First Grow Ever 600W LED Will Take Any Advice!

Goldenmike

Sup guys,
This is my first grow ever, I will be glad to take any advices from your many experiences! I'm actually in the making on my set up, the tent is up, the light is in the tent, waiting for some clip fans, Humidity and temp control is in the tent. Bought a Ph tester. Will be buying PH up and down kit soon enough. Still wondering if you guys have some preferences for the pots and the soil brand and mix. I will be growing 5 Bubba Kush seeds, in a 4X4X7 tent. So any advice for the soil, the pots and the nutes I should use are welcomed.
I Will be posting couple of photos later when the set up is done and I get those seeds in the mail, should take 2-3 more days so I can soaked em up, what 18-24 hours ?

Have a chair guys, I hope this journey's gonna be fun and resulting in lots of big colas!!
(Not going to ask how much I can yield or anything, I just want to have a nice frist grow and nice buds!!)

See you soon!

Hey there Golden Mike! Welcome. what type of light are you using, I'm in the middle of my first grow right now as well. I'm using Fox Farm soil and nutes. Good products, I reached for them because they were well priced, and had good reviews. There are a lot of good choices. Promix soil I think is really good. Also i would get some perlite to add in as well it helps with arration. As for nutrients, Botanicare has a good nutrient line, that has a lot of good reviews. General Hydroponics is another good nutrient line. As for your pots, anything will do, but fabric pots have a lot of good benefits, you may want to look into them, its what I use. Or you can use air pots, sort of the same idea.
Anyways, I hope I've been helpful, good luck!

I will sub also, Im on my first indoor grow right now also, I have harvested a few and still have a few more to harvest, you are welcome to stop by my journal, it's under Tom Smith's First Indoor Grow With Autos 2017 or you can click on my name on this post, then click on my posts and you should see it, I have a 4×4 tent with a Mars 1200 and I have had pretty good results with it, I also have some DJ Short Blueberry photos going under 1000w hps that I will be harvesting in a few more weeks also. I use a local soil mix with extra dolomite lime mixed in to help keep soil pH in check and I use fox farm nutes.

Looks like you have a nice setup and will be up and running soon so hopefully everything goes well and you end up with forearm size colas lol...️

/me placed cushion on chair and sits down. Subbed. Ditto what others have said, myself I went FF route on soil (both ocean forest and happy frog) and had other branded nutes come with my setup (Technaflora line) that I'm using for my first grow. Before you dunk the seeds yes anywhere from 12-24hr or so I would test the tent first for 24hr. Something I wish I did a day or so before hand... running the lights and fans, humidifier\dehumidifier etc all to track temps\humidity and adjust things before kicking everything off so I could get a jump start on dialing things with the tent environment in before I put anything in there. Just a thought.

Also plus 1 on the adding a little bit of domomite lime in the mix, in addition to extra perlite far easier to do that up front than trying to do it later. If recall right something like 2tsp per gallon of soil is plenty.

What water are you planning to use? If tap, get a semi recent water report from provider (95% of time you can find this one their company's website), and if chlorine in it, plan on leaving some jugs (or whatever) of tap water out uncovered for ~24hr before using it, so that the chlorine has a chance to mostly evaporate off.

That's a lot of nice tips guys thanks !! Just received my seeds and threw them in the water right away, was too excited so I didn't run the tent for 24 hours which would of been a great idea to test the timer and stuff.. oh well, i'll pray for everything to work out ! I'm going to add some pictures soon, when the seed start showing signs of life !! Then the journey begins and I hope will be fun and rewarding, especially for the learning part. My humidity is pretty high in the room, dehumidifier is the only way to go ? or there is cheapest options ? Give me some heads up !!
Thanks for subbing and helping my first journey!!

Well from what little I know (and I'm only 3 weeks into my first try myself so take anything I say with big grain of salt), you want your RH in the 50-70 range for the first week or so then more in the 45-65 range during veg and then 35-50 in flower. My problem was not enough humidity. So for seedling I just put a lightly misted plastic dome over sprouts for first couple days, then got small humidifier for the tent. Been working out ok since then 45-65. If your intake air RH is >50 though, yeah you may need dehumidifier, maybe not during veg but during flower (>50\55 tends to increase chance of bud mold - or so I read), as for right now if your room RH is say in the 60's you'll be fine for now, just keep the air in the tent moving.
Is there A\C in the outer-room where the tent is? Beyond helping with obvious temp control, most of them pull moisture out of the air as part of their normal function (even without a dehumidify option).

/me placed cushion on chair and sits down. Subbed. Ditto what others have said, myself I went FF route on soil (both ocean forest and happy frog) and had other branded nutes come with my setup (Technaflora line) that I'm using for my first grow. Before you dunk the seeds yes anywhere from 12-24hr or so I would test the tent first for 24hr. Something I wish I did a day or so before hand... running the lights and fans, humidifier\dehumidifier etc all to track temps\humidity and adjust things before kicking everything off so I could get a jump start on dialing things with the tent environment in before I put anything in there. Just a thought.

Also plus 1 on the adding a little bit of domomite lime in the mix, in addition to extra perlite far easier to do that up front than trying to do it later. If recall right something like 2tsp per gallon of soil is plenty.

What water are you planning to use? If tap, get a semi recent water report from provider (95% of time you can find this one their company's website), and if chlorine in it, plan on leaving some jugs (or whatever) of tap water out uncovered for ~24hr before using it, so that the chlorine has a chance to mostly evaporate off.
I like the idea of dolomite lime, I added it in my first grow (2to3tbs per gallon of soil) and I think it helped keep my pH in check as well as add calcium and magnesium, I have more on order now so I will have for my second grow.

Thanks guys, seeds stared cracking in glass of water, will put then in some paper towel for 24 hours tomorrow morning. I had a question after they've sprouted, I will put them in red solo cup with pro-mix HD, what should be the distance of my 600W LED light from the solo cup for the first couple days??

Thanks guys, seeds stared cracking in glass of water, will put then in some paper towel for 24 hours tomorrow morning. I had a question after they've sprouted, I will put them in red solo cup with pro-mix HD, what should be the distance of my 600W LED light from the solo cup for the first couple days??

High up.. it'll depend on the LED mfg's recommendation,usually a little card or booklet comes with the light that will mention xx" for seedlings, xx" for veg, and go no closer than xx". If didn't have recommendations than I would say start at like 40" for the first say 3-5 days after ground breaking, then slowly move down say 2-3" a day once you see she has true fan leaves of about 1".

So, Ive been running the tent couple hours to see if humidity would go down and thank god it did, so, temp wen to around 77 degrees and humidity down to 60% in only 2 hours or so, instead of 63 degrees at 82%. So I think it will settle up when the light run 18 hours a day plus with the 2 clip fans coming in !! So I just put the seed in paper towel, in that room so the humidity is good and it's dark, waiting for them to sprouts so I can put them in solo cups for their first run in soil..! Will have a look in that manufacturer book, but last time I saw I think it's only for Veg. and Flower the specs that are in.
There was already a spider in the tent, fuck my life. Is there anything I should do to prevent ants or anything that should not be in there??
Waiting to see you guys!! Smoke it up!

**If anyone would tell me a little tutorial to add photos, would be great. Damn noob :nomo:

Then imho basically just add ~12-18" to whatever they say for veg for the first week, You really can't go that wrong having'em higher in the first couple days. I mean if you see your babies have 4 real leaves and are stretching beyond like 2-3" by day 4-5 then it's time to start lowering the lights.

I coat my top soil when it's dry with a dusting of diatomaceous earth, it's more a preventative measure for anything trying to nest in the soil, it'll cut up the bugs at microscopic level - though it'll only really function when dry. IDK, don't have specific advise for normal critters maybe some pesticide around the outside of the tent and area around it? I did that to mine couple days after setting it up and before planting. I've only had a random horse fly show up that I've seen thus far and whacked him, he got pulled in via one of the vents I think before I put make-shift screens on them, I had so much negative pressure in the tent at that point he couldn't get out ha ha ha.

I started my Mars 1200 at 38in from sprout and stayed there for about 10 or 12 days then I started lowering everyday a couple inches at a time till I got down to around 30 in, I eventually got down to around 24in in veg state and now I'm at about 18 in at the end of flowering. 24in in veg and 18in in flowering is what my light calls for and that's pretty much what I ended up with and have seen good results, you will be alright just watch your plant and do any adjustments a little at a time...️

Well, I got myself some Pro-mix HP, a box of general hydro nutriments kit, the fans and ph control kit are on its way, I think we're getting ready to roll! Waiting for these little seeds to sprout. After how long they're out of the soil, I start watering with nutrients? and how much water at the beginning?
Smoke it up !

**Found the height in the little manufacturer book, thanks everyone, you were all on the target!

High fam!!! Will need your help a little now.. the seeds have sprouted (for couple of them) one is still not out and the help I need is for the one that is out but look sick as hell, she has no cotyledons but still look alive... first pics for me I hope it will come or good but if anyone can help me out or saw this before, I will gladly take the help!!
420-magazine-mobile1750513739.jpg
420-magazine-mobile278070631.jpg

She actually still had her shell on in a bad position, so I carefully took it off and we can see her 4 green leaves !!! She's alive !! The girls will soon need water, what are your thoughts on nutrients, should I wait until next watering or right now with this one is good ?? (Been 5 days In soil.) if so tell me what I should give them too ? Here's a pic of my box of nutes! Waiting to hear you guys!! Thanks you in advance xx
420-magazine-mobile86773833.jpg

Back
Top Bottom