The Birth Of Grand Purple Dragon Starring Grandaddy Purple & Blue Dragon

GaBoy420

What Strain is it? Grand Purple Dragon F1 (Grandaddy Purple x Blue Dragon)
Soil or Hydro? Reused Organic Living Soil
Indoor or Outdoor? Outdoor (In a pot)
How often are you watering? As needed when it doesn't rain
Nutes? Aloe, Coconut water, Fush emulsion & Black Strap Molasses

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Here with a journal within a journal so to speak; but I'm doing something a little different and wanted it documented separately. Earlier in my "Outdoor 2017 Grow" I was growing a number of different strains, two of which were Grandaddy Purple and Blue Dragon. The GDP turned out female while the Blue Dragon, though a magnificent plant, turned out to be male. I couldn't let him go to waste, so I decided to use him to pollenate a few of my females and one of those females was my GDP! After about a month, the first seeds were ready and I harvested the rest after the GDP buds were harvested and cured. Time to get this grow on the road!

Blue Dragon Male
IMG_091650.JPG

GDP Female
IMG_092530.JPG

The Pollenation...
IMG_092034.JPG

THE FUTURE!!!
IMG_111540.JPG

I put 4 seeds into starter pots with my ROLS mix about a week and a half ago and all 4 popped! I didn't put them in the greenhouse because temps are so high...but then we had a straight week of rain smh so 2 of them died. This brings us to where we are TODAY! I have 2 GPD seedlings doing well!
IMG_128442.JPG
IMG_128541.JPG

Oddly enough, #1 popped about 4 days after what will now be #2 so its a good deal smaller. Going to pop 2 more into some soil tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed! Growing for greatness!

IMG_1298.PNG
IMG_1299.PNG

If you'd like, follow my other journal and see the full life of the parents of this new strain!
GaBoy's 2017 Outdoor Adventures

re: The Birth Of Grand Purple Dragon - Starring Grandaddy Purple & Blue Dragon

Sounds like a great strain. Looking forward to seeing how it ends up. I'm reversing a Jack the Ripper female and crossing it with a Headband for my first breeding project. I should start a journal for it but that takes commitment. I hate commitments lol

Good Evening Everyone

Here with an update. Unfortunately I lost GPD1 in the rain, so #2 will now be knows as GPD#1!!! That's ok with me for now because it was the healthiest and furthest along. Its growing very tall right now but that's pretty normal for Granddaddy Purple so I still believe this one will be female. Very fat, indica looking leaves right now as i was hoping for given the parents. I have put a few more seeds in soil and will update you all when they sprout. I have also filled a 20 gallon fabric pot with ROLS and have it sitting in place just waiting for a female Grand Purple Dragon. I have tilled the ground under the pot and will build soil around the bottom of the pot as well so the roots can continue to travel down once they reach the bottom. High Hopes for these!
IMG_131940.JPG
IMG_132047.JPG
IMG_132141.JPG
IMG_132234.JPG

Grow On!

What Strain is it? Grand Purple Dragon F1 (Grandaddy Purple x Blue Dragon)
Soil or Hydro? Reused Organic Living Soil
Indoor or Outdoor? Outdoor (In a pot)
How often are you watering? As needed when it doesn't rain
Nutes? Aloe, Coconut water, Fush emulsion & Black Strap Molasses

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Here with a journal within a journal so to speak; but I'm doing something a little different and wanted it documented separately. Earlier in my "Outdoor 2017 Grow" I was growing a number of different strains, two of which were Grandaddy Purple and Blue Dragon. The GDP turned out female while the Blue Dragon, though a magnificent plant, turned out to be male. I couldn't let him go to waste, so I decided to use him to pollenate a few of my females and one of those females was my GDP! After about a month, the first seeds were ready and I harvested the rest after the GDP buds were harvested and cured. Time to get this grow on the road!

Blue Dragon Male
IMG_091650.JPG

GDP Female
IMG_092530.JPG

The Pollenation...
IMG_092034.JPG

THE FUTURE!!!
IMG_111540.JPG

I put 4 seeds into starter pots with my ROLS mix about a week and a half ago and all 4 popped! I didn't put them in the greenhouse because temps are so high...but then we had a straight week of rain smh so 2 of them died. This brings us to where we are TODAY! I have 2 GPD seedlings doing well!
IMG_128442.JPG
IMG_128541.JPG

Oddly enough, #1 popped about 4 days after what will now be #2 so its a good deal smaller. Going to pop 2 more into some soil tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed! Growing for greatness!

IMG_1298.PNG
IMG_1299.PNG

If you'd like, follow my other journal and see the full life of the parents of this new strain!

Sweet Georgia peaches!!!! Blueberry, diesel....perfect. Blurple Dragon...grand dragon, ...ok I'll stop. Seriously though, love your journals...especially like to see how you handle the weather, pests & nutes organically. Plus we're practically neighbors. I think I got the greenhouse after you posted they're on sale. Hunker down you dogs!! You ever go to fl/ga game???

Sweet Georgia peaches!!!! Blueberry, diesel....perfect. Blurple Dragon...grand dragon, ...ok I'll stop. Seriously though, love your journals...especially like to see how you handle the weather, pests & nutes organically. Plus we're practically neighbors. I think I got the greenhouse after you posted they're on sale. Hunker down you dogs!! You ever go to fl/ga game???

Thank you for your kind words! Just trying to grow the best quality organic meds possible, and enough to actually last a while. In this case, enough to last until my spring harvest next year which was may of this year...so fingers crossed! I never actually go to the game but always watch on tv. GO DAWGS!

Good Evening Everyone,

Hope your all enjoying your 4th of July weekend (those of you in countries that celebrate the holiday). Considering I want my Grand Purple Dragon to be all it can be, I'm doing my best to stay more on top of things. For those of you who don't know me, I take a very relaxed approach with gardening because well...it relaxes me. With that being said, I'm doing my best to keep up with this plant and what it needs and when. I decided to transplant it this morning into a 1 gallon pot until it goes into the 20 gallon fabric pot (the stipules are crossing so I believe this one is female). Cup FULL of white fuzzy roots poking out all over the place so I believe this was the perfect time. I also tied it down to promote those side shoots to grow out more. Of course, dusted the root ball and watered with Great White.
IMG_133344.JPG
IMG_133442.JPG

Happy Holiday!

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom