Journeying Into The Unknown With High Brix

TripleBeam

What strain is it? Unknown. We will find out soon enough. Ya, I know it's not as cool as the awesome known strain grows out there, but is it really all about the genetics?

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Most likely indica or indica hybrid.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Vegetative state. At this point waiting on germination.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor. Currently in a reptile/amphibian glass tank. Will transition to a 5'x5' tent in a week or two.

Soil or Hydro? Soil, Promix HP.

If soil... what is in your mix? Doc Bud's High Brix Blend.

If soil... What size pot? Starting in red party cups, then to one gallons, and finishing in either seven or ten gallon pots.

Size of light? In tank I have two twenty three watt reptile cfls. The tent will have a 300 watt led and four T12s that are four feet long.

Is it aircooled? It will be a sealed room setup in tent. The tent will have a four inch carbon filter and a six inch fan for smell control. Plus a circulating fan. Might induce Co2 during flower.

Temp of Room/cab? Generally 78-82 day and 70-74 night.

RH of Room/cab? The two grow areas are in a garage so I am at the mercy of the weather. I will do my best with humidifiers and dehumidifier when needed.

PH of media or res? What is PH? HaHa!

Any pest? Shouldn't be a problem.

How often are you watering? It's day zero of grow so none needed at this point. I will be dunking until they are in their final pots.

Type and strength of ferts used? Doc Bud's Growth Energy, Transplant Drenches, Teas and Foliar feedings as instructed.

My Experience Level? This is technically my third grow. I completed a Osmocote plus grow last year as my first. I was very pleased with my results as a first timer. It started out as a whatever I could buy at the blue box store. As I learned more by reading here on the forums it changed to OC+ grow in my 5x5 tent. This season I started another OC+ grow. With the knowledge I learned from the first grow combined with hours and hours of reading member's journals I had a very successful grow started , but I had to tear everything down due to my landlord selling the building I live in. Inspections and such. Last month I ordered Doc's kit and cooked the soil which is now ready so here I am.

Pictures of tank I am using to germinate seeds:
1497049366028633392855.jpg
1497049478878396473954.jpg

I wrapped the glass in wrapping paper. The white underside will reflect light to keep as much light as I can inside the tank. The white tray will do the same and catch any water spillage. The beige box is a transmitter for a little weather station to remotely keep an eye on temps. I have a dehumidifier running in the garage to make all the water I need for the grow. When the four seeds germinate and grow about a week then I will setup the tent and move them over and then in about a week later I will transplant the seedlings to one gallon pots. They should have a strong rootball then. My plan once in the one gallon pots is to veg the plants for four weeks at 18/6 then transplant to their final pots and veg for another two weeks maximum, then flip them to 11/13 until they are ready to chop. Hopefully soon I will upgrade my lights. I look forward to answering any questions or comments you all have.

Red solo cups activate! Love the unknown strain....so how'd you come across these seeds?

If you have the room, I'd finish in the 10's vs. the 7's.

Morning, Seedball Bandit, Overlord, and Beavis. The seeds were given to me by a friend. You may have noticed that I labeled the cups with a number and a letter. The reason for the number is obvious, but the V is for volcano. I am testing the theory that seeds with a volcano end are female seeds. I was thinking that I should plant a fifth seed in case one doesn't grow or one turns out to be male. I should do a seed that doesn't have the volcano end. What do you guys think?

Morning, Seedball Bandit, Overlord, and Beavis. The seeds were given to me by a friend. You may have noticed that I labeled the cups with a number and a letter. The reason for the number is obvious, but the V is for volcano. I am testing the theory that seeds with a volcano end are female seeds. I was thinking that I should plant a fifth seed in case one doesn't grow or one turns out to be male. I should do a seed that doesn't have the volcano end. What do you guys think?

Just to confirm that you know what you're doing with seed identification, I'd do it, but I'd bet you have females. This never failed for me, and Duggan's had success as well as many others.

Just be sure you get the boy out of the harem as soon as he displays. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sweet adaptation to grow and still be stealthy, although that wasn't the concern, was it? The white backing should be reflective enough for the seedlings. They'll be right up there under the light anyway.

I'm doing my first attempt at Osmo Plus in hempy, and so far I'm mighty impressed with the ease. You're going to be so pleased with what Doc's kit will do for the quality of what you grow. Welcome to the crew. :hug: We're so spoiled it's almost a sin. :laughtwo:

The trick to going to ten gallon pots appears to be veg in seven gallons, transplant into ten and veg another two weeks, at least. This apparently grows monster plants that give higher yields. I'll be trying this for the first time in another couple weeks.

We have a lot in common, you and I, don't we? This should be fun. :slide:

I added the fifth seed this morning. It was a non-volcano ended seed. I prefer to only have four plants this grow. I added it in case one doesn't sprout or is a male. The temps in the tank was at 87 degrees so I took the foam top off to let more heat out. Below is a picture of where my dehumidifier waste water drains to and how I fill the jugs up. Makes it nice and easy to fill them. In eighteen hours I have two gallons of clean water. "Now back to your regularly scheduled program."
1497107483244-408055063.jpg

SweetSue,
Stealth is a concern but it's much easier in the garage. Using OC+ was a breeze to use. No ph-ing and no mixing nutes. Plus it worked great! Now that I removed the foam top the temps are down to an acceptable 83 degrees. Thanks for stopping by my journal. Ttyl.

Since my tent has been taken down, I have thinking about what I was going to put underneath it when I set it back to separate it from the concrete floor in the garage. I have two sheets of plywood that would work or a tarp I used to mix the HB soil. While I was deciding I kept an eye on the dumpsters near where I work for some carpet or foam padding. I even debated checking with a carpet store for remnants on the cheap. Thankfully my patience blessed me with a gift from the dumpster God's. In one of them was carpet tiles measuring 18"x18"s that have rubber bottoms. I grabbed enough to cover a six by eight foot area. Obviously plenty for a five by five tent. Hell Ya! Now if I can figure out what the arrows mean on the bottom rubber side means. If anyone knows give me a shout. Here is a picture of what I am talking about.
1497127651018-414916493.jpg

BTW, yes I have no shame in being a dumpster diver.
There are lots of gems in the trash. I get a lot of what I use to grow from the side of the road or dumpters. For example, the six inch insulated ducting I use in the tent, the white plastic like board I use to put pots on, and the tarp I used to mix the ingredients for the kit soil all came from the side of the road. Some black foam one inch thick I used to make light fixtures for various stages of my first grow when I used forty watt cfls in the tent and make shift enclosures before I bought the tent. I might have some pictures in my gallery. Anyways just sharing what's on my mind and share the idea that you don't have to buy everything one might need for projects. Triplebeam out! For now.

Great morning to ya Beamer! Great find with those carpet tiles! A few thoughts OK....You will still need to keep your pots OFF those tiles as they offer little to no insulation against the concrete. I know , i know ...it's something but please try and get the pots on some rigid 2inch insulation (if right on the concrete OK), or just raised off the floor a lil OK! The problem with concrete is...it acts like a 'heat sink' , drawing all the heat out of the soil...not good!
The arrows on the back could mean they have a definite 'grain' direction and need to be placed down accordingly OK. For your purpose ,..no worries , doesn't matter. Whenever you bring things like that into your grow area , please make sure they (anything) has been washed or sprayed off OK! try and keep the temps in your lil veg area under 85F....70 -80 is a great range to 'shoot' for.
Have a great day and good on ya for dumpster diving....:cheer::bravo::high-five:

Great morning to ya Beamer! Great find with those carpet tiles! A few thoughts OK....You will still need to keep your pots OFF those tiles as they offer little to no insulation against the concrete. I know , i know ...it's something but please try and get the pots on some rigid 2inch insulation (if right on the concrete OK), or just raised off the floor a lil OK! The problem with concrete is...it acts like a 'heat sink' , drawing all the heat out of the soil...not good!
The arrows on the back could mean they have a definite 'grain' direction and need to be placed down accordingly OK. For your purpose ,..no worries , doesn't matter. Whenever you bring things like that into your grow area , please make sure they (anything) has been washed or sprayed off OK! try and keep the temps in your lil veg area under 85F....70 -80 is a great range to 'shoot' for.
Have a great day and good on ya for dumpster diving....:cheer::bravo::high-five:
Thanks for taking the time to pass that along. I will lay down the two sheets of three quarter inch plywood I have and then put the tiles down. Hopefully the concrete floor is even enough. Don't want a teeter-totter. I always clean anything that goes in or around the grow area.

:theband: on with the show, I'm in :thumb:
Welcome dynamo1. Pull up a chair and stay awhile.

His plants will grow OK on that stuff, but would be better if the roots were kept a little warmer , is all. it's easy to put the pots up on something too, so , no worries Beamer!
Ween , how's she drying.....your recent harvest.....if you time it perfectly , and trim the buds off the sticks at just the right time...weigh her up and jar it right away n, you won't have to worry about burping this harvest every day OK. My last Double Berry was done just at the right time, but i had to take a day off work to make it all happen , so i payed for ...."that right time" cheers. gotta book it...she's here!

His plants will grow OK on that stuff, but would be better if the roots were kept a little warmer , is all. it's easy to put the pots up on something too, so , no worries Beamer!
Ween , how's she drying.....your recent harvest.....if you time it perfectly , and trim the buds off the sticks at just the right time...weigh her up and jar it right away n, you won't have to worry about burping this harvest every day OK. My last Double Berry was done just at the right time, but i had to take a day off work to make it all happen , so i payed for ...."that right time" cheers. gotta book it...she's here!

I chopped this am and have only popped my head in to check temp and rh. Come on over to my journal if you would and explain how to time it right when you have a chance. I also need to know if 60 is the proper rh to dry at, it's currently at 50 but can up it if needed. I actually don't mind burping but if I can make the process easier, I'm all for it.

Welcome to my journal weenmeoff and hello everyone, it's update time without pictures since there is nothing to photograph. I peeked at the seeds and after three days absolutely nothing has happened. I put a few tablespoons of water in and put the cups back in the tank. None of the five has even cracked open so there might be hope. I don't think seed age is a factor. Temps around 80 degrees. Humidity is on the low side but shouldn't be a factor of seeds in soil as long there is plenty of moisture. I will let them continue in the cups for now. Tomorrow I will probably either soak some new seeds or use the paper method as a back up. I prefer to just plant in soil to avoid damaging the seedling. That's it for now. Triplebeam out.

Back
Top Bottom