Attic Grow UK, White Widow Auto Fem

Sheff10

What strain is it? - White Widow Autoflower from Nirvana
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? - Hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? - Currently in Veg
If in Veg... For how long? - Planted yesterday

Indoor or outdoor? - Indoor
Soil or Hydro? - Soil (currently with perlite mix)

Size of light? Will be using 400W MH for Veg then 400W HPS for Flower.

Temp of Room/cab? - Attic grow, temperature fluctuates between 20 and 30 oC.
RH of Room/cab? - Less than 40% (lowest recorded was 20%)
PH of media or res? - Water supply from tap clocks in at a pH of 8.3. Too high?

How often are you watering? Every other day, seeds haven't broken surface.

Good morning (evening/afternoon) 420community! I've been following grow journals on here for well over a year now collating advice and tips. Everyone is very helpful which is the reason I decided to start a grow journal!

Okay so I began germinating using the soggy paper towel method. All 4 of my white widow autos (WWA's) germd and were planted yesterday morning around 7am (the sun, you know?). They spent the entire day in the sun and were watered once after planting in their respective soil/perlite mixes.

My immediate question to the 420community is; do you see my attic temperature becoming an issue when the girls enter the tent with the HPS / MH light on? I plan on running a small 6" fan on low/medium to create even air flow and hopefully reduce the temp a little in the tent. Where I live the average temperature for the next few months varies between 15 and 20 oC. Taken a few readings over the past month and the attic can reach temperatures of 30oC with a peak RH of 40%.

Any advice is, of course, very welcome. Thank you for being such a great community! I will update as often as I can.

What strain is it? - White Widow Autoflower from Nirvana
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? - Hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? - Currently in Veg
If in Veg... For how long? - Planted yesterday

Indoor or outdoor? - Indoor
Soil or Hydro? - Soil (currently with perlite mix)

Size of light? Will be using 400W MH for Veg then 400W HPS for Flower.

Temp of Room/cab? - Attic grow, temperature fluctuates between 20 and 30 oC.
RH of Room/cab? - Less than 40% (lowest recorded was 20%)
PH of media or res? - Water supply from tap clocks in at a pH of 8.3. Too high?

How often are you watering? Every other day, seeds haven't broken surface.

Good morning (evening/afternoon) 420community! I've been following grow journals on here for well over a year now collating advice and tips. Everyone is very helpful which is the reason I decided to start a grow journal!

Okay so I began germinating using the soggy paper towel method. All 4 of my white widow autos (WWA's) germd and were planted yesterday morning around 7am (the sun, you know?). They spent the entire day in the sun and were watered once after planting in their respective soil/perlite mixes.

My immediate question to the 420community is; do you see my attic temperature becoming an issue when the girls enter the tent with the HPS / MH light on? I plan on running a small 6" fan on low/medium to create even air flow and hopefully reduce the temp a little in the tent. Where I live the average temperature for the next few months varies between 15 and 20 oC. Taken a few readings over the past month and the attic can reach temperatures of 30oC with a peak RH of 40%.

Any advice is, of course, very welcome. Thank you for being such a great community! I will update as often as I can.

Morning pal I'm coming along for your journey to your ph out your taps too high it's what's considered hard water you can but nutes designed for that but you will need ph down for sure to get it between 5.5-6.5 you want humidity high in the 60-70s I think for seedling n veg share your journal places more people will come and help you,

30'c will work but it's not good my brothers grow is sitting at 30 but he's got all sorts of problems coming his way if you can get a ac for the attic too keep that temp at one level would be ideal I see a lot of people do it my tent sits at 25'c and as I say my brothers is 30 but he's having humidity trouble now there grown as well as nearly over heating the plants which will cause heat stress, if you don't have a as fo you room you'll definitely need a dehumidifier for later in flowering if your sitting at them temps

You got any pictures for is as well be able to see what's missing or could b moved in the room
Hey Robbo, thanks for the help! The height of the room is exactly 1.3m as is the tent. I was planning on adding a small fan inside the tent along with a bigger fan outside the tent to move air around the attic. Funds are low so an RC unit is out of budget unfortunately!

Do you guys recommend any specific pH down formulas?

Hey Robbo, thanks for the help! The height of the room is exactly 1.3m as is the tent. I was planning on adding a small fan inside the tent along with a bigger fan outside the tent to move air around the attic. Funds are low so an RC unit is out of budget unfortunately!

Do you guys recommend any specific pH down formulas?

If you type it in in google your get a few,

you should really look into getting in and out take you can control it am in uk and my tents 25c with lights on due to using in and out take you won't run into humidity Troubles even if you can just leave the door open while lights on for air to escape would help

Do you have any advice? What's the height of your plants now?
Well seedsman is the breeder of my white widows, my advice would be watch the nutes on these autos, less is more, im at the end of flowering and i still haven't went over half dose with nutes and they have done great. Another thing i would recommend is to lst and try to keep your canopy as even as you can, this helps with light penetration and will maximize your yield. I also topped my wws, if they get big enough and are healthy enough to top by day 13-17 then i would top also, the key to topping autos is to do it early to a healthy auto, but it is ultimately up to you, if you don't want to take chance of topping then you could just do lst and still get great results. Thats about it, the only advise i can give is to make sure you keep your ph good, if ph is not right it can cause all sorts of problems, im sure you will do just fine and if you have any problems im sure we can help get you through, here are my wws under mars 1200, i will be harvesting the first two in two or three more weeks hopefully, i also have another ww under hps that is looking good. I have a jounal in progress just search Tom Smith's First Indoor Grow With Autos 2017 or you can click on my name up top of this post, then click posts and it should be easy to find that way also. Best of luck.✌
3ef592410acb1a1abac244564654e373.jpg
ffd8d59799d557c83fab0608b32d692e.jpg
0466d60421589eef85027b1ab0ebe3be.jpg
cf2864523b17ae6bb0863323cd59eff2.jpg
e02e31908d50cd9948bbaa40778031fd.jpg
d029b3237679c94a75575e5b027b546a.jpg

Update: I was away this week so had a neighbour water my 4 "chilli" plants once over 4 days. The soil is still moist to the touch. Just realised I haven't got any chain or hanging hooks to hold my lights and extractor so that's tomorrow's job!

420-magazine-mobile1947450545.jpg
420-magazine-mobile663694327.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1265215985.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1174437445.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1917984079.jpg

Hi all,

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I was away for work last week (seedlings were still in the small blue pots imaged above) and were watered twice across 4 days. I moved the four seedlings along with a 4 week old Super Silver Haze plant ready to be flipped.

Unfortunately, I left the tent door and attic hatch closed during a particularly hot day (27oC outside, 38oC in attic when hatch and tent door closed) causing some serious heat stress to my plants. I think the tent exceeded 45oC for over 6 hours. Here's a picture:

1661201126439.png

As of yesterday (27th June), the SSH has some browning on 30% of the leaves whilst the remaining leaves are wilted and dry. I'd say there's maybe 2 or 3 proper green leaves left. Since the picture was taken I have replanted in coco pro plus perlite 50/50 mix and watered with Rhizotonic (20ml / 5L) (1:250 - full strength) and pH down. Final solution pH was ~ 6. They have been watered once with the MH 400W now running on 12/12 with the light on between 6pm and 6am to reduce heat.

The tent temperature as of 8am today was 20oC, outdoor temperature is 14oC.

Any suggestions guys? The 4 autos have suffered heat stress too, 3 of the 4 look wilted and dried whereas 1 is still the vibrant green you'd expect.

As always, your help is greatly appreciated! Be honest please, if you think I should cut my losses and start-over I'm considering it anyway.

Edit: I have a 125 extractor fan running constantly and a small fan for air circulation. When the outdoor temp is cool (below 20oC) the tent temp with the door closed is ~ 25oC.

Cheers!

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Pity Sheff 10 isn't still around, I'm In Sheff as well, and spent a lot of time in Sheff 10, that's where the Universities are. Both of them have campuses there, I've studied at both.

Back
Top Bottom