Critical Kush, Redux, Attack of the Clones,1000 Watt MH/HPS

Mike Connor

Welcome-

This will be my second grow journal in a series featuring Barney's Farm Critical Kush.

As the 5 seeds I sprouted in my first journal all created different phenos, I had decided to choose the best one to move forward with for my next grow. However that's just not going to work out that way. I took over 60 cuttings and rooted them while the main grow was still in veg. Now all the cuttings are itchin' to go, but the main grow is still 4 to 6 weeks from finishing. So a conundrum is upon me.

I've decided to do a short cycle grow with 12 clones. That's 2 of each CK pheno and 2 of a lanky sativa I'm bringing along for the ride. So the grow will end up being 12 plants in 12 five gallon pales.

So today it begins. I have transplanted them into 3. 5 liter pots with a nice hot soil mix of my own recipe. I have placed them in Grow Room Two under a 1000 watt 4100K Halide lamp. I have set the hood for 8,000 Foot Candles for a day or two before increasing.

I am a Dirt Farmer and as such, this grow will be totally organic. An organic grow is much more work than hydro. Some feel such as myself, you get better results. However at some point in the near future I will likely try Hydro again for the sake of a fast turn around time.

So, I invite you to join in. Bring your questions and your wisdom as I would greatly enjoy hearing from you. If you have questions about a simple, effective and affordable cloning method, I would be delighted to help.

Cheers :thumb:

So here we go!

Here are the 12 clones + 1. (one extra, just in case)

Transplanted into 3.5 liter containers today and place in Grow Room Two. They are looking a bit wilted from the transplant but will recover quickly.

I have the hood set for 8,000 Foot Candles and will increase that in the days ahead as they adapt to HID lighting.

Cheers

20170715_202112.jpg

Following along of course, always an interesting and greatly educational time in snids tents! :bravo:

Fellow scientific green thumb. Delighted to have you on board for this round of mayhem. :)

Cheers

Well Ok.

The clones have taken to HID lighting very quickly and are displaying rapid growth under the 1000 watt lamp. And as such, I've lowered the hood to hit 10,000 Foot Candles.

-However-

Had a power flash this afternoon and lost a 1000 watt MH lamp. I don't understand why yet, but I will. Even with a 40 minute cool down cycle it refuses to start. Good thing I have a few spare.

Cheers

Right on sneaky, I run into the same issues with sorting phenos. It usually takes a couple rounds to get there, then I'm ready for a new flavor, lol. That's running 2 rooms, 10-12 plants in each.
Im excited for this grow. Subbed!!!.

Thanks man. I think I might be obsessing over which pheno to keep. I have a hard time trying to make that call as they all have interesting traits.

So far 4 weeks into flowering and my pheno CK3 seems the most potent. It also grows more rapid than the rest as well as being very bushy. And it was also the easiest to clone.

Hmm. Maybe we have a winner. :)

I intend to cross the winner with original skunk. So I guess I'm being fussy.

Thanks for droppin' by and the good words.

Cheers

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom