Beavis Does Blue Dream In High Brix Soil

Beavis

Hey everyone, I hope y'all are having a fine Memorial Holiday weekend! :thumb: It's always nice to get an extra day off work! Cheers to all our Vets and those that have been lost! :bravo:

I thought I'd kick up a journal now that the fireworks have begun in bloom stage. :slide:

This is my 2nd attempt at a grow, with the first ending in me killing off my Huckleberry Kush plants I started in January. lol So I planted some Blue Dream seeds that popped on February 21. I duplicated the problem with the Blue Dream and almost succeeded in killing them off too. But with help from the Brix gang we figured out the issue, did a massive course correction and very slowly nursed them back to health. :high-five: In short, I wasn't feeding properly and was overwatering.

On April 10th we picked the healthiest of the 3 Blue Dreams (tent only large enough for 1 plant) and I up potted it to a 15 gallon Root Pouch soft pot. Of the 3 BD's I had going, the one I selected was actually the slowest growing. But she was the healthiest and seemed less affected by my earlier screwup.

So we let her just slowly veg and get big and bushy and here we are today in Bloom at Flip +13. Needless to say....I'm on cloud 9 and praying things continue to stay on track!

I owe everything to the fine Brix gang. I'd have given up long ago without their patience and support!

What strain is it? HSO Blue Dream
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Flower +13
If in Veg... For how long? Much longer than originally intended :cheesygrinsmiley:
If in Flower stage... For how long? 13 days
Indoor or outdoor? indoor in a 2 x 2.5 x 6' tent
Soil or Hydro? Doc Bud's High Brix soil goodness
If soil... what is in your mix? Doc's secret blend
If soil... What size pot? 15 gallon root pouch soft pot
Size of light? Black Diamond Perfect Sun 500 LED
Is it aircooled? no
Temp of Room/cab? Generally 75-80 day, 66-68 night
RH of Room/cab? 50-55
PH of media or res? what is PH?
Any Pests ? No but I hate answering this and jinxing myself
How often are you watering? Right now about every 5-6 days
Type and strength of ferts used? doc's Growth Energy & Transplant Drenches, teas and foliar feedings.

March 28th...lol yikes

IMG_63367.JPG

April 14 - Had been uppotted in the 15 gallon 4 days earlier on the 10th

IMG_64659.JPG

April 26

IMG_653810.JPG

May 8

IMG_659211.JPG

May 17 (Flip +2)

IMG_66928.JPG

Hey thanks TripleBeam I appreciate you stopping by! Well Duggan is a good dude...he's been a great mentor in helping me figure this all out!

I just noticed that we still have a topic all to ourselves. I just wish I could be the one taking your pictures. The good and bad ones. I just had to chop four plants and break down my 5x5. I was 45 days in. Landlord is selling my building. Therefore people will be inspecting and walking all around where it was setup. That's life I suppose. Throwing curve balls and making me adjust. I bet you are a little proud of your accomplishment you have in the tent. You may not admit it but, that's ok I know I would be a little proud if I was in your shoes.

Oh man that sucks TB...sorry you didn't get to wrap up that grow. Hopefully you can figure out a way to supplement that loss!

I'm beyond thrilled but at the same time don't want to jinx myself lol. I've been wanting to grow for a long, long time and finally decided to go for it. First plant I killed and almost did the same again to this girl...so to be at this point, yeah, you could say I'm proud. Ecstatic and over the moon is more like it. lol I just don't wanna screw it up.

Well today was work day in the garden...perfect way to spend time off work. :slide:

Today was GE day so we fed this gal 15ml GE and 1.5ml tea in about 2 gallons of RO. :morenutes: I put 2/3 of this amount in the tray and let her soak it up from the bottom and 1/3 I poured over the top. She took slightly over another 1/2 gallon of straight RO from the top before we started seeing it seeping from the bottom. So she drank slightly over 2.5 gallons this round. It has been 5 days since the last straight RO watering.

I also added some additional bracing to the sides of my tent. I like the tent but they should provide more side support so I supplemented it again. I added the lower 4 a few weeks ago but with the stretch needed to add more higher up. I need every inch I can get in this small tent!

IMG_678113.JPG

Also today I removed most of the wires I was using to train the plant and keep a nice, even canopy. The plant had taken the general shape we wanted and now the focus is on keeping the leaders in check with a little supercropping.

I bought some 3/16" oval dowel rods and am using them for supports on most of the exterior branches. Not all needed it. I angled them outwards and tied the main exterior branches to the dowel rods. I stretched them out a little to allow more light down into the plant and to all the bud sites. As the colas grow I can continue training them upwards and outwards along the dowel rod. The dowel rods will also be able to provide support to all the big fat colas. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_67629.JPG

IMG_67639.JPG

IMG_676812.JPG

IMG_67667.JPG

IMG_677013.JPG

IMG_677211.JPG

IMG_67759.JPG

IMG_677811.JPG

IMG_67768.JPG

IMG_67839.JPG

IMG_678712.JPG

Hey Beavis, what a fine young lady you have there! I'm currently flowering my first run, just a basic Fox Farm setup, but have my DBHBB soil cooking for an August run. Hope you don't mind if I tag along and soak up some brixing knowledge.

That's a beautiful plant there.

I missed the fun stuff, but I can watch the stretch (doesn't look like it will be much), buds flowering, and the finish :)

Haha, yeah Radogast all the fun veg stuff is over. Sorry bro, you'll just have to stick around for the buds and colas. Bummer. :cheesygrinsmiley: Yeah I guess comparatively it won't stretch much but to me it has. It has been a pretty slow grower and we finally just said screw it, let's flip her. lol She's probably doubled her size heigth wise so far....maybe not quite that much.

Hey Beavis, what a fine young lady you have there! I'm currently flowering my first run, just a basic Fox Farm setup, but have my DBHBB soil cooking for an August run. Hope you don't mind if I tag along and soak up some brixing knowledge.

Why thank you Redloh84! I'll have to check your journal and first grow! You're going to love Doc's soil. Once you get it all down it's so darn easy. Seriously. I actually get bored with just a single plant waiting days to do something and interact with the plant! haha Please pull up a chair. I'll do my best not to kill this one off!

Fake plants! Amazon or Alibaba? Where did you order this fake plant?

Haha, I lucked out and picked up a plastic plant off Amazon for $14.99 for Memorial Day.

Thanks for stopping by Doc...I'll do my best to make you proud! Also about to send in for the new products!

I mean I'm a first timer Doc...can you believe it? haha, your program obviously works!

She's rockin' now. Just hang on and watch her go!

:cool:

You're talking my language Governmentchz! She got a GE yesterday so her belly is nice and full. Getting ready for the CD's here pretty soon! :slide:

Back
Top Bottom