Tangie - 400W HPS & 300 MarsHydro LED - Soil - First SCROG

JayCseed

Photo of the Month - Jan 2018
First time making a journal so bare with me on this one:thumb:

Growing some Tangie from clone that my father in law picked up for me.
Growing in my own mix of soil. 3 parts Fox Farm Ocean Forest 1 part Dr. Earth Organic potting soil. With a healthy mix of earthwork castings, and Bat guano and a little extra perlite. I don't follow an exact mix for the last three, just kind of go by feel...

Growing under 400 Watts of HPS with cool tube (new light and first grow with it ) and a 300 watt Marshydro LED ( second grow with LEDs. I was supper happy with the last crop ( 5 oz from one plant). I am hoping that the mix of HID and LED will give a good dense bud.

My grow "room" is a 4'X2'X5' grow tent... It will do for now. I don't really like how my exhaust fan sucks in the sides and takes up some grow space. One day I'll build a proper room. Until then this will work just fine.

This will be my second grow after a ten year hiatus and I have to say that I missed growing so much. There is just something about putting in all this time and effort into your plants and then brutally killing and smoking them.lol. My wife doesn't get it, but she doesn't mind me growing and thats good enough for me:woohoo:
My last grow ( wish I made a journal ) was from seed I got from my last outdoor grow ten years ago! I had three and one made it and was a perfect lady! I was supper shocked that after all that time in a box packed away with all my old shit this little seed was still viable. Any way, back to the grow at hand. I am starting this journal at the first week of flower so I will have to catch up on some of the details with some pictures.

Please feel free to drop some input and knowledge or ask any questions. The best part about growing is there is always something new to learn from another grower.:high-five:

image1-23.JPG

Here are the clones. The two in the back are from the plant I just grew from seed (they now reside in my buddies back yard) the row of 3 in the middle are Tangie ( 2 now reside in my buddies back yard ) and the front two are Sour Diesel ( Both in my buddies back yard ).

image38121.JPG

Here is the one clone I kept for myself after about 3 weeks under florescent lights. I also just did a large defol and some training work for future SCROG.

image51044.JPG

A little more then a week after transplanting into 3 gal pot and putting her under 400 watts of MH for a little more veg before starting the scrog.

image41060.JPG

I went with this chicken wire because I was being a cheap ass in home depot and also couldn't find the heavier duty screen with the hole size I wanted. I wouldn't recommend chicken wire because it isn't as solid and can be moved up as your plants grow. Also, the hole size is kind of small making it difficult to pull the ends of your branches through. But hey I made it work.

image38120.JPG

I turned the lights off for 24 hours on the 4th of July, should be easy to remember....but just in case I wrote it down.lol This is a pic one week after turning the lights to 11/13, that's 11 on and 13 off, tangie is mostly sativa and I want to try and limit the stretch as much as possible. I am hoping this will help, If anyone has any impute here that would be great:Namaste:

image210078.JPG
image110097.JPG

These are from yesterday after a heavy defol to open her up. I am glad I did because there was a little powdery mildew on one of the bottom back leaves that I cut off and then treated with Neem Oil. I will def be keeping my eyes open for any signs of it spreading. I went out of town for 5 days and had to set up a automatic watering system. I'll post some pics of the system. Its basically gravity fed through a timer and can go off as often or as long as your water supply last. It will def do the trick while you can't tend the garden. The best part is seeing your plants after a few days and seeing how much they really grow ( its hard to tell some times when you are poking your head in every hour haha.

re: Tangie - 400W HPS & 300 MarsHydro LED - Soil - First SCROG

IMG_091442.JPG
IMG_091253.JPG
IMG_091253.JPG

These are from tonight. I watered today with tap water that I let sit to declorinate with a air stone for a day or two. I like the convenience of my gravity fed watering system so much it's how I water now. I made a drip coil to evenly cover the entire area of my pot when I water. My last grow I was pulling the pot out every time I watered and it was a pain.
Starting to see my first flowers at the nodes, everything is looking good.

Looking really good! Nice and even canopy. The mix of HPS and led should give you some awesome buds!

Thanks KevinL! Last grow was all LED and buds were good but no harm in trying to make them great!

:goodjob:you are taking good care of her,she got nicely stem and branches

Thanks for the compliment SmokeSara and thanks for checking out my journal!!

Waiting for my lights to turn on.... I set them to come on later in the evening because it has been so damn hot (95-100) lately. Im growing in my garage and it can get a little hot in there. Luckily it drops down into high 50's to low 60's at night and I can open my garage door and cool it down nicely. My neighbors probably think I'm nuts because I'm always messing with my garage door to keep things cool. lol

I would love to run an AC unit out there but I'm already close to using up all my available power. Oh well, the plants don't seem to mind and growth is happening rapidly.

She has been growing in my soil mix for over a month now and I have added zero nutrients in that time. I normally can make it 3-4 weeks into flowering before I start adding some FF Tiger Bloom and FF Big Bloom following their recommended schedule. I finished off my last grow with 2 feeds of GH KoolBloom about 2 weeks before harvest. Not sure I'll use it again as a few nanners popped up within 2 days of using it. It did bulk up my buds withing a few days and I was able to pluck those little nanners out before they dropped any pollen.

Lights are on now, gotta run....

IMG_092532.JPG

As you can see from some of my other pics half my grow room is empty. Here is a pic of the Sour Diesel that will be going in the flower chamber in 2-3 weeks. I gave my buddy the original SD clone for his outdoor grow ( his plants are massive ). I took this clone off his plant just before he put them in the ground.

Not sure how working the SD into the SCROG will work without some veg time but I will find out soon enough :riskybusiness:

IMG_092733.JPG
IMG_092846.JPG

My DIY gravity fed automatic watering thingamajig haha. It works great for those times you have to go out of town for a few days and cant water. I also use it to water while I'm doing other things in the grow room..you know like starring at my plants haha
I'm super happy I bought the flood table to drain all my run off out of my grow tent.

IMG_092944.JPG

Officially one week into flower, she is really starting to stretch so I moved my HPS down a few inches, I will check back on her in a few hours to make sure the light isn't too close.

IMG_0942.PNG

Watered a little today with tap water Phd down to 6.5, my water can be in the 9s some times and is never consistent. Watered just enough to get all the soil wet but not drain out the bottom. It was super hot today 100+ and even with the lights off my soil can dry pretty quickly. Don't think I could over water if I tried.. well probably not true but still. It's down to 70 out there now and my girl is looking happy and starting to show more pistils, it took my last grow 2 weeks to get to this after the light change.

All is good. ;)

IMG_087744.JPG
IMG_087843.JPG

Greeting from Holland indeed!
My seeds finally arrived today and I couldn't help but laugh at the packaging. It will be a while before I'm ready to plant these and they will def get their own journal when the time comes but here's what I got.

5x Papaya "regular"
5x AK-48 "regular"
5x Jock Horror "regular"

*regular meaning not feminized or auto flowering

lol I love that, "Dude on a bike", I would totally frame that lol. I recently got a batch of seeds in a big roll of knitting yarn. Lmao the wife was like "you got wool in the mail". I actually found 2 freebie strains, 4 seeds, in the yarn weeks later after realizing in the confirmation email that I was missing some freebies.

Back
Top Bottom