Snid & Ched's Excellent Adventure - Auto Armageddon

CHED

SNID AND CHEDS EXCELLENT ADVENTURE--AUTO ARMAGEDDON

a story of two friends who came together,
to grow inside and escape the weather.
within these walls their forests grew, so many colours...
green, orange, purple, blue.
from in the soil, roots blossomed then bloomed
for snid and ched, to be consumed.

:welcome::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::welcome:

Welcome friends, old and new, to what is the first installment of a new collaborative journey most triumphant. CHED here, just want to give the family a little background of whats going on. Late in 2016 Stinky Snid threw the idea out for this team effort and I thought it was a great idea. Not only did it allow us to expand Stinky Snids already excellent setup and knock it up a notch but it also will allow me to continue to learn new techniques first hand from a master. It has been just over a month yet and so much has happened. For all of you that have been following Snid I'm sure you have seen the recent upgrades but for those who haven't here are some pictures.

:high-five:NEW TENT AND LIGHT AND RANGE FAN!:high-five:
4x4tent

20170712_113805.jpg

192 mars reflector

20170712_135757.jpg
20170712_135808.jpg

range fan

20170712_135826.jpg
20170712_135832_1_.jpg

Now this sucker comes with one hell of a story. Snid and I, spent two days rigging this thing up. There were some heat issues and when the new tent arrived it we started working on the new airflow set up to ensure proper air circulation and temperature/humidity. The idea was to reconfigure the airflow chain and add in a stove range fan to help. We spent the afternoon rigging it up so that the fan and everything else was in its place. Unfortunately the fan created more heat and only added to the problem. Luckily for myself and the ladies we had Stinky Snid (who, by the way, can be handier than Tim the tool man Taylor when the right moment strikes) and a second range fan was hanging around. The first attempt the range fan was in the photo tent, the second attempt the second range fan wouldn't fit in the photo tent so we put in the auto tent and the results were exactly what we wanted. Temperature and humidity holding daily. The only mishap that occurred during this setup is a fan fell and damaged one of Snids photos. She is however coming back with a vengeance and we've been talking about getting her some brass for those knuckles.

Nutes- General Organics Go Box​
To start I am using up the remainder of my go box before changing to others. I have had a great experience with the general organics go box and would recommend it to anyone starting out. Once they are empty, I will be learning to use the masters touch. I have never used non ph perfect nutrients and learning to identify and correct abundance and deficiencies will be a challenge. Stinky Snid has a great arsenal of nutes to grow some monsters and as previously mentioned I am eager to learn.

As this is a collaborative effort, we will be submitting updates from each of our babies separately which in turn will provide our family with plenty of reading material not to mention conversation material. This is a much over due start for the journal so I'm going to show you ladies and gentlemen the start of my two ladies. Two candy cane from crop king seeds.

NICOLE- prouted June 7​
Transplant day.​

nicole11.jpg

Notes:Not too bad a transfer. she looked happy and healthy afterwards.

On June 20th she was ready to be topped.

nicole_2.jpg

A quick peep in the tent on the 21st to see how shes doing.

nicole_3.jpg
nicole4.jpg

Day 18: Training begins.

nicole5.jpg
nicole6.jpg

day 27: More training

nicole7.jpg

day 33:​

nicole_8.jpg
nicole9.jpg

Notes: More training and most likely is the last day. The main stems have exceeded the pot and the interior growth is reaching the top of the canopy. If all goes well the stretch will continue and I will have one of my best trained plants as of yet.

AERYN- sprouted June 14

une 20th before and after transplant​

aeryn1.jpg
aeryn2.jpg

Notes: When I transplanted Aeryn, I tried to take her out of the dixie cup the soil crumbled quite a bit and was more difficult than Nicole but no harm done. she is very happy.

July 3rd​

aeryn3.jpg
aeryn4.jpg

Notes: Aeryn started her first round of pony tailing. i did not do this with nicole and is a little experiment for my own amusement. had her up for 5 hrs for 4 days.

Day 2​

aeryn5.jpg

Day 3​

aeryn6.jpg

Day 4​

aeryn7.jpg

on July 7th she started her training​

aeryn8.jpg
aeryn9.jpg

Day 26:​

aeryn10.jpg
aeryn11.jpg

Notes: Aeryn's training is going very well. Lots of under growth thanks to the pony tailing and is proving to be a little troublesome training all the lower growth. None the less, I am having fun training her to hopefully reach the edge of the pot like her sister.

The Ladies​

20170712_114055.jpg

Its great to be back to contribute to the family again. I've been off for far too long and am eager to start catching up on many journals. thanks for stopping by for a look into our garden friends. stick around and bear witness to the Armageddon. :Namaste:

Cheers everyone,
Smoke green and prosper!:passitleft:

Snid and cheds excellent adventure--auto armageddon

Woohoo! You know we will be following this one! CHED you have an excellent mentor, and I'm really looking forward to seeing you become as bad ass a grower as Snid. Ladies look excellent, nice and healthy and the training looks oddly familiar . awesome setup you and Tim the tool man Taylor rigged up.

re: Snid & Ched's Excellent Adventure - Auto Armageddon

Why thank you! looking forward to growing something more than a foot tall lol. He is quite the teacher. Filled with knowledge and always gives me pointers. Motm well deserved! Training à la snid has to b one of the best things I've ever learned how to do.

Snid and cheds excellent adventure--auto armageddon

Believe me I have taken quite a bit of info in and stored it in my brain vault. Smart fella and plants are always picture perfect. We had a little hiccup though ourselves and had to abort mission but we weren't left with nothing at least lol. Will def be watching things look great already .

re: Snid & Ched's Excellent Adventure - Auto Armageddon

Cant wait to see what you have in store Ched, having Snid on board it'll be awesome no doubt!

Believe me I have taken quite a bit of info in and stored it in my brain vault. Smart fella and plants are always picture perfect. We had a little hiccup though ourselves and had to abort mission but we weren't left with nothing at least lol. Will def be watching things look great already .

Unfortunate circumstances are the worst. Especially when you put so much time and love into your babies. Glad you at least got a little something for your efforts.

Cant wait to see what you have in store Ched, having Snid on board it'll be awesome no doubt!
It's an exciting adventure. Hopefully there will b alot of great picture perfect beauty

I took a seat.:volcano-smiley:nice garden by the way

Welcome Sara. Thank you. I can't take all the credit.. only 2 are mine lol. Thanks for coming to watch the journey. Happy to have you here.

Pulling up a chair for this show. Should be epic :passitleft:

I thought I posted this last night... oh well better late than never.

Glad to have you here Mr Amazing :high-five: thanks for the reps my friend. I'm looking forward to the harvests to come. I've been looking into seeds for up coming rounds and am having a hard time deciding on my next autos. I think I'm going to narrow it down and post a poll for everyone to vote on.... to be Continued :cheer:

Stay tuned for an update :thumb:

Smoke green and prosper:passitleft:

UPDATE - July 22

I've been reading so much I haven't gotten around to my own update. I tried to do it on my phone a few times but I got very frustrated trying to make it look good for all our followers so I waited until I could get on a computer. So with out further, wait here are my girls.

A quick look inside the tent

20170703_114952_1_.jpg

Humidity- 55%
Temperature-78f

Nicole-Day 45

20170720_1501231.jpg

20170720_1502371.jpg

Notes: Nicole is doing very well. Lots of pistil production and the trichromes are coming in nicely. She hasn't stretched to quite what I am hoping but lets hope shes not done reaching for the sky. So far I am very happy with her progress. She took to the training very well and have not had any signs of excess or deficiency. I have been removing fan leaves here and there to help with light penetration. I'm very excited for Nicole as most of the main stems are reaching the top of the canopy and are about the same height. They have been trained to stay away from one and other to maximize light exposure.

Aeryn-Day 38

20170720_1454251.jpg

20170720_1453231.jpg

Notes:
Aeryn has not been stretching as much as her sister. She is a week behind however I am beginning to wonder if the stretch has been slowed by the few days of ponytailing I did. None the less, she has a lot of lower growth because of it. Like Nicole, I have been only removing leaves that are forward facing and are creating blockage for light penetration. I hope that she stretches more, although I am beginning to thing she may not quite reach her sister. Like her sister she is very healthy and happy. and I am looking forward to see what she does in days to come.

Thanks :thanks:for stopping by friends. :passitleft: Have a hoot and stick around. :Namaste:

Cheers,
CHED

Smoke Green and prosper :passitleft:

How did I miss this journal? Bad brain...lol.

Looking really good CHED! I'm just learning about ponytailing myself. It's amazing how short it kept your plant. I'mtoasted had just posted some info about that too. Looks like it did the job.

Now CHED, you should get some kind of picture of SNID, covering his face of course, and just place him selectively in the background so it's like he's there. Kinda like a cameo experience from Off the grid Snid.

I just have to say, you hold the power, when you are in flower. Just sounded good, no reason for it...lol. Just wanted to compliment you on the opening poetry. I'm snapping my fingers for your effort. Snap snap snap!

How did I miss this journal? Bad brain...lol.

Looking really good CHED! I'm just learning about ponytailing myself. It's amazing how short it kept your plant. I'mtoasted had just posted some info about that too. Looks like it did the job.

Now CHED, you should get some kind of picture of SNID, covering his face of course, and just place him selectively in the background so it's like he's there. Kinda like a cameo experience from Off the grid Snid.

I just have to say, you hold the power, when you are in flower. Just sounded good, no reason for it...lol. Just wanted to compliment you on the opening poetry. I'm snapping my fingers for your effort. Snap snap snap!

Why thank you. I knew you would be by eventually :welcome:. To be honest, you inspired me to open with a poem. I've enjoyed many of yours following your journal it's my little tip of the hat to you :high-five:. As for a picture of off the grid snid, I will do my best. I'll talk to him. Perhaps I will catch him by surprise. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for coming to say hello G2HM. I'll be posting an update within a couple of day I hope.

Cheers

Smoke green and prosper :passitleft:

:welcome::cheer::cheer:UPDATE - JULY 30:cheer::cheer::welcome:

Say hello to my little friends!​

20170728_120639.jpg

Humidity-55%​
Temperature-75f​

Nicole-Day 53

20170728_113033.jpg
20170728_113442.jpg
20170728_113619.jpg

Notes: Nicole is still progressing nicely. Her pistils have begun to change color slowly and the crystal production is kicking into high gear. I haven't been removing any foliage recently except any underneath that are near falling off themselves. I had her out for a feed and used week seven of the general organics feeding schedule. Today she looks happy and ready to keep on going.

Go box feed schedule week 7:
  1. biothrive bloom- 10ml
  2. cal/mg-5ml
  3. biobud-2.5ml
  4. biomarine- 10ml

I am running out of the biomarine and the biothrive quickly. I am hoping it will get me through the rest of this grow but I am not holding my breath... although i probably should. That biomarine stuff stinks (squid guts) and if it sits for awhile ohhhh damn!

Aeryn- Day 46

20170728_112709.jpg
20170728_112815.jpg

Notes: Definitely not the same size as her sister was at day 46 but she is still doing very well. I am still very much optimistic that she will surprise me in the long run. That being said, she is still not stretching up to reach the top of the canopy. Stinky Snid showed me a little trick. If i understood this correctly.. through the process of training the plant naturally makes the closest cola to the light dominant and it focuses its energy on it. By gently lifting the lower colas up to match the dominant cola it will help it focus energy elsewhere. I tried what he say and it seems to be helping. I give her a little lift once or twice a day and I've noticed a difference so far. She hasn't been drinking as quickly as her sister either but she looks healthy.

Looking forward to the upcoming weeks. Nicole will be getting frostier by the day and Aeryn is exciting to watch because I'm not quite sure what she going to do at this point. She'll probably just be smaller but we'll keep our fingers crossed :high-five:

:thanks: For stooping by friends. Until next time.

Back
Top Bottom