Jeebus's First Grow In CFL Cabinet, Sour Diesel Auto

Jeebus95

Hello everybody, I'm a new user and a smoker for 4 or 5 years. I always smoke for the insight and intuition weed gives me, and being myself kind of a spiritual guy I've decided to grow myself one plant of weed, which gives me the chance of choosing the right strain instead of just buying random (and not good) stuff. After a lot of research and reading I planted my first seed, currently I'm in day 18 of vegetative grow (from sprouting).

- Growbox: 2 foot long x 1 foot wide x 2.5 foot high (60cm x 30cm x 90cm approx)
- Seed: Sour Diesel, auto and feminised, by Dinafem. Will be growing one plant at a time
- Light: single 150w cfl, that uses 125w and provides 8000 lumens (2 23w 2700k 1600 lumen cfls will be added during flowering). Due to fans being noisy, lights are on from 7am to 1am (18-6), but I'm probably going to change that because of too high temps (more on that below)
- Soil: Biobizz Lightmix, which provides nutes for the first month of veg and has a ph of 6.2 and some perlite inside (Biobizz Biobloom -NPK 2-7-4- will be added during flowering)
- Watering: it is done when the first inch of the soil is completely dry; water used is bottled and has a ph that goes from 6.8 to 7.4 (couldn't find any water more acidic than that yet)
- Ventilation: I have two passive intakes, one active intake that blows between the plant and the cfl and two active exhausts (one behind the cfl, another one higher). Fans are all from pc coolers. Got an AC unit in my room and I'm seriously thinking about turning it on using a timer maybe: temps inside the growbox are too high, and room temp is high too (it's not the room by the way, it's the weather !) *
- Temperatures:
Room temp is 75F-24C.
The air from the exhaust fan that's right behind the cfl is at 77F-25C
The air from the upper exhaust fan is at a temp of 79F-26C
Temp at the plant (right above the soil) goes from 79F-26C to 84F-29C during day time
Temp over night (inside the growbox) is 70F-21C (thanks to the cardboard box inside the cabinet, which theoretically prevents big temperature drops - fans are not on during night).
Planning to buy an oscillating one (4 inches, 2.5watts, is that ok ?)
*UPDATE: turned off the intake fan, redirecting power to the lower exhaust one: temps dropped from 84F-29C to 79F-26C !! Going to move that intake fan, and put it in a new hole as a third exhaust, then cut a new passive intake hole and see what happens !
- RH and PH soil/runoff are unknown: planning to buy a PH pen and a hygrometer soon
- Grower is a guy who read a ton of stuff, trying to save money on electrical bill, with some knowledge in electronics (he thinks he knows how to DIY some stuff, but hasn't much patience: planning to build a DIY humidifier/dehumidifier and a DIY carbon filter). He is being constantly fed with spaghetti, his favourite meal. Gonna provide him some meat for proteins in the future. I think it's on day 9028 since sprouting or something

Things I am currently worried about:
- one leaf (I believe it's malformed) is starting to droop slightly
- there's a slight curling, probably caused by overwatering or heat, or both
- black spots on the veins, which look like burn spots or something. Started showing since day 5 or 10, didn't get worse or better, new grown leaves have this too, so it might be just a normal thing but I'm not sure

Things I plan to do:
- Maybe buy an oscillating fan for an even distribution of airflow (I believe pc fans are not good for this purpose)
- Build a DIY carbon filter, a DIY humidifier (using spongey materials or maybe perlite) and a DIY dehumidifier (using a fan and some humidity-absorber materials, need research on this)
- Buy a thermo&RH regulator and hook it up to the whole DIY RH/temp system
- Buy other basic growing equipment, such as Mylar, a proper inline fan veg nutes for the next grow, and so on
- LST (maybe, still have to see how the whole thing goes, I'll do it if there are no problems)

Gonna do weekly updates, or updates when I have problems or "news" like "Hey, got myself a <insert thing name>, and since then these things changed <explain changes and maybe show pictures>". Not going to do daily updates because I think it's going to bother people with notifications. In these weekly updates I'm going to put pics of all 7 days, recording the plant growth. The reason behind that is that I had a hard time finding grow logs showing how exactly a plant should/should not grow: how fast, how well, how bad. And it's cool too, like...you scroll down and see those tiny leaves getting huge after some time, I think it might be cool :)

I take any advice and I am willing to take any constructive criticism: please hit me hard if you feel I'm doing something wrong !! I'd love to give the best to m'lady, not just because of "yield", but because I respect life in all forms and I really want the best for her. And for me too, let's be honest. But she comes first, so I encourage you to give suggestions and advices if you feel so, no matter how hard you think your words might be

So let's get started shall we :love:

Kind-of-incomplete-growlog-but-still
Born: 10 May --> Removed seed thing manually; plant born in a weird way
First set: 13 May
Second set: 17 May --> Thermo fell over the plant for 1-2 secs (I cried..nah but I was close to crying I swear, I was so sorry), second set grows in a weird way
Third set: 23 May
Fourth set: 25 May
Fifth set: 28 May

Growbox (more pics after I finish it)

Setup_Intakes.png

Setup_Exhausts.png

And the grow up to now (note: if "day" is not written before a pic, it means that picture refers to the last day mentioned)

DAY 5
Sprout_5.png

DAY 8
Second_set_8.png

DAY 9
Second_set_9.png

DAY 10
Second_set_10.png

DAY 11
Second_set_11.png

Second_set_11_side.png

DAY 13
Third_set_13.png

Third_set_13_side.png

DAY 14
Third_set_14.png

DAY 15
Third_set_15.png

DAY 16
Third_set_16.png

DAY 17 (side by side comparison)
Fourth_set_17_comparison.png

Curling (first pic) and "Tacoing" (second pic, leaf on the right - it became droopy the day after) noticed
Fourth_set_17_curl_arrow.png
Fourth_set_17_curl_tacoing.png

DAY 18
Fifth_set_18.png

Fifth_set_18_side.png

"Tacoing" leaf (the closest one) spotted on day 17 became droopy (well, a part of it, not the whole leaf)
Fifth_set_18_droopy.png

Re: Jeebus's grow ---> CFL - Cabinet - First time grow - Sour Diesel Auto (Dinafem)

subbed into this grow, i'm liking the organization! your plants lookin good so far.

Re: Jeebus's grow ---> CFL - Cabinet - First time grow - Sour Diesel Auto (Dinafem)

Hey, thanks for joining, things will get way better when I'll have the rest of the equipment, tho I don't know when (need to pay tons of stuff in this period, so probably 2 or 3 weeks and I'll get all I need, which is just in time for flowering).

Just put a bottle of frozen water inside, no fans blowing on it to avoid humidity increase, temps went down by another 2F-1C (temp is now 77F-25C).
I think I'll have to have 2 bottles in the freezer and one in the growbox, so that I'll always have a frozen bottle available.
Things to do today/tomorrow:
- Cut the top part of all the 3 bottles and submerge half of a cpu heatsink before freezing, then when ready to use put it in front of a fan to slowly blow some air (if air blows directly to the bottle, humidity will raise up and ice will melt faster - temps too will go down to much I believe. Blowing to the not-submerged-part of the heatsink will prevent that)
- Cut another passive intake, and put a third exhaust fan, and see if there are any improvements
- Start LST, because plant is not looking bad and the curling I see is not getting worse (plus I just fixed temperatures, and being Sour Diesel Auto 60% sativa it can tolerate heat better then indicas)

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom