Odder's First Grow, Blue Dream

Odderpops

Ohhh Marijuana its that time; this is my First attempt ever at growing you and I have no idea how this is going to turn out. I remember a time where I smoked Marijuana for fun, now I need you so I am going to grow you.

When I was younger (now 29) I did a lot of my own research on marijuana browsing the web at all hours of the night. I would read everything I could about marijuana and watch many videos. One video stands out in particular and it was Mr.Green's I Grow Chronic, or something similar, I do not recall the name exactly. I do recall absorbing all the information in the video and sharing as much of it as I could with all of my friends. I had some friends attempt growing after I shared it with them. I never gave it a shot. Mr.Green I am giving it shot out of necessity now, and I can not thank you enough for the knowledge you imparted on me all those years ago. The drive your video gave me to research was unmatched.

A lot of the choices I made for this grow really seem a lot like common sense for me. I wanted to go the easiest rout possible. I wanted a strain that was good for beginners, but would give a decent yield. Blue Dream seems to be the best choice here.
I am using:
Blue Dream seed from seedsman
Bubble Monster DWC Bucket
300W LED Lamp
6in Ipower Carbon Filter and Duct Fan
Rocket Nutrients (will be switching to Gen hydroponics Flora nutrients when these run out)
Voodoo Juice
All Inside of a 32x32x63 Ipower Grow Tent

20170626_152631.jpg

The plant has been on Nutrients for about 4 weeks now. I started using nutrients at about 8 or 9 days in from grem.

During week two I had some Nutrient burn. I made the classic mistake of to much to early....oops.
I continued to have a few issues with ph yellowing until recently. I had been changing the water weekly and making the ph perfect with each new bucket of nutrient water then I realized the ph of the water is changing as time goes on. Starting last week, I am now checking the ph of the water every single day to keep it under control... another newbie mistake. I didn't realize I had to check the water's ph frequently and not just during my weekly water change out. I think I have everything under control now.
20170626_152656.jpg

20170626_152701.jpg

On to another newbie mistake, knowing that she has the possibility to get extremely tall I attempted an early fim and I actually fucking missed haha. I have two leaves with big chunks out of the tips. At the start of this week I attempted another fim and It would seem I've done it correctly this time. So YAY for learning from the first time!

20170626_152641.jpg

20170626_152720.jpg

20170626_152708.jpg

I will post some pics with the lights off later this evening when I am finished with work. I wrote this up on my lunch break xD

I'm on my first grow also so it's all really new to me. And I'm doing hydro and soil right now. But one thing I learned was to get a Tds meter and check the ppm of your water every 2-3 days and when you add nutes. Good luck!

Thank you JNV123, yeah I had considered getting a Tds Meter but I only have the one plant and I change the water every 7 days with fresh distilled and nutrients added. They are fairly in-expensive so i may just go ahead and get one for future grows. I would like to get a rdwc system going with 6-8 plants but taking it slow to start with =D

Hey odder I'm subbed up. Nice to see the blue dream is back on track. How's the temps in your bucket?

I actually have not checked it, but its warm to the touch. I guess I need to monitor that to prevent root rot. I've been using voodoo juice a lot so I think that is preventing it from happening but i know that those temps in that bucket have to be a touch out of control atm.

I do have a question for anyone willing to answer. How far away from starting my 12/12 Light cycle do you think I am? With my tent being 32*32*63 I really do need to go off of how tall the plant is.
I was reading blue dream has a fair bit of stretch in flower. Being sativa dom it may flower for a while too so you'd be looking to train heaps or flip early imo. I'd consider a scrog to make the most from the one plant even

Sub'd....gonna watch you do your thing brother. I am going to grow some photo Blue Dream on my next run. Lets see if I can learn anything watching you on this!

I do have a question for anyone willing to answer. How far away from starting my 12/12 Light cycle do you think I am? With my tent being 32*32*63 I really do need to go off of how tall the plant is.

Great start Odderpops. I agree with Tunkers. If your only growing one plant you may as well fill the tent up with a bush. A screen will allow you to grow the canopy sideways underneath it creating many bud sites across the screen.

I'm curious about your filter and fan. Is it just not set up yet? It's not venting air out?

Keep up the good work. I'll check back and watch the magic if you don't mind.

GG :goodjob:

Great start Odderpops. I agree with Tunkers. If your only growing one plant you may as well fill the tent up with a bush. A screen will allow you to grow the canopy sideways underneath it creating many bud sites across the screen.

I'm curious about your filter and fan. Is it just not set up yet? It's not venting air out?

Keep up the good work. I'll check back and watch the magic if you don't mind.

GG :goodjob:

She's plugged in and sucking air, just way to heave to hang from my tent. It is an enormous filter should have gotten the 4in one. I need to get some duct long enough to reach my big vent in the top.

Odder, that is really a question for you to decide. I mean that based off you are the one that will be training (or not training her). You can keep most strains relatively short with tie down LST training starting early on. If you choose to go that route, then you can veg her a while longer and produce more tops and increase your yield. If you don't intend to train her to stay short, well then yes you should consider flipping much sooner. Don't forget, supercropping is your friend as well. It might be tough to do on your first grow, but its another key tool in your tool box for keeping her even and shorter.

Odder, that is really a question for you to decide. I mean that based off you are the one that will be training (or not training her). You can keep most strains relatively short with tie down LST training starting early on. If you choose to go that route, then you can veg her a while longer and produce more tops and increase your yield. If you don't intend to train her to stay short, well then yes you should consider flipping much sooner. Don't forget, supercropping is your friend as well. It might be tough to do on your first grow, but its another key tool in your tool box for keeping her even and shorter.

Thanks man. I don't know ton about supercropping but I will do my research and try that out as well. The plan is to lolipop her right b4 I flip the lights. I don't know a ton about training or scrogging and had intended on staying away from those types of things. My main focus here is going to be quality, with a side focus on quantity. Also Just swapped out the dwc water today going to up load some more photos when the lights cut of later tonight!

Thanks man. I don't know ton about supercropping but I will do my research and try that out as well. The plan is to lolipop her right b4 I flip the lights. I don't know a ton about training or scrogging and had intended on staying away from those types of things. My main focus here is going to be quality, with a side focus on quantity. Also Just swapped out the dwc water today going to up load some more photos when the lights cut of later tonight!

One thing I can recommend....don't be intimidated by training. These girls are hell of resilient and can handle a whole lot. Topping and Fimming multiple times will greatly increase your yield and won't impact quality at all. LST is a rather simple way to increase your yield as well. The super cropping is used more to keep your canopy even in height, won't directly really increase your yield. Training is a must if you have any sort of height restriction and a strain that likes to grow up.

Hello everyone! Just a quick update. I haven't been able to snap any pictures lately but the fim is looking great! I did have a question for anyone is it to late to start some clones and put them outdoors just for a little experiment? I'd really like to just grow in the ground =D so that'd be two grows for me!

Back
Top Bottom