Mike's First 2x2 LED Grow - Dutch Treat & Black Cherry Soda

Mike10

Whats up guys this is not my first grow ever but will be my first grow that i get to finish fully all the way! And first time using LED.

What strain? I have 1 dutch treat (indica dominant)& 1 black cherry soda(sativa dominant).

They are in veg. Got them as clones on 5/14 and have no idea how old they were when i got them. They were small. Maybe a week and half. So there about 6 weeks.

They were outside but weather has not been that hreat in washington till now. But now they are indoors in 2x2X4 tent.

I am using G&B organics soil. Picked them up at hardware store. Added some perlite. Not sure how much maybe 20 percent.

I have them in 3 gallon pots and i am using a 450watt viparspectra.

Lights werr out but last i checked, temp was 75 and humidity was 77. Seems high to me. Please let me know where it should be at and if too high how do i bring it down.

I dont have a regular watering schedule or nutes schedule. Im very new to nutes. Im using fox farm nutes. Big bloom, grow big, and tiger bloom. I water whenever the soil seems dry. I never used ph meter its entire 6 weeks ive had it till today 6/22. Got a ph meter from amazon. My water was at 7.8 yea i know not good.
So today when i put my girls under the light i gave them a good watering with ph level at 6.3. Hopefully they will start growing better. I did give them nutes about 1 week ago. I gave them 2 table spoon big bloom and 1 teaspoon grow big. 3 weeks ago it was 1 tablespoon big bloom and half teaspoon of grow big. But never checked ph so it probably did not do what it was suppose to.

I will not add anymore nutrients because i want to go into flower, so i will wait till this weekend for the plants to get use to the light then switch to 12/12. Right now ots under 18/6.
When i do go into flower and use the tiger bloom, i would like to have a schedule and if anyone has used these with good results, please help me out. I read that every other watering. But want to make sure.

Sorry that i made it long but wanted to put all the info. If i missed some let me know. I will post pictures here in a bitm if you read everything, thank you and i hope to get as much help as possible. Thanks guys and Happy Growing!!

Mike

re: Mike's First 2x2 LED Grow - Dutch Treat & Black Cherry Soda

IMG_20170622_202250.jpg
IMG_20170622_211538.jpg

Here are some pics. I made my own scrog in there but I don't think it will last. Will probably take it off and re make it. Any ideas how to bring humidity down I'd appreciate it.

Mikes First 2x2 LED grow, Dutch Treat & Black Cherry Soda

Looking good Mike! I know at least in the Seattle area with all the rain they get a dehumidifier might be in order. My RH is pretty good but I've been looking at portable air conditioners that are also dehus. Amazon has some decent ones in the $250-$300 range. About the same price at Walmart.

Plain ole dehumidifiers can be had much cheaper but I figure since environment is #1 priority it's worth paying for two functions in event the need arises.

Being that your footprint is as small as it is, you might play with the light. The manufacturer of my LEDs recommend 18" minimum distance from canopy, but I find 15" to be the sweet spot and have had them as low as 12" with no heat problems. The distance they give I believe is more about coverage area since LEDs don't put much heat out. My digital laser temp gauge used at top of canopy helps me get the highest light intensity while keeping temp at canopy under 80. 80 degrees is where I've been at with oscillating fan blowing across top of canopy. They have thrived at that temp but I work hard to keep it there or under.

A lux meter plays a role in that as well. The closer the light, the less the light intensity around the perimeter. Once I saw how quickly the lumens drop as I move meter toward perimeter, I was glad I removed my net and didn't put it back as this allows me to regularity rotate plants to ensure even light to all colas. It works, because all colas in a given plant are near identical in size.

Hope that helps. But again, I'm a newbie so weight my opinions against that of others and find what works for you.

Anxious to see your grow progress!!

Hey everyone thanks for the replies. Was starting to think nobody was interested in my grow.
A dehumidifier might something i go look into. Domeone is at home that was able to get a picture for me. Tell me what you guys think. Humidity is still high and temp is lowm i need those two backwards.

Thanks again guys and hope you guys like the process.

As you can see humidity is 74 and temp is 64. I think cause its in my basement but hopefull when i turn the bloom in it will bump the temp up.
Could i add extra cfl to get the temp up.or just let it be?

Been checking my tent and humidity is at 66 and temp is at 70. Got a small dehumidifier and put it in there. Hopefull it helps. Its very humid out here in washington.

Subbed! Interested in doing something like this my self so can't wait to see how it turns out.

OK guys so today is the start of week 8 for these clones. In veg still but will be switching to 12/12 in next few days. I know they seem small for there age but the weather was not so great for there first few weeks outdoors. Now that the sun is is finally here my outdoor grow plants are taking off. Will probably make a journal for those or just post pics.

Back to the Indoor grow. I moved my tent from my basement to my room. It was way to humid down there and once I got my tent all set up. It immediately came down. Now its between 44 to 47. But my temperature came up from 70 to 86. I have a 4inch inline for exhaust and a small fan by the intake hole. What I'm going to do is get a 6inch inline fan for my exhaust and move the 4inch to the intake getting fresh air from window. I'll post pictures when I'm done setting it up.

I also watered today about quarter of a gallon each with pH at 6.4. Last watering was Thursday when I moved them in here with water at pH level 6.4.

How much water do you guys give your plants and how often. Would like to here other peoples schedule

IMG_20170625_130010.jpg

Here's a picture from this morning. Not sure if you can see the exhaust pipe on too and small intake on bottom . have a small hanging fan for the better air flow up top.

Back
Top Bottom