Lennis's Compost Double Glock Journal, 2017

Lennis

Hello, this is my first time so hopefully it goes well. I maybe should of chosen a quicker strain as waiting 3-4 months to harvest for a newbie isn't a great intro, but I was after a single strain plant and found 'Double Glock'.

So this is what I've done so far. On the 31st May I filled a 30L plant pot with 20L of "Carbon Gold Bio Char All Purpose Compost" and put a 7cm layer of "Carbon Gold Grochar Seed Compost" on top, then I stuck my little finger in the soil 3cm deep (maybe a bit too deep) and placed a seed pointy end up. I gave a light sprinkle of water inside the hole and closed it up with surrounding compost, then did a further sprinkle of water on the top surface. I was worried that I may have buried the seed alive being too deep but it punched through the soil on day 6 (phew!). I've stopped watering regular as while the surface seems bone dry the moisture underneath seems OK-ish with my moisture meter and it is a coir compost after all.

What are your thoughts on the early health of my young plant? I wont bother adding general nutes until the compost has been depleted of what's already there but will probably add nitrogen at some stage. I am a bit concerned sticking a meter spike into the compost so close to the plant as it's likely to cut through roots.

Photos from 18th June:

medium1.JPG

mediumcropped.jpg

Details:

- 100% Indica
- Been in veg stage for 2 weeks
- Grown outdoors in a pot of compost
- PH of media not yet known. I need to mix some of its compost with water before testing with my meter spike, as when I just stick the spike directly into the media I just get a reading of "2-3" which is probably wrong.
- No pests yet.
- Will only water when my meter stops saying the media is no longer moist and haven't watered for 2 weeks so far.

Photos from 22nd June: I've just noticed there's a small hole in the right leaf but maybe it means nothing.

Watered today using tap water.

16887.jpg

22538.jpg

32035.jpg

51261.jpg

I don't know exactly when this happened but the stem has given way. It could of happened a few days ago but I really don't know when. Maybe it's because of a very thin stem, or because of wind + thin stem, but take a look at the pics and see what you think of its health.

The soil moisture readings seem OK of between 4-8 depending on where I put the meter but the plant feels warm and dry to the touch (it has been sunny so maybe the leaf dryness is normal). If I try to straighten the plant it puts the leafs at an odd side angle so I've left it where it is.

DSC02695_edited_.jpg

DSC02696_edited_.jpg

Well, after some reflection I decided to try a recovery job. Instead of cutting her up and attempting a replant (could't bring myself to do it after 5 weeks of growth) I just lifted her up and moulded compost around her, covering the exposed white damage of the stem.

use_edit_.jpg
use6_edit_.jpg

use4more_edit_.jpg

use4_edit_.jpg

DSC02710_edit_.jpg

Fingers crossed over the coming days/weeks.

On the 12th July I just trimmed off the leaves that touch the floor, ones that can be seen in the earlier photos, but 2 days later it's drooping. I'm going to get some fertiliser now.

use_edit_1.jpg

use3_edit_.jpg

use2_edit_.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom