First Indoor Soil Grow With 300W LED

Jnv123

Hello everyone,

This is my first grow ever. Well I'm not counting the 3 week old failures I have sitting in my hydro box.

These are my first couple weeks of trying to grow my own plants and I don't have a very green thumb. But I am bound and determined to make it work and I'm going to keep trying until I do.

I feel the only way I'll be able to figure out what I did right or wrong is to make a journal to go back on. So let's jump in to the facts and tent setup.

I'm using a 24x24x48" tent with a 300w LED Viparspectra. I have two 6" clip on fans and an online fan with carbon filter. I have the filter and unlike fan pulling out our hot air and sending it out the window.
We have extremely hot hid summers so I know temperature is going to be something I have to watch daily.

.....Seeds.....

Feminized Big Bud strain

Indica 40-60%

THC level @ 16%

Height 47"-59"

Flowering 63 days

So I have everything set up and have started germinating my 2 seeds already. One has popped up and the other isn't far behind. I started them in jiffy pellets and then transplanted them to 3 gallon pots. Using organic soiless soil with extra perlite for better drainage.

Also using Dyna-Gro nutrients and PH down.
My goal is to start nutrients lightly and slowly bring in more each week. Going to feed nutes with every watering.

420-magazine-mobile1608370467.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1768295296.jpg
420-magazine-mobile166095242.jpg

Since we are waiting on our other seed I will wait until she pops to start day 1.

Day 1: Ok since the seed number 2 had some issues and is now being replaced with another seed we will say today is Day 1 and I'll just make a note that Big Bud 2 (BB2) will be several days behind. Probably a week.

It's been 2 days since watering and she's looking really good. Wanted to wait a little bit so she doesn't get soaked right away.

Maybe tomorrow she will get something to drink/feed and we'll play it by ear.

I am going to be using this feed schedule which I got from another grower. He seemed to do so well with it I am going to try it myself. We will see how it plays out.
420-magazine-mobile808109423.jpg

Day 5: BB1 is looking good and her leaves are growing nicely. No feed today for either plants. Maybe tomorrow. We Will see how they look.

BB2 finally popped her head up today so it's officially day 1 for her.

Apparently I'm having issues taking pictures right now. Maybe it will work later today or tomorrow.

Day 6: Both of them got around 20oz of week one feed. BB2 seems to be getting a slow start at life. (She's 4 days behind) I expected better from her.
Humidity: High 62% Low 39%
Temperature: High 86 Low 79 degrees
Here are the picture updates from this morning.

BB1
420-magazine-mobile878202351.jpg

BB2
420-magazine-mobile1526527330.jpg

When in large pots like these a seedling will appear to grow more slowly. Because they are working more on roots than shoots. Be rest assured that they are putting out roots and at some point that will translate to an explosion of growth.

Thanks you for reassuring. I tried with hydro 5 weeks ago and failed completely. Do I'm worried about any little thing.

When in large pots like these a seedling will appear to grow more slowly. Because they are working more on roots than shoots. Be rest assured that they are putting out roots and at some point that will translate to an explosion of growth.

Right this second the only thing I'm worried about is that I'm not watering enough. And I'm trying not to overwater.

Hello everyone,

This is my first grow ever. Well I'm not counting the 3 week old failures I have sitting in my hydro box.

These are my first couple weeks of trying to grow my own plants and I don't have a very green thumb. But I am bound and determined to make it work and I'm going to keep trying until I do.

I feel the only way I'll be able to figure out what I did right or wrong is to make a journal to go back on. So let's jump in to the facts and tent setup.

I'm using a 24x24x48" tent with a 300w LED Viparspectra. I have two 6" clip on fans and an online fan with carbon filter. I have the filter and unlike fan pulling out our hot air and sending it out the window.
We have extremely hot hid summers so I know temperature is going to be something I have to watch daily.

.....Seeds.....

Feminized Big Bud strain

Indica 40-60%

THC level @ 16%

Height 47"-59"

Flowering 63 days

So I have everything set up and have started germinating my 2 seeds already. One has popped up and the other isn't far behind. I started them in jiffy pellets and then transplanted them to 3 gallon pots. Using organic soiless soil with extra perlite for better drainage.

Also using Dyna-Gro nutrients and PH down.
My goal is to start nutrients lightly and slowly bring in more each week. Going to feed nutes with every watering.

420-magazine-mobile1608370467.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1768295296.jpg
420-magazine-mobile166095242.jpg

Since we are waiting on our other seed I will wait until she pops to start day 1.
Nice little setup.

Day 9: Its been a couple days, not much was happening. But they are looking great. Today they both got the rest of week 1 feed.

BB1 received a little over 30oz of week one feed. Her leaves look good and we haven't seemed to have an problems yet.

420-magazine-mobile1977500502.jpg

BB2 received 24oz of week 1 feed. She's growing slowly. But slow and steady wins the race.

420-magazine-mobile1569014462.jpg

Next watering will be week 2 feed regimen. And the ph soil tester said it was a little high, I think I'm just going to lower the ph of the water more.

Looking good so far! I'm gonna sub in and watch your grow! It's going to start getting exciting the next couple weeks as your girls start to really show character!! Cheers!

Thanks. Good to have you. Hopefully we'll stay headed in the right direction. Feel free to let me know if something looks wrong. It's my first grow so it might take me longer to see the problems.

Day 10: The ladies are doing great.
Humidity: high-64% low-41%
Temp: high-86 low-81

A little warm in there today. I've been debating weather to get a really small window unit to cool the room down some. Because the room gets around 80 during the day without the tent. It's the hottest in the house. I'm going to look into it.
They are both plenty wet, BB2 seems to be a bit dryer then BB1. She did get like 6-10oz less water last feed. Happy to say we still have no issues!!

BB1 is starting to finger out on her leaves. She looks more interesting everyday.
420-magazine-mobile1611802080.jpg

BB2 is working on her second set of leaves now.

(Having difficulties uploading BB2)

Day 12: Today they both got close to 1/2 gallon of week 2 feed. They're looking a little droopy. But I'm hoping they'll perk back up after the watering and when the light turns on in 2 hours. They were a little dry.
I didn't have time to check them before work this morning. Probably could have used a water before I left. Below I have the feed schedule that I'm following.

420-magazine-mobile1544350987.jpg

BB1
420-magazine-mobile1574085747.jpg

BB2
420-magazine-mobile78095862.jpg

Back
Top Bottom