First Hydro Grow: 2x WW & 2x Crimea Blue, Custom LED

Spectroscopy

420 Member
Hey there :yummy: ,

while waiting for my two AF Super silver hazes to complete, I thought of dipping my toes into hydroponics.
So, the set-up:

Strains:
-Barneys Farm Crimea Blue 2x
-White Widow (Dutch-headshop.com)

Hydro:
-Bubbleponics with drip irrigation. 10L Volume
-Plagron Hydro nutrients.
-3D Printed pots
-Expanded clay aggregate for medium.

Lights:
-Same as in my other grow journal, 90W custom LED with some TL lamps. I ordered 6 100W chips, so I will be upgrading soon :D .

Tent:
-Secret Jardin 90x90x180
-Automatic fire extinguisher. When playing with custom built electronics, play it safe.

Journal start.
I germinated two of each seeds, and they came out in less than a day and a half! Damaged the root tip of one of the CB's, so it will have stunted growth.
I will treat the day I put the seedlings in the hydroponic system as Day 0. I've built my bubbleponic system from a 9W 600l/h water pump and a 4.5W air pump, I hope it will be enough. The water is pumped through a 3D printed four way splitter. Getting PLA to be water tight is a nightmare so I gave up, running the pump at slightly higher pressure. The water drips trough a perforated loop of very soft plastic hose. I added 0.7ml/L of hydro A and B. However my EC meter did not arrive today and my pH meter crapped out on me :( I'm using distilled water and I hope I got the right pH and EC. I'll measure a sample ASAP.

Pictures:

Day 0

Top view:

Inside the tent:

Close-up of the dripper:

I'd love to hear your feedback, tips, criticism, support :thanks:

Hey Spectro,

Nice setup. How is it going? Man i would hate to see you go all in on something!

This setup is far from dipping your toes!

Nice clean setup. got any updates?

Gauge

Hey Gauge, nice to see you back! Today was day 10. I changed feedwater yesterday and accidentally drobbed the lid... one of the WW stems bent really hard, but it seems to do okay so far!. I'm feeding them ~900µS/cm and pH 5.6 feedwater made from distilled H2O and Plagron Hydro A+B, topped off with PH minus (and sometimes soda if I undershoot).

Day 10

Top CW: Crimea blue, White Widow, Crimea Blue, WW.

The broken stemmed WW girl:

I really cannot wait for my new COB led chips, drivers and heatsinks, this set up needs more light!

EDIT: I gave up on the dripper loop, since the tiny holes in the hose that produced bubbles would clog with the nutrient salts after the drops fell off/evaporated. Now I just continously irrigate them.

I like the water setup looks neat and tidy is there just one hose going from pump to that and did u make or buy it love I have poked my hose in through net pot underneath is a t joiner down to my pump defs chilling here spectro haven't heard of Crimea blue may I ask breeder

I like the water setup looks neat and tidy is there just one hose going from pump to that and did u make or buy it love I have poked my hose in through net pot underneath is a t joiner down to my pump defs chilling here spectro haven't heard of Crimea blue may I ask breeder

Hey Stickyicky, I've built the whole set-up myself, based on the information available. Basically it's one of those curver storage boxes with two airstones and one water pump pumping through one hose into a 4-way splitter. The netpots I have 3d-printed based on this design: Aeroponic / Hydroponic net-pot 3" by Bobheida - Thingiverse. I really hated making the four holes for the net-pots, I'm still finding ABS plastic chips everywhere :p I'll post pictures when I get home.

The crimea blue is from Barney's Farm. Barneys Farm - Crimea Blue
Crimea Blue | Marijuana Strain Reviews
| AllBud

Wikileaf: Crimea Blue Marijuana Strain Information

I chose this strain, well, based on the name and appearance and some smoke reports.

Hahaha yea. I really hated doing that part I ended up using 3.75" net pot found a grinder disc that big (made it that big) haha then slowly steadily used the natural curve to get the circle worked better then drilling holes and cutting I did two set ups mine is the same two airstones one pump but went two pots instead of four and a 44 l tub made two reservoirs up

Lol I couldn't get any the size I wanted every shop in town lol should be all good how many plants you planning on growing

What if they start drinking over 1.5l a day that means you gotta top up each day or maybe have another res with more feed pump that in on 15 on 15 off I dunno just speaking what I'm thinking does not in any way mean I'm right many ways to skin a cat I believe the more knowledge take in the better ya soon work out what to and what not to do lol its how the pros learnt trial and error

420-magazine-mobile1832684078.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1239455795.jpg

My attempt first grow in new set up first SCRog left side is good right side looks pH def or lock out due to over water all good now though

Light power is 600 w using hps for flower my for veg wbu I have been looking into adding a led for some different colours see if can pull some nice colours

Good stuff lookin good haha get some polarised that way its natural colour not influenced by bright lights my plants look diff in bright light to green light

Dude!

Been gone a while and i come back to check your grow and WOW! Excellent.

Good call on the tap water. Thats what i would do.

If you can swing it, get a water test kit to see whats in your tap and total alkalinity.

Your gonna want to know before flower so you know wether or not you need to use bloom note or not!

keep it up!

Gauge

Dude!

Been gone a while and i come back to check your grow and WOW! Excellent.

Good call on the tap water. Thats what i would do.

If you can swing it, get a water test kit to see whats in your tap and total alkalinity.

Your gonna want to know before flower so you know wether or not you need to use bloom note or not!

keep it up!

Gauge
Just checked analysis of water, max allowable lead conc (10ug/l), nitrites and pesticides. Even discouraged for pregnant women xD Kind of shocked for west european country....

Back
Top Bottom