Special Queen #1 First Grow

papajohn77

Hey All! I am happy to say that after months of research and reading peoples posts on here, I've started my first grow and it is going great so far. Take a look, and hopefully you'll stay for the ride. HERE WE GO!

What strain is it?_________________________________________Special Queen #1 By Royal Queen Seeds
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?________________________________50% Sativa 50% Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?_________________________________________________Veg
If in Veg... For how long?___________________________________________________I planted a week ago
Indoor or outdoor?________________________________________________________indoor
Soil or Hydro?____________________________________________________________soil
If soil... what is in your mix?__________________________________80% Fox Farms Ocean Forest 20% Perlite
If soil... What size pot?_________________________12oz cup right now, but going to transplant into a 3 gal pot
Size of light?____________________________________(6) 23 Watt (100Watt Incandescent) 6500K CFL
Is it aircooled?___________________________________________________________yes
How often are you watering?_____________________________________________about 1 tbs every other day
Type and strength of ferts used?_____________________________________________none right now
Reflective material_______________________________________________________ Flat white paint

I really am looking forward to keeping up with this grow journal because not only am I excited for how y'all will like my progress and give me tips and suggestions on how to make my plants grow bigger, better, and faster, but I am excited to create this to help out all the rookies out there just like me and show them that it is not that hard as people think.

well here she is! only about a week-old since I planted it in 50/50 mix of FFOF and old filler soil I use for vegetables. I started it by soaking in water for 24 hours. 48 hours later she was up.

IMG_503815.JPG
IMG_504216.JPG

IMG_505811.JPG
IMG_505710.JPG

here she is, 12 days from sprout, i just watered her right before taking the pictures, as you can see the first set of leaves towards the bottom of the plant are starting to turn yellow, I'm not too worried as I suspect this is just a common nitrogen deficiency. Im going to fix this by transplanting into a roughly 1 gallon size plastic pot for now. If I'm wrong on my rookie diagnosis let me know :thumb:

Ill post an update on Thursday.

DAY 14!!! -----Not really anything different except i transplanted from the original 6oz pot to about a 3/4gallon pot. hopefully she likes it. Anyone have any suggestions on when i should start using ferts, if so what? i was thinking about getting the fox farms trio but the nearest store to carry it is 2 hours away.
IMG_50608.JPG

DAY 24 --- came back from my cousins wedding day to find my plant healthy as ever (from what i hope) Im not sure whether or not I need to start nutes soon... I know that usually FFOF soil growers don't use nutes for the first 3-4 weeks, anyone know any different?
IMG_508512.JPG
IMG_508611.JPG
IMG_508710.JPG
IMG_508811.JPG

DAY 31 --- These photos were taken on day 31 (4+weeks) but posting on day 33 if you're counting. Anyways here she is. she's starting to smell up the room a little bit. still using the same soil FFOF, watering as needed. and no added nutes yet! just bought some DR. Earths DRY Bud and Bloom Fert (3-9-4) and I'm going to start using that.
IMG_51066.JPG
IMG_510711.JPG
IMG_51116.JPG
IMG_51099.JPG
IMG_510810.JPG

DAY 34(4 weeks 1 day) --- Not much different beside a couple of (soon to be flower spots) new spots grew in. Implemented a SCROG made out of scrap wood and nylon thread bought from ACE for 4$. Also put in my really homemade carbon filter on. made from a couple of pencil cups from walmart and a black pantyhose.

ANY SUGGESTIONS just post, I am very open to suggestions and criticism as this is still new to me.
IMG_51179.JPG
IMG_51187.JPG
IMG_512310.JPG
IMG_51217.JPG
IMG_51209.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom