The '17 Project

ManInDirt

This is my California medical sungrown project.

I am running Darkheart Nursery gear in 100g smartpots, aside from two that are in 30g growbags. My soil is Roots 707. I am using the Earth Juice SeaBlast line of nutrients and will be top dressing with Rainbow mix in a few days. I am using a preventative regimen of SNS 209 to prevent mites, I have neem standing by for an issues. I planted some Chive seeds a week ago but they did not spout, not sure whats up with that.

Strains:
Pre-98 bubba
DCP_2382.JPG

Strawberry Banana
DCP_2386.JPG

Sour Diesel
DCP_2381.JPG

Chocolate Hashberry
DCP_2383.JPG

Tahoe OG
DCP_2387.JPG

Lots of baby Praying Mantis this year.
DCP_2373.JPG

Thanks for checking it out, and yea I'm working on getting them caged.

It's crazy the difference 5 days has made. I'll take some pics and post later. Odd thing is my OG's and my Hashberrys have started throwing ONLY 3 bladed leaves. They are nice and healthy big leaves, but just all "3's" like if you look at the back of your hand and tuck your pinky and thumb in and spread you three other fingers out. I also did some heavy pruning today, taking out many small center branches and branches that were touching or near to touching soil. Also watered through and then fed GJ grow at 2 tsp per gallon, 2 gallons per plant. Less leafhoppers now, only finding 3-4 a day and squashing them.

I'm interested on how the DHN Strawberry Banana grows, I tried to get some at Harborside on a numerous times (currently growing DHN GG4 and Chemdawg and Purple City Genetics Blue Dream

I'm interested on how the DHN Strawberry Banana grows, I tried to get some at Harborside on a numerous times (currently growing DHN GG4 and Chemdawg and Purple City Genetics Blue Dream

Purple City Genetics in Oakland CA is great! Cool to see someone else who knows about them.

I'm currently growing PCG's Blue Dream as well. Along with PCG's Double Dream, Pineapple Tonic and Budder OG (in my grow journal if you want to check them out). Excellent genetics coming from those folks. Would recommend their clones to anyone who can get their hands on 'em.
Here's my PCG Blue Dream:
IMG_117140.JPG

Chemdawg and GG#4 won't disappoint. I've heard nothing but good things about both of those. Thats assuming it's real chemdawg, there's a lot of fake chemdawg out there but that doesn't mean you won't end up with a killer plant/yield.

Well damn looks like someone knows what they're doing. Good job manindirt! Keep up the good work.

I'll definintly be subscribing and watching this one till the end.

I know any form of this question is frowned upon but just for fun, what kind of yield do you think you'll get off those?

And to 2nd what Mr.jojo said... nice strain variety indeed.
Been of a coincidence actually. I've got 20 strains picked out for next years grow. Both strawberry banana and Tahoe OG are on that list. I also picked up some pre98 bubba from the club last week. Plus we're both growing blue dream this season. How cool is that? (Then again its blue dream... everyone grows that shit haha)

That heavy inner wire mesh looks like a good idea. Is that 4 inch? I am trying to get by with stakes and string but I'm going to need a net too. I wasn't ready.

I haven't really paid much attention to the nursery, i usually just buy what's good at HHC the day I'm ready to start them :)
The plants seem to do what they want. I'll have to pay attention to strains and outdoor grows around here. Thanks, thizzlekush!
I'll have to look more into DHN/PCG. It would be great if they tested outdoors and published results.

Well damn looks like someone knows what they're doing. Good job manindirt! Keep up the good work.

I'll definintly be subscribing and watching this one till the end.

I know any form of this question is frowned upon but just for fun, what kind of yield do you think you'll get off those?

And to 2nd what Mr.jojo said... nice strain variety indeed.
Been of a coincidence actually. I've got 20 strains picked out for next years grow. Both strawberry banana and Tahoe OG are on that list. I also picked up some pre98 bubba from the club last week. Plus we're both growing blue dream this season. How cool is that? (Then again its blue dream... everyone grows that shit haha)

I'm a long ways to harvest, a lot can go wrong until then. I'm hoping to get a lb a plant. A few of my friends that grow seem to think I'll surpass that. I have plants in different stages, there are 3 small ones, those prob wont do much.

That heavy inner wire mesh looks like a good idea. Is that 4 inch? I am trying to get by with stakes and string but I'm going to need a net too. I wasn't ready.

I haven't really paid much attention to the nursery, i usually just buy what's good at HHC the day I'm ready to start them :)
The plants seem to do what they want. I'll have to pay attention to strains and outdoor grows around here. Thanks, thizzlekush!
I'll have to look more into DHN/PCG. It would be great if they tested outdoors and published results.

It was something I had laying around the ranch. I was just to test how it would do. I saw some foundation forming wire at Lowes the the other day after I bought a bunch of gorilla trellis netting, it would be far easier to work with that what I have pictured. It too all my might to bend that panel to a somewhat round shape.

The clones come from DHN but I did get them at the dispensary.

I was just reading back and saw you top dressed with rainbow growth mix. I looked it up, its extended release 5-5-2 for feeding every 3-4 months. Within weeks you will switch to bloom formula and all that will still be there, especially the nitrogen that you don't want a lot of. Every cup of that is like a teaspoon a week of fertilizer for the next 16 weeks.
It's not too bad, and those plants won't mind that level, but you asked so I wanted to explain that in case you weren't aware. I use water soluable fertilizers so I can see results and adjust. That's just me, though.

I was just reading back and saw you top dressed with rainbow growth mix. I looked it up, its extended release 5-5-2 for feeding every 3-4 months. Within weeks you will switch to bloom formula and all that will still be there, especially the nitrogen that you don't want a lot of. Every cup of that is like a teaspoon a week of fertilizer for the next 16 weeks.
It's not too bad, and those plants won't mind that level, but you asked so I wanted to explain that in case you weren't aware. I use water soluable fertilizers so I can see results and adjust. That's just me, though.

Well I know some growers that use it on some large grows up north and although the application rates say every 12 weeks, they use it far more often then that and their product is top notch. My plants are in 100 gallon pots, and the soil I used was very high quality, I think it will be buffered just fine. I am getting at least 4" a day growth on the bigger plants, I very much doubt there will be high amounts of nitrogen left come harvest.

I think you're looking at the wrong product.

Here is what I am using:

N8.00% – P6.00% – K4.00%

Rainbow Mix PRO™ Grow pushes the boundaries of what is possible in a powder/granular plant nutrient.

A powerful blend of all Natural Ingredients & 29 different strains of Mycorrhizae & Beneficial Microbes designed for today’s demanding “High Performance Gardening”. Use as a Pre-Mix, Top/Side Broadcast Fertilizer, Soil Booster & Plant Tea. General use rates: 1-4 Tbsp per gallon or 1/4- 1 cup per Cubic Foot of Soil. General frequencies of use: Every 12 weeks throughout the growing season. Also contains the following NON-PLANT FOOD INGREDIENTS: Mycorrhizal Fungi: Pisolithus tinctorius, Scleroderma citrinum, Scleroderma cepa, Rhizopogon luteolus, Rhizopogon fulvigleba, Rhizopogon villosulus, Rhizopogon amylopogon, Glomus intradices, Glomus etunicatum, Glomus aggregatum, Glomus mosseae, Glomus clarum, Glomus monosporum, Paraglomus brasilianum, Glasgaspora margarita. Beneficial Microbes: Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus megaterium, Azotobacter vinelandii, Rhizobium japonicum, Bacillus coagulans,Azotobacter chroococcum, Azospirillum lipoferum, Pseudomonas fluorescens, Bacillus laterosprorus, Azospirillum brasilense, Bacillus pumilis, Bacillus licheniforms, Lactobacillus acidophilus. Humic Acid from langbenite.

As long as you've read the product, I just wanted to mention it. I agree those extended release formulation leach out way before they claim. You're using 100g pots, that should give them legroom. How many do you have, did you get a half a yard of planting soil and amend it, or something like that?
Oh and I like that stuff with all the microbes and all. I usually use recharge.

Back
Top Bottom