First Grow, DWC, 4x4 Tent, 1000W Light

Mr Sampson

Hello all! This is a continuation of a grow journal I started but had to delete my profile due to privacy concerns. With that being said this is my first time ever growing and I'm being taught by my neighbor "The Frizz". I started from seed back in the third week of March and currently in my 2nd week of flower. I am growing a Wonder Woman [back right], a (Blue Dream X Blue Dream) [back left], a (Blue Dream X White Widow)[front right], and a Northern Lights [front left]. I performed heavy defol early and often and topped each plant until I had 16 colas per plant. For nutes im making a concoction of a general plant nute, potassium phosphate, vatamin C, bloom booster, and humic and fulvic acid. All in powdered form. Then I have been drowing my roots in a super concentrated "healthy bacteria liquid". My ppms are usually around 400-600. I havent been paying much attention to ppms just mostly making sure my ph's stay around 5.8. Our initial goal for the grow was 3lbs dry from the tent.

Equipment overview:

4x4x8 grow tent
Phresh carbon filter (400 CFM)
Hurricane inline fan ( 435 CFM)
1000w MH/HPS light and ballast
4x5 gallon bucket DWC system

I will get some photos up asap Ciao!

Here are some progression photos from start to yesterday.

420-magazine-mobile84948096.jpg

420-magazine-mobile883979792.jpg

420-magazine-mobile771825051.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1432005227.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2128097863.jpg

420-magazine-mobile114681780.jpg

420-magazine-mobile149457072.jpg
420-magazine-mobile133465146.jpg

Cheers!

Your grow looks good, so healthy looking. Already the sativas are growing much taller than the indicas, supercropping would be a good idea to be able to keep good lighting on the shorter plants. One of the other issue you'll encounter doing 4 different strains in the same grow is flushing at harvest as they will likely all require a different flower period.

I've been down that road and swear never to do different stains in the same system again. It will produce bud, but its a pain in the ass.

Good luck with your grow. I'm subbed up for it.:thumb:

Your grow looks good, so healthy looking. Already the sativas are growing much taller than the indicas, supercropping would be a good idea to be able to keep good lighting on the shorter plants. One of the other issue you'll encounter doing 4 different strains in the same grow is flushing at harvest as they will likely all require a different flower period.

I've been down that road and swear never to do different stains in the same system again. It will produce bud, but its a pain in the ass.

Good luck with your grow. I'm subbed up for it.:thumb:
Hey thanks for tuning in scrogdawg! Bear with me as im very new to this. So my buckets are all independent from each other as I am not using a central reservoir. Should I still expect the same problems when it comes time to flush?

Let me know when you start I'll definitely follow along, and I'm just too lazy to put up a net lol. I'm hoping my training has spaced my colas enough in the tent.

If you want to see something impressive and out of the ordinary check out Vex's grow he has going now. The link is in his signature.

Hey guys happy hump day! So after flushing each plant about 3 weeks ago I kind of neglected to moniter my ppms for the following 2 weeks. With the exception of wonder woman which was about 400ppms the rest were around 100 ppms. Blue heyena in the back left started turning super yellow and had some leaves turning brown and dying but I've got each plant back to about 700-1000 ppms and can already see the plants loving it. I also accidentally flipped my timer off and the plants got 6 hours of extra light yesterday.... Oooooops. We lollipopped the plants after my last update and I also moved black hyena to the front left position to hopefully slow her stretching as I believe there's a bit less light in that position but the neighbor has a brix meter so we can find out for sure. After next week we will do a heavy defol probably. Here's some pics! I turned the hps light off for the pics so everything is not washed out.

P.s we also experimented with a suppliment of liquid seaweed and a liquid plant multivitamin that is made up of over 100 different plants. Supposedly you can reduce your nutes percentage up to 90%?! We will find out lol just gave each plant about 1 fluid ounce of each today.

420-magazine-mobile1221831713.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1102963016.jpg

Heres one of wonder woman's 16 colas already looking mouth watering.

420-magazine-mobile1034859510.jpg

Good evening everyone,

So the neighbor brought her lux meter over which measures the lumens per sq meter. The way the ballast distributes the light I'm getting two bands of high intensity light about a foot to the front and a foot to the back of the tent. Thinking I'm gonna rotate the plants every week or so.

Here on the outside of the plants I'm getting about 300lux.
420-magazine-mobile239105896.jpg

And about a foot in I'm getting around 800-900 lux's
420-magazine-mobile1326397227.jpg

We're thinking the sweet spot is around 600-700 which is exactly what wonder woman is receiving in the back right. The top of blue heyenas colas in the front left are receiving over 900 so I will probably be shuffling her around a bit so she doesn't burn. Anywho ciao!

Back
Top Bottom