Amin420 First LST Attempt - Pineapple Chunk, Critical Kush, Bagseed - Soil/LED/Indoor

aminarc420

Whats up, growers!
This is only my second time growing and I really love looking back to see my babies growing so I decided to make another journal. As the title says, this is my first attempt at LST. After seeing some of your guys master grows using LST, I wanted to try it out for myself!
This time around I'm growing Pinapple Chunk x1: Critial Kush x1: Bagseed x2. Pineapple Chunk and Critical Kush are both Indica and I'm unsure of the bagseed but by the shape of the leaves, I'm assuming they are also Indica.
I germinated the bagseed first and they've been in veg for about 6 weeks now. The Pineapple and Critical have been in veg for about 3 weeks. Not sure how long I plan to keep in veg. I guess until the plants tell me they're ready to flower or I'm running out of room- whichever comes first :laughtwo: I'm using FoxFarm Ocean Forest mix. All 4 are currently in 2.5 gallons and are switched to 5 gallons in flower. I'm unsure of brands but for lights - Veg Tent is 600W / Flower Tent is 1000W. Temps are pretty easy for me to keep stable. My veg tent bounces a little 64-78 but my flower tent sticks around 55-65 degrees. I really struggle to keep the humidity stable. I try to always keep it above 67% in veg tent and under 55% in flower tent. PH is always 6-7.
Recently I moved my tents downstairs and ever since I've had teeny tiny little white spiders(?) in my veg tent. Still unclear on what they are (will post video later). Using the knuckle test to water but usually I won't water more than twice a week.When I water I'm using FoxFarm Nutrient Trio and following their feeding schedule (will post photo below) and both tents are 4Wx2Lx5H.

The feeding schedule I'm using:
fox-farms-soil-cannabis-chart1.jpg

Re: Amin420 First LST Attempt - Pineapple Chunk-Critical Kush-Bagseed - Soil/LED/Indo

The first two plants are bagseed

420-magazine-mobile918091187.jpg

(Not letting me upload the second photo)

My Critical Kush
420-magazine-mobile1288470116.jpg

My Pineapple Chunk
420-magazine-mobile1639675633.jpg

Pineapple and Critical are both too young but once they both grow another 2-3 nodes, I'll start training on them as well.

Re: Amin420 First LST Attempt - Pineapple Chunk, Critical Kush, Bagseed - Soil/LED/In

Loads of information on this grow hope you don't mind me sitting and watching big from me

Re: Amin420 First LST Attempt - Pineapple Chunk, Critical Kush, Bagseed - Soil/LED/In

1 week later and my babies are thriving!
I was going to post an update the day after I uploaded those first photos because the overnight growth blew my mind but the app has been giving me issues uploading photos.
But I'm back to try this again! .
420-magazine-mobile1747637825.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1911242935.jpg

I started training when both (bagseed) had 5 nodes.
I pulled her to one side and waited for some growth.
The preflowers started to develop WAY faster than my first round of plants (thanks to LST). Once they got some length, I then started to branch them out, as you can see in the pictures. I cut off most of the fan leaves, leaving the ones up top because once these babies really start to flourish, I'm worried they'll become too bushy and be prone to mold issues later on. My brother says I'm doing some sadistic shit to my plants but they seem pretty happy to me! .
420-magazine-mobile2136126175.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1011873954.jpg

Pineapple and Critical Kush seem to be growing much faster now. I'm going to transplant them soon into new soil and then I'm going to begin training on them as well.
I'm still having some pest issues. I haven't figured out what they are yet but they're not spiders like I originally thought. I'm seeing antennas. They're not eating my plants so I haven't been treating it as an emergency. Once I transplant, I'm going to re-clean out my entire tent and try get get rid of them but again, I'm not seeing them as a real threat for now.

That's all for now, my lovely stoners and growers! I'll be back again as soon as I get my PC and CK transplanted! Until then, I'll be lurking around these forums looking for some more crazy grows!

Alright! So I've just finished up doing some major work to the babes. My soil came in today (still using FFOF) so I wanted to transplant PC & CK because the last time I transplanted (because of bugs), they didn't have enough soil in their pots but because of the bugs, I transplanted all 4 plants and cleaned out the entire tent. It's been a few hours and still no sign of those little white bugs! But I'll be keeping an eye out for em'.
So after transplanting and trying to figure out what branch goes where (the whole thing curled up into itself while transplanting, both bagseed), my tent is finally back to normal. Being so close to them, I noticed that whatever those bugs were, they actually were eating my plants, leaving tiny brown holes in the leaves and I also had a nitro deficiency issue so I did something I maybe shouldn't have and went crazy with the scissors on the fan leaves.
I've heard people refer to the fan leaves as the plants lungs or their power house to grow and I may have taken off too many but I don't mind the slow growth for now.
My PC & CK are finally at 5-6 nodes so I've started training on them and I feel like I've already got a better handle on LST!
I took the babes out of their tent so I could show y'all their true color (first 2 photos are bagseed)
Still not sure how I'm going to shape this first one. I topped this one and was hoping they'd branch apart before she got to the edge of the pot but no such luck. I'll be figuring this one out as she grows.
420-magazine-mobile1899194615.jpg

This one is a little skinner looking but I'm pleased with that as it's going to be much easier planning out her shape. My plans for her are to wrap her top around the entire edge of the pot while continuing to stretch out her branches to the sides. Maybe in time I'll spiral her up if the other branches take up room.
420-magazine-mobile1956608083.jpg

Pineapple Chunk, you make me so happy! Her fan leaves were growing at an insane pace, growing out of the pot, so I cut them off and got a good start on training. Since I've been concerned with future mold problems, how I've been training (besides pulling branches) is cutting off every other node. I cut the ones that are growing under the stem (the ones hiding from the light) but for my PC & CK, I left their first preflower and stretch it to the opposite side of the pot to start a whole new top and can duplicate the opposite side once I've got some significant growth. I didn't get a head start on the bagseed otherwise you'd see where I'm hoping to go with them.
420-magazine-mobile562688763.jpg

Critical Kush, you're on your way! Same thing happened with her. Fan leaves getting too big for the pot. I've cut on her and am training the same way as PC. She's a little smaller than PC but "never doubt the runts!". I have high hopes for this girl!
420-magazine-mobile2134731372.jpg

And here is a group shot of the babes today!
420-magazine-mobile288995505.jpg

That's all for now, guys!

Looks great, I love plant training!! I am starting my auto run and wondering how to train I am a photo guy

Looks great, I love plant training!! I am starting my auto run and wondering how to train I am a photo guy

Thanks, man! I am really loving this LST. Crazy awesome growth! I love my photo plants. I like the control I have over them. Autos seem awesome but scare me a little. Haven't had the courage to try them yet but hopefully soon!

The autos (I find) don't take as well to the training or the topping. It's based on my own experience but both seem to slow growth. I guess the Ruderalis gene is the culprit lol. Mine, autos on outsides were trained/LSTd , middle one left totally alone and 6 days younger
420-magazine-mobile1057741613.jpg

Your training looks great, try to keep a few more fan leaves and your growth will be much more vigorous. I'm like you, I love the LST and actually found myself adjusting my wires more than once a day lol. Here's my result after just 30 days from poking through the soil. She's a bubba kush pheno.
420-magazine-mobile1190754602.jpg

It'll be no time and yours will be the exact same. Nice symmetrical job on the LST. With mine, I ran out of space for my wires to attach to so I had to improvise and come up with a training plan.......which didn't help either lol. Good luck, looking good!

The autos (I find) don't take as well to the training or the topping. It's based on my own experience but both seem to slow growth. I guess the Ruderalis gene is the culprit lol. Mine, autos on outsides were trained/LSTd , middle one left totally alone and 6 days younger
420-magazine-mobile1057741613.jpg

Your training looks great, try to keep a few more fan leaves and your growth will be much more vigorous. I'm like you, I love the LST and actually found myself adjusting my wires more than once a day lol. Here's my result after just 30 days from poking through the soil. She's a bubba kush pheno.
420-magazine-mobile1190754602.jpg

Thanks for the advice! I was definitely worried I had taken too many leaves off- I'll try to keep my clipping to a minimum . Your plants look amazing! I'm noticing the really tight nodes you have. My PC & CK started out that way but then one morning I went in and they were super stretched out. I have the light really close to them and I even had them propped up higher than the others for more light, on a shoe box, so I'm not really sure why the stretching occurred. And as far as the autos go- I've heard they don't take well to topping because they grow too fast to really recover from it but then I've also been told that's wrong from a couple others so who knows lol. Also, I'm hoping to make a sort of crazy pattern with my girls that I had seen from another user here (not sure if name dropping is okay here .) but I plan to do it a little differently. Once all those preflowers have reached the end of the pot, there will be more preflowers on the original one and I wanted to make like a checkerboard pattern with them. Sort of difficult to explain but hopefully I'll be able to show y'all soon!

Can't wait to see that, lol. Yeah I'm super happy with my girls, not so much the topped and LSTd autos though. I think because I'm slightly OCD and need to be doing something, lol. Leaving my one girl was an experiment to me to see if the rumours were true, and so far........they kinda are. I guess harvest time will tell but the two affected aren't even flowering fully yet, so in theory, my normal girl is presently 8 days ahead of them. She was born 6 days later, and flowered on the 4th......so bizarre, lol! Live and learn.....

What's up, growers!
Just got back from vacation and I'm totally impressed with my babies growth!!!
420-magazine-mobile1338828471.jpg

(The app won't let me upload a photo of bagseed#2)
I can already see I'm going to run into major mold problems if I don't keep up with these babies! The growth rate is insane and I'm so happy with it. They're still super short but I'm thinking about throwing my bagseed into flower once my first plant (has its own Grow journal) is ready to harvest but not 100% on that yet. I'd really like to utilize as much space in my tent as possible but after seeing how much they stretch, it might be better to switch a little earlier in my case. Either way, I'll keep y'all updated.
First photo is Critical Kush, second photo is Pineapple Chunk
420-magazine-mobile883106420.jpg

420-magazine-mobile161232667.jpg

They've sprouted so much and I'm such a proud mama!
With CK, I wanted to stretch her out like a star like all the LST tutorials talked about. No clue if I'm doing what they were talking about correctly or not but she seems happy for now and I kinda like the way she's growing. If I'm not doing it correctly though, please call me out on it! But like I said- I'm really digging the way she's growing. She's filling up the pot really nice and I'm seeing a lot of tops!
With PC- I don't really like the way she's growing too much. She's way too unsymmetrical for my taste so I'll be trying to bend and pull her different ways. She doesn't seem to be growing as fast as the others either. I've seen some other growers struggling with PC's growth rate so maybe it's just the strain? Slow grower? Not 100% on that but they've all been fed the same, grew up in the same environment and still my Pineapple Chunk is a slow poke!
Here's a group shot of my gals!
420-magazine-mobile1798489050.jpg

Again, I can't wait to see them a month from now .
That's all for now, guys! I'll try to update a little more often.

LST looks great. You should be able to train them in any direction you'd like, it just takes time to manipulate the branches accordingly. At first I was skeptical about the plants ability to throw up multiple cola by doing the LST everyday......man was I wrong. Keep up the LST until veg is over and you'll be shocked at what they produce......just keep up on your nutrients. Good job brother!

What's up, growers!
Just got back from vacation and I'm totally impressed with my babies growth!!!
420-magazine-mobile1338828471.jpg

(The app won't let me upload a photo of bagseed#2)
I can already see I'm going to run into major mold problems if I don't keep up with these babies! The growth rate is insane and I'm so happy with it. They're still super short but I'm thinking about throwing my bagseed into flower once my first plant (has its own Grow journal) is ready to harvest but not 100% on that yet. I'd really like to utilize as much space in my tent as possible but after seeing how much they stretch, it might be better to switch a little earlier in my case. Either way, I'll keep y'all updated.
First photo is Critical Kush, second photo is Pineapple Chunk
420-magazine-mobile883106420.jpg

420-magazine-mobile161232667.jpg

They've sprouted so much and I'm such a proud mama!
With CK, I wanted to stretch her out like a star like all the LST tutorials talked about. No clue if I'm doing what they were talking about correctly or not but she seems happy for now and I kinda like the way she's growing. If I'm not doing it correctly though, please call me out on it! But like I said- I'm really digging the way she's growing. She's filling up the pot really nice and I'm seeing a lot of tops!
With PC- I don't really like the way she's growing too much. She's way too unsymmetrical for my taste so I'll be trying to bend and pull her different ways. She doesn't seem to be growing as fast as the others either. I've seen some other growers struggling with PC's growth rate so maybe it's just the strain? Slow grower? Not 100% on that but they've all been fed the same, grew up in the same environment and still my Pineapple Chunk is a slow poke!
Here's a group shot of my gals!
420-magazine-mobile1798489050.jpg

Again, I can't wait to see them a month from now .
That's all for now, guys! I'll try to update a little more often.

Great job keep up the good training i love plant training I try to do a little of everything LST,HST,SUPER CROP, SCROG, FIM, top
420-magazine-mobile1160398633.jpg
420-magazine-mobile138802219.jpg
420-magazine-mobile236999425.jpg
420-magazine-mobile547917775.jpg
there is 4 different training methods going on currently

LST looks great. You should be able to train them in any direction you'd like, it just takes time to manipulate the branches accordingly. At first I was skeptical about the plants ability to throw up multiple cola by doing the LST everyday......man was I wrong. Keep up the LST until veg is over and you'll be shocked at what they produce......just keep up on your nutrients. Good job brother!

Oh yeah, man! I'm in there everyday with them, moving branches. They're growing so much and so fast, I'm starting to lose track of what goes where. I'm kinda just learning as a I go at this point lol. I've also lost track of how many tops each plant has but I'll be posting some pictures from this morning so y'all can see. As far as nutrients go, I follow that FoxFarm nute guide to the T. I really only water once a week, sometimes up to two weeks before I'll water. I like to let them dry out a little. I'm still using the knuckle test to water. I've also chilled out on cutting them so much which is why I think their growth is finally thriving .

Great job keep up the good training i love plant training I try to do a little of everything LST,HST,SUPER CROP, SCROG, FIM, top
420-magazine-mobile1160398633.jpg
420-magazine-mobile138802219.jpg
420-magazine-mobile236999425.jpg
420-magazine-mobile547917775.jpg
there is 4 different training methods going on currently

Your plants are beautifuuulll!! I've done FIM & Top even on my first plant. I only topped her once and she grew into this giant Y . With these guys, I've only FIMed and topped them once so far but since I'm training these babies, they're taking on a totally different shape. I'd love to try super crop next time and SCROG looks super interesting to me but I'm a little apprehensive to try SCROG because I don't like the idea of not being able to get to where I need to on my plants. I'm super limited on space right now but if I ever get a full room to grow, I'd love to try that out too .

Back
Top Bottom