Fourth Times The Charm

Welcome

This is my forth grow and second journal. So first a little about my other grows. First was autos, nycd, I had time release nutrients soil and major ph issues and temp control problems, small yeild. Second was nycd autos again got previous issues sorted out, but I stunted 3 of 4 and got even small yield than the first. Then I started some bag seeds to try some photos. When I flipped to 12/12 I got the brilliant idea to just use the bloom switch on my led...bad move... a week later I made hermies... So back both switches on and picks nuts sacks off everyday for weeks. Everything was looking good, except I knew I was gonna have seeds, then at week 7 of flower.... GD spider mites!!!! I trimmed all the fan leaves off and hosed them off... Got 1000 ladybugs, I was winning the battle but still could find them at the end of week 8, so I just chopped the girls down early.

Which brings me to now. Everything got washed with bleach and water. Cleaned everything up and bug bombed the tent.

Done some more bag seed again. Hoping not to duck it up this time. So girls are germinated and just went into the soil today.

Unknown bag seed
Mars hydro 2 700w
3 gallon pots
Promix up soil
Neptune harvest fish fertilizer (when it's time)
Neptune harvest seaweed (when it's time)
Calmag

I'll be topping and doing lst due to height restrictions I have. Last time one was 7 inches from my light.
420-magazine-mobile1418002548.jpg

Iti

Subbed.
Good luck with your girls, seems like you've been through it all, quite the learning experience, hopefully 4th time is indeed the charm.
Thanks knight . it's been a steep learning curve. I've had to do a lot of reading and learning the hard way. Of course this time I'll be fighting the temps, summer is here now, hopefully I'll be able to keep them at a decent temp.

I also forgot to mention that I used coral on the bottom of the pots for some extra draining. I pick it up on the beach. I used it last grow and the roots down there looked really nice.

The coral
420-magazine-mobile1608454399.jpg

I put a layer of these on the bottom of each pot, and of course I clean All of them before (soak in water for a couple of days. Soak in boiling water, wash with some soap, small soak in some bleach, and give them a good rinse)

Iti

Day 2

Light just came on... nothing poking up yet... temps were 32 . . . . hot here today. Cranked up the exhaust fan and put two frozen 2L bottles in front of the fan, should bring it down a couple degrees. Also potted 4 more in solo cups.

Iti

So I picked up another led today.. a friend of a friend was selling it, and my buddy got me too good of a deal to pass... 120$ for a 1000w led. Sorry Sara it's not a MH . but too good to pass up. Also the heat is hard to deal with .

Iti

Nice bru! Congrats on the girls popping out :passitleft:
Thanks . i got some backups in solo cups off to the side. I got to clean some more pots to put them in eventually. I'll just keep them in the back/corner till I'm sure I got all girls. Hoping I don't get any hermies this time... I ended up with a FEW seeds last time (I got a few hundred so far)

Iti

Crap my oscillating fan just crapped out .
iti

At this stage not the end of the world right, just get something in there to move some air, even if it's non-oscillating, 9.99$ w-mart clip on will probably do short term till you get replacement. You just reminded me though to actually pick up a backup clip-on to have around, so your fan's death was not entirely in vain.

At this stage not the end of the world right, just get something in there to move some air, even if it's non-oscillating, 9.99$ w-mart clip on will probably do short term till you get replacement. You just reminded me though to actually pick up a backup clip-on to have around, so your fan's death was not entirely in vain.
Still got a non-oscillating fan going inside, so lots of air movement. That fan wasn't that old, only got it in January.
Iti

All but 2 are up. Everyone got a little drink tonight after a hot week. How high should Hang my light ?
Iti

Good news. :thumb:

As for the light... 700w led.. on seedlings I'd say somewhere around 40" for first 4-5 days (double check with Mars generic guide though), then start the measured journey downward a few inches a day. /just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom