Mexi420's Royal Queen Seeds Feminized Special Kush #1

mexi420

Wasup!!!

This will be my second grow with my garage grow set up. First grow is still in progress but didn't want to do a journal on it until I was more comfortable with indoor growing. I think most people on here will know this strain got the seed free with some other seeds that I brought. Plant is on day 60 from when it popped I left it in a smaller pot in an attempt to slow down growth so the clones I took could catch up. That didn't happen so transplanted to a 15ltr pot and here we are today. This is going to be a late start journal because I'm not keen to wait until next time round to start one. Anyway here some info on my set up.

Plant is grown indoor in my garage inside of a wardrobe I changed into a grow room. Painted the walls white fitted a 200mm extraction fan with passive intake from the bottom of the closet. Light is a 600w led. There is a small fan blowing directly on the plant also. Timers are set to 18/6 and extraction fan and inside fan are also set on this timer. I have a eco panel heater screwed to the back wall and attached to an external digital thermostat.

Medium is organic soil. Called gro organic soil

Watering every couple of days at the moment with pure nz spring water which always hits about 6.7 on the ph meter so I've not bothered checking it anymore and ozi magic grow which I think is going to make a HUGE difference to plant size as far as it's going ATM. Will be switching to ozi monsta bud when i move her into the flowering tent.

Am prob gonna veg her for 3'months or so maybe more depending on how fast the ak47 clones take to catch up. Have topped her but somehow failed and another shoot appeared a couple of weeks after the top but I don't mind just gonna let it go like that. Lst to keep the canopy even until flowering.

Any info or help is greatly appreciated in advance as this is only my second grow.

And here we go lol

Picture was taken today checked soil was getting quite dry so will water tomorrow.

Temp 21c
Humidity 58%

420-magazine-mobile120641640.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1377669841.jpg

Watered today with 1ltr of water with 10ml of ozi magic bud grow. This shit seems to supercharge growth I'm really happy with it. Pinned down some of the branches again. It's already getting too wide for the closet haha. Chucked in a shot of the ak47 clones aswell. Will be going into bigger pots soon. Temp and humidity are in one of the pics.

420-magazine-mobile1975129905.jpg
420-magazine-mobile987286292.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1942487031.jpg

Progress pic

Temp 22c
Humidity 58%

She's getting bushy mate. Really love how this strain is growing. Checked soil seemed a little dry so will water tomorrow with 10ml of ozi magic bud grow. Re potted one of the clones in organic soil with Mycorrhiza and the ozi grow tonic. Seemed to need it as it is already nearly as tall as the special kush.
420-magazine-mobile428930245.jpg
420-magazine-mobile80164373.jpg
420-magazine-mobile429595163.jpg

Progress pic and my diy bubble cloner

Watered the kush with 10ml of ozi magic grow in 1 litre of water. Also gave the 2 ak47 clones a water with the same shit.

420-magazine-mobile496709519.jpg

420-magazine-mobile337232932.jpg

420-magazine-mobile241296334.jpg

A lot of new tops have come up in the last week or so. Going to take some clones very soon. That's why I decided to go ahead and build myself a bubble cloner. Got the design and all the ideas from this forum actually. Just brought a food container, 2 air bars and a 50w fish tank heater. Already had the air pump and some plasti dip at home so chucked it all together and this is what I came up with. Only need 4 holes ATM.

420-magazine-mobile388428458.jpg

420-magazine-mobile270300338.jpg

Put a door on the front of some old shelves and lined with white plastic. Chucked an 18w led grow light in there. Does anyone know if that kind of light will be ok for cuttings? Also don't know weather or not it's necessary for a humidity dome when your cloning this way? I got another container just in case.

420-magazine-mobile271646256.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1699183934.jpg

420-magazine-mobile14943074.jpg

If anyone can see anything that needs improving or whatever let me know. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!! -♂️..

Put a door on the front of some old shelves and lined with white plastic. Chucked an 18w led grow light in there. Does anyone know if that kind of light will be ok for cuttings? Also don't know weather or not it's necessary for a humidity dome when your cloning this way? I got another container just in case.

If anyone can see anything that needs improving or whatever let me know. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!! -♂️..

Everything is looking good. I currently have some little cuttings under an 18 watt light and it works to keep the plants alive and allow for some slow veg. The only thing I can think of is that you may want to move your cloner within 12" of the light. Here's my veg dome.

20170606_111001.jpg

This cutting has been under the light for a little over 2 weeks. This was 5/30...

20170530_072828.jpg

and this was 6/12...

20170612_235715.jpg

Everything is looking good. I currently have some little cuttings under an 18 watt light and it works to keep the plants alive and allow for some slow veg. The only thing I can think of is that you may want to move your cloner within 12" of the light. Here's my veg dome.

20170606_111001.jpg

This cutting has been under the light for a little over 2 weeks. This was 5/30...

20170530_072828.jpg

and this was 6/12...

20170612_235715.jpg

Aw yea sweet looks like that has rooted well. I'll have to measure the distance and see what it is.

How did you do your clones? The last lot i did were 4 soaked in aloe water then dipped in aloe and straight into soil. Only the ak47 clones survived and it took them a good 3-4 weeks to root. The 2 lemon kush clones were pulled from the pot after 5 weeks and chucked into water. Still only nubs for roots. Mind you they were put under my 600w led .

So decided to trial the bubble cloner hopefully success will be higher haha. Here it is done with the special kush clones. Hoping for similar success as the people on here i got the ideas from .

420-magazine-mobile68393192.jpg

420-magazine-mobile517370341.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1370216506.jpg

420-magazine-mobile418054144.jpg

A couple of progress pics

Special kush has had 4 cuttings taken from her but I think that's going to help the smaller ones that were shaded come through. Already noticing the better growth from the same branch
420-magazine-mobile1368991595.jpg

Ak47 clones are coming along nicely too. It's a big relief after waiting so long for them to root
420-magazine-mobile409357579.jpg

420-magazine-mobile909976550.jpg

Clones in the bubbler are doing well. No signs of wilting so fingers crossed
420-magazine-mobile798492861.jpg

Here's a couple of sneaky pics from my first 2 plants grown. Ak47 and lemon kush. Only got a couple of weeks to go can't wait!

They are in the 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m tent I use for flowering under 2 1000w leds. This is the tent the special kush and ak47 clones will be going into when they are ready

Ak47
420-magazine-mobile1823796432.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1002357312.jpg

Lemon kush
420-magazine-mobile490577332.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2103988341.jpg

Watered today with 1ltr of water with 10ml of ozi magic bud grow. This shit seems to supercharge growth I'm really happy with it.

This "ozi magic bud grow" you speak of, is that Ozi Magic Monsta Bud that you can get from Bunnings?

The monsta bud is for flower the magic bud grow is for veg. You can't get it from bunnings here I had to get it from a hydo store. I'm assuming your from auz? Your bunnings is way better haha

Aw yea sweet looks like that has rooted well. I'll have to measure the distance and see what it is.

How did you do your clones? The last lot i did were 4 soaked in aloe water then dipped in aloe and straight into soil. Only the ak47 clones survived and it took them a good 3-4 weeks to root. The 2 lemon kush clones were pulled from the pot after 5 weeks and chucked into water. Still only nubs for roots. Mind you they were put under my 600w led .

So decided to trial the bubble cloner hopefully success will be higher haha. Here it is done with the special kush clones. Hoping for similar success as the people on here i got the ideas from .

It was literally like this. I saw some small branches at the bottom of the plant. put some soil in a little 2" pot and watered it. Cut the clone, trimmed a lower leaf or 2 and stuck it in the soil. That was it. It was more of an experiment to see if they would root without any assistance and they did, so for now I'm not gonna bother buying any cloning gel or agents. I mean I'm 2 for 2 right now so if it aint broke... :laughtwo:

I hope that bubble cloner works out!

I found it interesting that there seems to be about a 60% success rate with cloning, and that's even using additional promoters, so I was thrilled when my 2 rooted with no problems without using anything.

The monsta bud is for flower the magic bud grow is for veg. You can't get it from bunnings here I had to get it from a hydo store. I'm assuming your from auz? Your bunnings is way better haha

Yep I'm from Aus. Never heard of the Bud Gro, but I can get the Monsta Bud at Bunnings. Though I'm sure they'd know what I was doing if I got that so I haven't bought any yet. Might have to check out a hydro store and see what they got. Thanks for the info.

Your plants are looking mighty fine by the way. What other nutrients are you using other than Bud Gro? Sorry if you already mentioned it.

I hope that bubble cloner works out!

I found it interesting that there seems to be about a 60% success rate with cloning, and that's even using additional promoters, so I was thrilled when my 2 rooted with no problems without using anything.[/QUOTE]

Yea me too. It'll make things a whole lot easier if it does work. I'll give another update on them in 5 days. I must say though that they are doing well without a humidity dome compared to my first lot. Here's how I had them first time round

420-magazine-mobile2047950785.jpg

Yep I'm from Aus. Never heard of the Bud Gro, but I can get the Monsta Bud at Bunnings. Though I'm sure they'd know what I was doing if I got that so I haven't bought any yet. Might have to check out a hydro store and see what they got. Thanks for the info.

Your plants are looking mighty fine by the way. What other nutrients are you using other than Bud Gro? Sorry if you already mentioned it.

This is what I've been using so far. Didn't get to use the grow stuff on the first 2 plants they prob would of been abit bigger if I did. It's no illegal to buy plant nutrients haha but yea I get what you mean. Straight up says monsta buds on the label.

420-magazine-mobile723039190.jpg

She's getting too big for the veg closet and wanna chuck her in the flowering tent but plants that are in there are due for the chop in a week or so. Was going to use the tent to dry the buds in but I've been reading it's not good to dry them with any light. What a pain in the ass haha I've got my timing all fucked up. It's about 18 inches wide and 11 inches high. Does that sound like a good size to do the flip? Or would it be ok to try and wait it out another couple of weeks. The tent seems the best environment for drying. Or has anyone got a super sweet idea on how to dry buds properly some other way.

420-magazine-mobile1120282439.jpg

420-magazine-mobile278829754.jpg

She's getting too big for the veg closet and wanna chuck her in the flowering tent but plants that are in there are due for the chop in a week or so. Was going to use the tent to dry the buds in but I've been reading it's not good to dry them with any light. What a pain in the ass haha I've got my timing all fucked up. It's about 18 inches wide and 11 inches high. Does that sound like a good size to do the flip? Or would it be ok to try and wait it out another couple of weeks. The tent seems the best environment for drying. Or has anyone got a super sweet idea on how to dry buds properly some other way.
I've seen people using cardboard boxes or storage bins as drying areas.

Update

Watered with 2 liters of water. Have switched to tap water which comes from a water tank we have. It's free and seems to be fine. Added 15mls of ozi monsta grow.

Growth is coming on fast now I'm going to let it grow as much as possible before I chuck her in the flower tent. Looking at adding a 450w viparspectra reflector in with my 2 1000w cheap leds light in the flower tent. Mostly for the red flower spectrum to supplement the whole set up.

The girls in my flower tent seemed to have stalled somewhat so am just going to let them go another few weeks. Is it true plants grown under leds take a few weeks longer than under hps? Still waiting on my smart phone microscope. They are just about at 8 weeks now.

Anyway here's a shot of the special kush #1. Cramped up against the sides but I let the lst wires go so hoping for some upward growth. Seems to stay really bushy under the led. Still way bigger than my other plants when I flipped them so here's hoping hay results in bigger buds. First pic is from 4 days ago. You can really notice the growth

420-magazine-mobile1645997812.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1632310314.jpg

Back
Top Bottom