First Try With Autos & LED's

Mike Oxbigg

Hi y'all.. been lurking around for a lil bit, and I got to say I've been getting alot of great info here.
I decided to start growing my own medicine since the local dispensary has let me down with their quality and the prices.. I'd be just as well off finding some shitbag selling on the streets.
I'm growing 2 white widows autos from Nirvana and a bubblegum fem I got from some seedbank about 5 yrs ago. Can't remember which one.
I'm using ff ocean forest with some extra perlite for drainage in 3 gal pots.
I don't have alot of space, so my tent is small 2×2×4. I am using a meizhi 450 reflector with switches for veg/bloom . I have a couple of different generic Chinese panels that I can add when flowering starts if I need to. But this light was recommended by a friend, and she says she has had great results with it. Time will tell I guess, but it's been good enough so far.
I didn't plan on growing the bubblegum really, but it germed and is about 5 days ahead of the autos. I'm running the light 20/4 now, and all 3 are doing great. I germed them all in a wet paper towel and the bubblegum sprouted 6/1. I started it in a red Solo cup and put it in a bigger pot a few days later. The widow autos poked their heads out of the soil on 6/6. I put them right in the 3 gal pots from the start as I've heard bad stuff about transplanting autos. I'd rather not take any chances if I can help it. I will add some pics shortly.

re: First Try With Autos & LED's

420-magazine-mobile177319185.jpg
420-magazine-mobile100572090.jpg

Hi y'all.. been lurking around for a lil bit, and I got to say I've been getting alot of great info here.
I decided to start growing my own medicine since the local dispensary has let me down with their quality and the prices.. I'd be just as well off finding some shitbag selling on the streets.
I'm growing 2 white widows autos from Nirvana and a bubblegum fem I got from some seedbank about 5 yrs ago. Can't remember which one.
I'm using ff ocean forest with some extra perlite for drainage in 3 gal pots.
I don't have alot of space, so my tent is small 2×2×4. I am using a meizhi 450 reflector with switches for veg/bloom . I have a couple of different generic Chinese panels that I can add when flowering starts if I need to. But this light was recommended by a friend, and she says she has had great results with it. Time will tell I guess, but it's been good enough so far.
I didn't plan on growing the bubblegum really, but it germed and is about 5 days ahead of the autos. I'm running the light 20/4 now, and all 3 are doing great. I germed them all in a wet paper towel and the bubblegum sprouted 6/1. I started it in a red Solo cup and put it in a bigger pot a few days later. The widow autos poked their heads out of the soil on 6/6. I put them right in the 3 gal pots from the start as I've heard bad stuff about transplanting autos. I'd rather not take any chances if I can help it. I will add some pics shortly.

Hey bud

First off no transplanting autos they don't like it. Plant 1/4 inch down once tap root is quarter to half inch long . Sounds like your going to run into heat temp issues with that light and space possibly if so look at. Keeping the room your tent is in around 68 if possible and fresh air moving if humidity is to high. Which in my opinion in veg should be bit higher then flowering allows more flexibility to lst then sluts lol. Not sure about soil as I only have grown in pro mix hp and learning coco. Try browsing docs high brix kit thread guys in there are pretty skillful in soil . Sorry I couldn't be anymore help oh. Easy on nutes for autos. 1/4 to half dose by flowering .

420-magazine-mobile868153376.jpg

The poor BG had a rough start
420-magazine-mobile1346009250.jpg
420-magazine-mobile601272066.jpg
420-magazine-mobile298179934.jpg

She has sorted herself out though..
420-magazine-mobile1764575791.jpg

Never mind seen your temps now are good. Humidity can be a little higher I like 60-70s in veg hen 30-50max flowering nice little set up bro

I'm not sure what I will do with the BG when she starts flowering. I want to keep my lights at 18/6 for the autos.. but I also know the BG will need 12/12.. so it's quite a dilemma right now. I had a friend say he would take her.. but his plants are all looking terrible from over-watering. And another friend says she can put it in her backyard and let it finish outside. I have some time to decide still, so no worries yet. Here she is today, outside in regular light.
420-magazine-mobile923085287.jpg

Here's all of them together
420-magazine-mobile1813636055.jpg

Never mind seen your temps now are good. Humidity can be a little higher I like 60-70s in veg hen 30-50max flowering nice little set up bro
Yes.. I've been having issues with temps and humidity. But the weather here has been crazy lately. 110°f with 6% humidity one day, and 95°f with 54% humidity the next. I have evaporative cooling on my house and it has been a nightmare keeping things regulated lately.. I put a refrigerated window a/c unit in the room next to my grow room and it has made alot of difference.

I'm not sure what I will do with the BG when she starts flowering. I want to keep my lights at 18/6 for the autos.. but I also know the BG will need 12/12.. so it's quite a dilemma right now. I had a friend say he would take her.. but his plants are all looking terrible from over-watering. And another friend says she can put it in her backyard and let it finish outside. I have some time to decide still, so no worries yet. Here she is today, outside in regular light.
420-magazine-mobile923085287.jpg

Here's all of them together
420-magazine-mobile1813636055.jpg

Buy a second tent ...

Yes.. I've been having issues with temps and humidity. But the weather here has been crazy lately. 110°f with 6% humidity one day, and 95°f with 54% humidity the next. I have evaporative cooling on my house and it has been a nightmare keeping things regulated lately.. I put a refrigerated window a/c unit in the room next to my grow room and it has made alot of difference.

Crap man sorry to hear. On the plus side. There are great minds on here so someone might think if something clever for ya try the ask us anything forum lol great group of guys and girls in there

Buy a second tent ...
I'd love to have one for veg and a bigger one for bloom.. I just don't have the space right now. My plan was to just do 2 autos at a time in this little tent and try to keep them on the short side with LST and start 2 new ones about 3 weeks before they finish... But this BG was just an experiment to see if a 5yr old seeds would still germ. And it did. Now Im stuck with it..

I'd love to have one for veg and a bigger one for bloom.. I just don't have the space right now. My plan was to just do 2 autos at a time in this little tent and try to keep them on the short side with LST and start 2 new ones about 3 weeks before they finish... But this BG was just an experiment to see if a 5yr old seeds would still germ. And it did. Now Im stuck with it..

Haha true that

Yeah auto s you can go 12/12 But they suggest 18/6 -20/4 entire grow

420-magazine-mobile1183630211.jpg

Well.. I got home and went to check on the butcher job I did when topping these ww autos 2 days ago... And it's a girl!! This is day 19 for these autos. The other ww isn't showing yet, but she's packing on some nice growth.
420-magazine-mobile1765933084.jpg
420-magazine-mobile515744056.jpg
tore the tip off this fan leaf.. . but I'm sure it will get worse abuse before it's all over

420-magazine-mobile1183630211.jpg

Well.. I got home and went to check on the butcher job I did when topping these ww autos 2 days ago... And it's a girl!! This is day 19 for these autos. The other ww isn't showing yet, but she's packing on some nice growth.
420-magazine-mobile1765933084.jpg
420-magazine-mobile515744056.jpg
tore the tip off this fan leaf.. . but I'm sure it will get worse abuse before it's all over

Meh no harm done. people fan the leafs all the time instead of defoiling .

I think she will be ok.. lol. I'm more worried about keeping my temps down at this point. It got up to 82°f today inside my tent.. not bad compared to ~90°f like I was getting. I'm surprised I haven't cooked the girls yet..

I'm not growing autos but I had the same issue with temp fluctuations
I added a window AC unit beside my room and vented into the grow room
made a huge difference
Yours girls look good
Thanks tio.
This is my first grow in about 5yrs. I always ran mh/hps and regular photoperiod plants before.. this auto and led stuff is all new for me

So I opened up my tent last night and these girls are stinking already..lol
Installed the carbon filter and it takes up alot of room in the top of this tent.
420-magazine-mobile259834189.jpg

I was going to put it on the other end and blow out through it, but I will try to get by like this. I'm not sure if it makes much difference which way the air goes through, but I assume since there is a filter wrapped on the outside, the air is meant to suck into it and not blow out through it.
I also went ahead and turned on both switches for full spectrum on this light. I have it at 22" above the top of the plants, and will drop it down to 18" if I need to.
420-magazine-mobile625515020.jpg

I did notice a little rise in temp, but it stayed at 79°f all night. The pots felt really light so all got 1 liter of water at ph 6.5 going in. I haven't watered enough to get any real runoff to test. I figure if I watch what I put in, it will be ok for now.
They aren't asking for any nutes yet, so I have only given ph'd water to this point.
420-magazine-mobile1399978827.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1445313286.jpg

A couple shots of the week autos I topped. Not the best job, but they are growing..

Looking good Mike
When are you going to start nutes
Not sure yet with the nutes... I have a bottle of fox farms big bloom, and General Organics CaMg+ on standby. I may start the big bloom at 1/4 strength when I water again. But, they aren't showing any signs of deficiency yet. They are 20 days above ground today. This ff ocean forest is supposed to keep em going for around a month, and I've heard alot about not over-doing it with nutes early on with AF. I have some red stems, but I think that's mostly from my heat issues..

Not sure yet with the nutes... I have a bottle of fox farms big bloom, and General Organics CaMg+ on standby. I may start the big bloom at 1/4 strength when I water again. But, they aren't showing any signs of deficiency yet. They are 20 days above ground today. This ff ocean forest is supposed to keep em going for around a month, and I've heard alot about not over-doing it with nutes early on with AF. I have some red stems, but I think that's mostly from my heat issues..

Could be a phosphorus deficiency
Maybe check a thread on here there are lots of knowledgeable people willing to help out

Back
Top Bottom