Another First Timer Green Crack Fem LED Grow

MrFortwenty

What strain is it? CKS Green Crack Fem
# of Plants- 1 (we'll call this first grow a science experiment) ;-)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Mainly Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? Day 14 since popping from soil
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Environment - Grow Tent - 2.2x2.2.x5.2
Extras - 4 Inch exhaust fan and carbon filter, oscillating tower fan
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Bluesky Organics Super Soil
If soil... What size pot? 5 Gallon
Size of light? Mars Hydro II 400W
Temp of Room/cab? 20C - 23C
RH of Room/cab? 40-52
Any Pests ? Not yet
How often are you watering? Starting full pot watering soon
Type and strength of ferts used? None yet, I have Green Planet Nutes

OK so lets do a fast forward using a few pictures to get us to where I am today. I know, overpotted and watering could be a tricky proposition. Whats done is done, and she's doing quite well though...for now. In the next day or two I will be watering the whole pot until run off for the first time, unless someone suggests otherwise.

IMG_20170623_152016_1_.jpg
IMG_20170626_062449_1_.jpg
IMG_20170629_043628_1_.jpg
IMG_20170703_191125_1_.jpg
IMG_20170706_060718_1_.jpg
IMG_20170708_200430_1_.jpg
IMG_20170710_060536_1_.jpg
IMG_20170710_212709_1_.jpg

She's a photo fem, more info can be found right on the crop king website. I'd post the link, but it may not be allowed.
Here are some stats:

Type: Indoor / Outdoor
Growing: Easy
Flowering Time: 9 to 10 Weeks
Indica/Sativa: Mainly Indica
Effect: High Body Buzz
THC: Very High
THC%: 21.40% Laboratory Report THC Chart
CBD: 0.45% Laboratory Report CBD Chart
CBN: 0.29% Laboratory Report
Yield: up to 600gr Indoor/300gr outdoor
Genetics: Afghani X Skunk

I just got home and watered her with just over 5L. Small amount of run off. Due to the size of the pot and the size of the plant, she should be good for some time now. I plan on going really easy with the nutes, never supplying 100% of the recommended amount throughout the growth unless it's obvious she can take it all.

Updates to follow once something interesting happens :)

07/16/2017

Brought it out of the tent for a quick pic, what do you all think? Short nodes spacing, she might be a bushy one!

IMG_20170716_180117_2_.jpg
IMG_20170716_180208_1_.jpg
IMG_20170716_180610_1_.jpg

Another node or two and I'll top her

07/17/2017

Just over 5L of ph'd water. Next watering will include nutes.

07/18/2017

Little droopy from watering the night before, I probably could have waited a day before watering

IMG_20170718_060923_1_.jpg

Well, came home and had a quick look at her. She has responded really well to the watering the night before. Temps and humidity not fluctuating from the original numbers really. 20-24c and usually around 40-52% humidity.

IMG_20170718_185316.jpg

I decided it was as good as time as any to top

IMG_20170718_185329.jpg

So that's exactly what I did

IMG_20170718_185435.jpg

Finished product! lol

IMG_20170718_185524.jpg

Another quick update today.

It's been two days since the top, I pulled her out of the tent and thought it looked really good. There was growth.

I pulled out a few small stakes and gently held down the branches. Might not hold, we'll see. Oh, and the branches are no longer touching the dirt ;-)

IMG_20170720_175810.jpg

IMG_20170720_175754.jpg

IMG_20170720_175821.jpg

Thoughts? Comments?

I'm no expert but I don't think staking those fan leaves will do much. But what do I know.

I also have 1 green crack from cks in my tent. She is in her first week of flower after 8 weeks in veg. Hard to show a picture she's entangled in a scrog with 2 Durban poison (cks) 1 ak47(msnl). I'm subbed and hope you don't mind me tagging along for your science experiment, it's gonna be a fun one.

Day 25

Just a day 25 photo update. She will be due for watering in a day or two, along with the first real feed of nutes. I'll post a few more pics then.

As you can see the topping and resulted growth is excellent. So far so good, once everything starts to grow out a bit I can start some LST as there isn't really anything to LST right now lol.

Comments? Suggestions?

IMG_20170723_185940.jpg

Day 27
Ended up watering the day of the previous post, 25.

6L water.
10ml grow a
10ml grow b
2ml ausie tonic

Don't ask how this happened, but my topped plant is now back to one main top. F**k me .

I'll be lst'ing to get as much light down as far as I can to help with the others now that I've screwed up. She still looks as healthy as ever. But...damn.

420-magazine-mobile86047307.jpg

420-magazine-mobile660318488.jpg

I hope I'm not going to lose a ton of yield because of the one missing tops?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong and I hope that they do, the inside looks awfully dark. Do you know if you have any kind of root rot? Rest of plant looks decent but maybe spreading through stem right now.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong and I hope that they do, the inside looks awfully dark. Do you know if you have any kind of root rot? Rest of plant looks decent but maybe spreading through stem right now.

Did you mean to reply to this thread? Not sure I see what you're talking about, unless you mean where I topped it and subsequently lost one of the tops. That's where it healed

Did you mean to reply to this thread? Not sure I see what you're talking about

I was looking at where the break off occurred. I have had some break offs myself and has always been green or sometimes green w/ white center. I may be misaddressing the issue as it's a bit blurry when I zoom.

When you've topped a plant and it's been a week or so, what color is the cut area?

So losing one of the top main "tops" isn't going to greatly affect the end result is it? I can still LST her to a decent return? Shes super short and stubby/bushy right now. I'll veg as long as I can with my height restrictions.

When you've topped a plant and it's been a week or so, what color is the cut area?

So losing one of the top main "tops" isn't going to greatly affect the end result is it? I can still LST her to a decent return? Shes super short and stubby/bushy right now. I'll veg as long as I can with my height restrictions.

I haven't personally done I know people who have done it that I correspond with very regularly and usually turns out a very dark green but have never seen it brown. It might be strain dependent to or on the other hand, I'm completely wrong as your conditions and variables are different from mine and those with whom I associate grow in. I wouldn't do anything but definitely keep an eye for now. When you go to "ask us anything", look out for someone called PennyWise he knows what he's talking about, if anyone can help you, he can. You could also PM him too.

Back
Top Bottom