Skywalker Kush & Company - Soil - LED

BraicaBrick

:420:What's up 420 Family! :welcome:
Re-Vamped and Ready. We're coming up on flower and I wanted to make sure Everybody could watch my back moving forward. Growing together across land and sea- I love it. First round with these strains, We'll see how good I'm not.

First thing's last..
These are my girls in Veg right now (ranging from week 4- 7) But we'll come back to this.
0705171714.jpg

WHAT/WHERE/WATTS

SKYWALKER KUSH(4) - SUPER LEMON HAZE(2) - PINEAPPLE EXPRESS(2)
- 3'x3'x6' Mylar tent
- 4" 200+ cfm intake fan (Basic screen filters)
- 4" Carbon filter/exhaust fan 350 cfm- adjustable
- 6" clip on fans
-- 200 watt (210 true watt) 84 LED light
(365-750nm)
- 22" Above canopy
- Basic pH + TDS/EC pens
- Hygrometer TEMPS 50°-90°F + RH 40% - 75%
- Propagation Station Dome
w/ Heating pad
- 02 Pump 127 Gph + Bucket - for Teas
- 40x magnifying loupe w/LED+UV
SOIL/Nutrients
- Roots Organics Original + Formula 707
50/50 soil mix
- Roots Organics Player Pack
· Buddha Grow- Buddha Bloom- Trinity-
Ancient Amber- HP2- HPK- Extreme Serene
Add- On- SURGE :yahoo:
- Dry Nutrients
· Oregonism XL- Nitro Bat Guano
- Uprising Foundation- Uprising Grow
- Uprising Bloom- Elemental
STRAIN INFO
Reserva Privada - SKYWALKER KUSH 85/15 Indica dominant
Cali "Clone Only" Skywalker OG(SativaOG) X OG Kush #18
Body high- Relaxing- Sleepy

Greenhouse Seed Company - SUPER LEMON HAZE Mostly Sativa Hybrid
Lemon Skunk X Super Silver Haze
Energetic- Social- Uplifting

G13 Labs - PINEAPPLE EXPRESS 60/40
Indica Hybrid
Big Bud X Hawaiian Skunk
Happy- Relaxing- Hungry

GOALS
- Successful harvest through proper preparation and a well maintained grow environment
- Well-managed mistakes
- Beneficial and Timely upgrades

Stay tuned....
0705171833.jpg
:peacetwo:

re: Skywalker Kush & Company - Soil - LED

:420:
Thanks again for hanging around!
Here's my attempt at entertaining a Recap.
I started my first two Skywalker Kush seeds on 4-26. I put them right into soil grow plugs- H20 only through seed. I soaked the other Six seeds in Water for part of the night on 5-14. Then placed them all in the same soil grow plugs as the two previous.
First Mistake- We (New England) had a random 90+ degree day during the seedling stage. That day I decided to leave my most promising Super Lemon Haze seedling in the window to get some REAL sun. The shell was still barely hanging on and helped to completely cook that poor little thing. Germed a replacement SLH, about a week apart from the other. :rip:
0514171819.jpg

^Seed Soaking^
They all outgrew the grow plugs fairly fast, even with
the little stress from me getting things situated and periods of fluctuating temps slowing them down at first.
I transplanted the first 2 Skywalker Kush(s), 1 Super Lemon Haze, and 1 Pineapple Express into 3 gallon pots after a couple weeks in holy solo cups. The others were put in 1 gallon growbags the following week.
0611171115a.jpg

0611172304.jpg

Second Mistake- I didnt get Smartpots. Those roots could be breathing better!

-And then came the Topping and Training-
0612172052.jpg
0612172112.jpg
0613171713.jpg
0613171846.jpg
0613171848.jpg
0615171648.jpg
0616171741.jpg
0616171742.jpg
0619171713.jpg
0617171124.jpg

Ages in Veg Week 2 - Week 4
[RECAP TO BE CONTINUED]:allgood::420:
First Feedings and a pH fail Coming up next..

While I was gearing up for this grow I found myself asking the question, "Should I do all the same strain and zero on it or go the potpourri route and take on a few?"
I opted towards the assortment for multiply reasons. First, I ended up receiving twice as many seeds as I ordered, with all of the promos and freebies. Secondly I also realize the need of different plant terpene profiles for different symptoms and situations. The synergy in cannabinoids and our overall endo-cannabinoid system fascinates the Hell out of me! Lastly I really would like to see which strains I naturally find a connection with, Through the Grow process and Beyond.:volcano-smiley:
I found that out of these 3 strains, the Skywalker Kush has been the most sensitive to nutrient feedings as well as environment changes.
Skywalker Kush 1 & 2
0619171713a.jpg

0617171125.jpg

The Pineapple Express has been the seemingly slowest growing out of the mix, but no doubt of hearty genetics. Thriving best went the tent has been at its hottest around 90°F.
Pineapple Express 1 & 2- Veg Week 4
0705171712.jpg
0706171639.jpg

It's very obvious that if all goes well, the Super Lemon Haze will be living up to its name. After witnessing the beautiful and uniform growth throughout the veg cycle, I have all kinds of training ideas for this strain. When other plants seemed tired and overfed, the SLH was still perked up ready for anything. Awesome training response and They were the first ones to show sex as well.
Super Lemon Haze Veg- Week4
0705171824a.jpg

I made my first batch of tea a few weeks into Veg. I just used plain h20 in the beginning.
It has been kind of a Water- Water- Feed- Water-Water- Feed- Water- Feed- Water- Water rhythm.
I did make the mistake of not bringing my pH down to an appropriate level and got an unhappy, droopy response from the girls. The pH came out to 7.1 at one point and I didn't take the extra time to pick up something that could bring in down closer to 6.0. It's a little effort that makes a world of difference when it comes down to the communication between the soil and your roots. I've since picked up some pure household items that have made perfecting my pH easily possible.
The Feedings
I started with half strength on the nutrients-
I do the dry nute top scratch usually a day or two before a liquid feeding and I do my foliar sprays for breakfast.
1st Top Scratch
- Oregonism XL
- Nitro Bat Guano
1st MixpH 7.1
- Buddha Grow
- Ancient Amber
- Trinity
2nd Top Scratch
- Oregonism XL
- Uprising Foundation
- Uprising Grow
2nd MixpH 6.3
- Buddha Grow
- Trinity
- Ancient Amber
- Extreme Serene
3rd Top Scratch
- Oregonism XL
- Uprising Foundation
- Uprising Grow
- Elemental
3rd MixpH 6.1
- Buddha Grow
- Trinity
- Surge
- Ancient Amber
- Extreme Serene
Foliar sprays
-Alternating weekly between Extreme Serene and Ancient Amber as suggested in the Roots schedule.

0619171712.jpg

0622171702a.jpg

:420::allgood:

Reserva Privada - SKYWALKER KUSH 85/15 Indica dominant
Cali "Clone Only" Skywalker OG(SativaOG) X OG Kush #18
Body high- Relaxing- Sleepy

A relaxing, sleepy body-high from an 85% sativa? Pull the other one, it's got bells on it, lol.

Does the breeder state that this "85% sativa" finishes in eight or nine weeks, too? :rolleyes3

A relaxing, sleepy body-high from an 85% sativa? Pull the other one, it's got bells on it, lol.

Does the breeder state that this "85% sativa" finishes in eight or nine weeks, too? :rolleyes3

85/15 "INDICA" dominant = 85% Indica. Obviously not detailing Sativa effects..Yes, it does does finish in 9 weeks- because it's an Indica. How about you ask questions if something seems oddly written.? I got a wolf in the hen house? I'd appreciate a decent explanation if your gonna put me out on Front Street. Reserve Privada is DNA Genetics. You do the math. Don't worry..I'll wait. :tokin:

85/15 "INDICA" dominant = 85% Indica.

Err... ... ... ...WHOOPS :hmmmm: .

Well, I always say, "If I screw up, don't be afraid to school me on it, because that allows me to learn."

Sometimes, the lesson is... humility.

I just returned to this thread because my last post in it might have been taken as being a bit harsh, due to the medium involved, and I was chuckling when I typed/posted it (as opposed to frowning/glaring, I guess).

You have my sincere apologies for using your thread to help place my foot in my mouth. Or was that both feet ;) ? I have GOT to replace my broken eyeglasses soon.

I don't know how I looked at i-n-d-i-c-a and read s-a-t-i-v-a.

BtW, I haven't tried any of the strains since the merger/acquisition/???, but I had some (DNA Genetics) Chocolope a few years ago, and it made me feel a little goofy, with a smile. Kind of like I feel right now, without the red cheeks (of embarrassment). Again, my apologies, BraicaBrick. I'll have to put that strain on my list of recommended INDICAS, and under reasons for recommending, I'll just draw a smile.

I got a wolf in the hen house?

Nah, just a drunken (not really) monkey staggering around outside named ~TS~ .

Right on, Thanks for coming back to square it up.
You had me steamin' this morning, questioning your title. I see Now you stand by it and I truly respect that. :peacetwo:
Maybe stick around and see what mysteries blossom in my garden. Perhaps gaining a little respect myself. I'm a new member but no stranger to the site. A lot of Growers are coming out of the woodwork as the laws shift in favor of our favorite plant. We're all riding this crazy shit together!
By the way, I think you owe me some good advice in the future. Hopefully see you around!
:420: :rollit:

Maybe stick around

I am subscribed to your thread. I sometimes let them pile up, so to speak, so I might not be popping in every day, but I'll try to check in now and then, at least.

By the way, I think you owe me some good advice in the future.

Lol. I try for good. Occasionally, I only manage lengthy ;) .

Here is the Line-up around 6-21
0624170814.jpg
0624170820.jpg
0624170814a.jpg
0624170816.jpg
0624170820a.jpg
0624170821.jpg
0624170813.jpg

- I did do some pruning after these pictures were taken.
0624171130.jpg

Basically just keeping them low. I believe in the power of pruning, but I'm keeping it pretty mild here. The only times I do serious defoliation is in the beginning and middle of flower. Its pretty amazing how resilient and adaptable some plants are. If anyone knows a decent resource pertaining to, "The plant thought process and/or survival instinct," let me know. Beyond the fact that this plant has adapted across climates, I think the change in terpenes depending on surrounding predators is a really awesome topic and I don't know who to talk to about it. :hmmmm:

If anyone knows a decent resource pertaining to, "The plant thought process and/or survival instinct," let me know. Beyond the fact that this plant has adapted across climates, I think the change in terpenes depending on surrounding predators is a really awesome topic and I don't know who to talk to about it. :hmmmm:

I recently read somewhere (I cannot remember where) that someone who is considered to be both intelligent and educated was postulating that plants have a form of intelligence. I have trouble even attempting to fathom that one, seeing as how they do not even posses a brain stem, which is the part that controls the most basic survival needs (heartbeat, respiration, etc.).

Then again, they've observed dolphins using tools, and teaching their young (and other dolphins' young) how to use them. Certain primates (other primates ;) ) have been observed making tools, rather than just using what was available. And crows, which - regardless of the relative minuteness of their brains - I have always considered to be crafty little <BLEEPS>, have taught themselves that the easiest way to get the meat out of a nut is to fly onto a busy road, drop it where it'll get run over, then swoop down and grab the meat from the resulting debris.

Neanderthals had a brain that was larger than ours, and they faded. So it may not be as clearcut after all, that both brain size and brain size to body mass ratio are supposed to be determining factors in a species' development. I remember reading that some scientists spent a great deal of effort trying to teach a chimp (might have been a different sort of primate, it was years ago that I read about it) sign language, and they were having a bit of a hard time doing so... When the chimp's baby started using sign language, merely from having observed the people trying to teach it's mom. So... IDK, lol?

But plants, "boy, gee, I don't know," as they say.

BtW, if you want to discuss that or "the change in terpenes depending on surrounding predators" (that'd be a thread title that would probably guarantee you a few thread views all by itself), we do have a few off-topic and general-purpose cannabis sections. Feel free to start a thread. Someone will come by. I might even manage to stumble in sooner or later to rant a bit if/when I see the thread appear in the New Posts list (which I check - when I remember).

Here's what they look like from this past week. I'm going into Week 8 of Veg with the larger Skywalkers. Week 5 & 6 for the younger plants. Its been slow keeping them low, but I prefer the extra Veg time either way.
After I introduced the SURGE into my grow, my roots have hit a new level of happy. I regret not adding it in sooner.
0708171917.jpg
0708171918a.jpg
0708171918.jpg

^Skywalker Kush(s)^
0708171918c.jpg

^Pineapple Express^

0709171834b.jpg

All caught up I guess! Due for a feeding tomorrow, I'll get it bubbling today.

Got the Brew going yesterday, just fed the girls earlier(pH 6.1). I'm not using any of the dry nutrients this week, plenty of supplements in the soil I believe. I tied down the Last Kush Standing. Kinda reminds me of the Flux Capacitor with her shape.
0711171744.jpg

Skywalker Kush
0711171745.jpg

Skywalker Kush
0711171748b.jpg

Skywalker Kush
0711171747b.jpg

^Skywalker Kush^

0711171746.jpg

Pineapple Express
0711171747a.jpg

^Pineapple Express^

0711171750.jpg

Super Lemon Haze
0711171749.jpg

^Super Lemon Haze^

07111717001.jpg

Well, you're obviously good here...I'll just pull up a chair and learn something. Training looks fantastic, your gonna be glad you trained that SLH. She's gonna bay big dividends!

Subbed up, you sure got some plant training skills lol, nice work. Should be an interesting grow...lol get to watch another SLH.

Yea SLH has a cult-like following. It's like either you like it or you love it.

Back
Top Bottom