Girl Scout, Lemon Haze, Low Rider Kush

JRD0806

Hello, and welcome to my grow journal. I am new to this site, and not sure if this is being done correctly. So please bear with me. Thanks.

I am currently in the seedling stage as i like to call it. Each plant only has or has started its second set of true leaves. In some of these photos you will see curled leaf in one of them. I chalked this up to much water. It has rained for 3 days straight here. So as of yesterday i moved them under my deck to decrease water intake. At this time they are to small for that much water. Sun is out today so maybe they will dry out a little.

I am growing three different strains here.
Girl scout- This is a indica strain.
Lemon Haze- This is a sativa strain. I wanna say it is a hybrid but I am not sure.
Low Rider Kush- These seeds were free in my bundle so I am not sure if it is sativa or indica.

I started these seeds in a soil mix, as these plants will be growing outdoors. Eventually I will transplant them in to the ground at some point in this grow. Probably after two months or so. Want them to be nice and healthy before I make that decision.

The soil mix is composed of a compost and manure mix, it also has some perlite in it, as well as some pete moss and some worm castings. The soils already contains a .05-.05-.05 NPK.

I am going to post some pictures on here. If there is any info I am missing please let me know, as I want this to be the best journal that I can make. It wont be perfect but I am gonna sure try.

Photos to follow:welcome::thanks:

The photos, I will learn to edit and size them properly just got to figure it out. If there is any info I am missing or you guys need to know please let me know

Good morning guys. Its been a few days now. Got some more leafs coming out finally. The lemon haze had curled leafs a few day ago, I chalked this up to over watering because it rained three days straight. I should of put them under the deck to deture the rain. That was my fault.
So the question is im debating weather to fertilize then with some low npk ferts. Is anyone opposed to me mixing up a small batch with just fish emulsion? This particular brand is a 5-1-1 at full strength. Im thinking of mixing this at 1/4 of strength just to add a little juice.

Hello again guys. I took my own advise on this one. I was currently using a compost/soil mixture for my medium.

As you can see by the pictures here. I have changed out my soil. I mixed this with some Happy Frog top soil, a little bit perlite about a cup to a cup and half per pot, I also mixed in more pete moss in to this mix.

Im about 40% soil, 40% pete moss, and 20% perlite.

I have not watered these gems yet because the medium I took them out of was dry on the top but still pretty wet in the middle. So as I was transplanting them. Iseen that soil around the root ball was still prettt wet. So i just put them in the dry soil. Im gonna give these a day or two to completly dry.

Please feel free to give me any opinions or thoughts. This would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

20170526_105235.jpg
20170526_105244.jpg
20170526_105241.jpg
20170526_105224.jpg
20170526_105238.jpg

Im thinking the more air these plants get the better they will be able to absourb water and nutrients. This is why I went with the ratios .

No comments at all. Is there anyone that can let me know if I'm on the right path or do I need to do something different. I've had two grows in my time. The first was successful but didn't pack much punch. The second failed miserably. This is now my third but I feel I have much more to learn. That's why I am here. If there's anyone that can help . If not it's kool I'll keep posting and you guys keeps watching . It will get better.

I am in, I did a lot of soil grows outdoors way back when, I always started mine inside with window sunlight until 4-6 nodes and then they went in the ground.

How are you overnight temps? depending where your are at, it can still get pretty chilly at night and take awhile for the soil to warm up again.

You might want to think about moving them inside at night or in a controlled environment until they start to get rooted better, and they don't need a lot of water right away, if you water, water only around the edge of the pot so the roots have to find it, it helps develop what is on top of the soil.:welcome:

Thanks for the response. Our night time temps are still around high 50s to mid 60s for now every day it keeps getting warmer which is always good. Kinda need that sunlight and warm weather. Something I never thought of though or even thought to think of.
Just wondering if I were to put a plastic bag or kinda my own little green house over them at night would help my cause. It would defiantly keep humidity inside of it. Again just an idea.

As far as the kush being an auto. Yes I knew this. I did my research before purchasing the seeds. And im pretty sure you can grow autos outdoors. They defiantly tend to finish faster than the other strans out there. Which is ok with me because I've always allowed the plants to go deep in to October before harvesting them. At this point I'm a long ways away from harvest.

These seedling are just now two weeks old exactly. I've seen plants that are much more developed after two weeks. Of course all have been indoor grows. I don't see much on here about outdoor grows, and how fast they should be developing .

Thanks for the input guys.

Thanks for the response. Our night time temps are still around high 50s to mid 60s for now every day it keeps getting warmer which is always good. Kinda need that sunlight and warm weather. Something I never thought of though or even thought to think of.
Just wondering if I were to put a plastic bag or kinda my own little green house over them at night would help my cause. It would defiantly keep humidity inside of it. Again just an idea.

Its not a bad idea, when I did my transplant from inside to the ground outside between the middle of April to 1st of May, I used a "waterwall" which was a green vinyl circle of individual tubes you filled with water, it was self supporting once filled and acted as a green house around the plant...these saved many plants from a late frost.

Not sure if they make them anymore but it worked well, the top was open to allow the light in and the heat from the sun was absorbed by the water during the day keeping the ground warm and acting as a heater when the temps dropped, it also kept them protected from the wind. When they would start peaking out the top I removed them.

Good afternoon guys. So here they are a week after moving them into there new soil. I have seen a sudden growth in the plants.

I had taken these pictures before I watered today. I think they look much better after a drink. I still have not used any nutes yet. I wanna wait till they get a few more signature leaves on them.

Thanks for the input on the wall-o-water. I bought two of those . Seem to work really well. Im also trying to construct a little green house for them to sit in at night time since temps are still kinda cool at night.

Again thank you guys for stopping by my journal. Feel free to throw me any pointers.

They are looking happier, You are right to hold off on the nutes for awhile, your soil should have enough to create a good root system, as that happens you will notice more growth on the top side, and when you get a couple more nodes of growth, then ease into the nuites and keep the soil on the damp side about 3/4-1" below the top watering heavier around the edge of the pot and less towards the stem.

Keep a eye out for pests, they like young plants,,,:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom