dwarf Star - RADDWC - Dewey Mist

Looking forward to it. .

P.S. I ordered some Z7! I'm convinced, especially when dealing with heat.

They state Cookies Kush grows well in hot climates. I'm hoping she'll be fine as long as her roots are healthy, with the help of the chiller and Z7.

Hey vex. Two tips i want to throw out there for you.

Hydro ph is best between 5.5-6.0. For soil you want 6.0-6.5 at least thats my experience but i see your using ph perfect so my advice is to not tamper with it at all.

The second is for seedlings i find it best to start them under full light. Even if the light is raised up, starting under cfl will require a hardening off period where they will have to acclimate to the stronger light.

Love the set up vex. Youlll love z7. It saved my babies from root rot and pw too

Thanks BF, and welcome!!

I hear ya. I guess if it dances around 6 I'll be fine. I don't plan on messing with PH, and let the expensive product do it's job. :)

"Perfect PH: In short, as long as your water falls between 4.5 and 8.5 pH (which is pretty much everyone's water)-this technology adjusts your pH for you and keeps it buffered there throughout your plants' growth and bloom phases!"

I'll flip on the Dwarf Star tonight. .

Ph perfect is hard to get used to because you'll want to drop your ph to correct lvls but that can cause a whole new set of issues.

Much appreciated, PW. I will leave it alone unless we see the need to adjust. :)

Re: Vex's 1st Fluxing - Be Gentle - Cookies Kush - PS Dwarf Star - RADDWC - Dewey Mis

I agree, and Z7 too. Whoot!

Here are 2 quick clips. Had a leak, but think I have it under control. Lol

RADDWC
RADDWC

Re: Vex's 1st Fluxing - Be Gentle - Cookies Kush - PS Dwarf Star - RADDWC - Dewey Mis

Welcome, Tokemon!

Glad it peaked your interest, as I'm excited to try fluxing and this system for the first time. :)

Subbed up.

I'm interested in LA's technique as well so I'd like to hang around and watch you put your spin on it. Thats an awesome looking system you've built. I admire the ingenuity of some of the folks around here to design and produce really amazing grow systems.

Hey hey VexGrows. I like the look of your set up that you've built. These deweys are really doing the business after looking at BF and PWs grows. Subbed up and looking forward to watching you do your thang . .

Subbed up.

I'm interested in LA's technique as well so I'd like to hang around and watch you put your spin on it. Thats an awesome looking system you've built. I admire the ingenuity of some of the folks around here to design and produce really amazing grow systems.
Welcome, ScrogDawg!

I appreciate the support, and agree with the many amazing diy rigs in this community. Lots of passion for growing and helping others grow.

I'm absolutely fascinated with his techniques.

My inspiration. .

420-magazine-mobile683907988.jpg

Hey hey VexGrows. I like the look of your set up that you've built. These deweys are really doing the business after looking at BF and PWs grows. Subbed up and looking forward to watching you do your thang . .
Welcome, TerpKing!

Thanks for the kind words. I love what BF and PW are doing with these misters, which challenged me to build a recirc dewey setup in a 2x2 area. So far so good. .

Back
Top Bottom