Whitefox's 1000W HPS Top Fed DWC ScrOG Grow - OG Kush & White Widow - 2017

Whitefox

Hi all,

This is my 3rd proper grow and first grow journal, I'm really excited to document the progress.

For the Strains:

I'm growing 3 x OG Kush (from Green Smoke Room Seeds)
And 1 x White Widow (from G13 Labs)

For the DWC Buckets:

I've got a single 25 liter bucket system for each plant, each plant has their own air-compressor each putting out 25l of air per minute and each bucket has a small water pump + drip system for top feeding the plants. The buckets are covered in Mylar to reduce heat (except for one which still needs to get covered) Im using Hydroton in the netpots. The buckets are also each on separate wheeled platforms to make training easier. Two of the buckets have their screens already mounted on 10cm above the bucket, the other two will get their screens within the next 2 weeks. The screen size for each plant is 60x60cm.

For the Environment:

I have a tent which is 2.4m wide, 1.2m deep and 2m tall. In the tent I have one large bird wing reflector with a 1000w hps hortilux bulb hooked up. I've got an extractor fan blowing in cool air from outside onto the bulb with some ducting, and then another extractor fan on the other side of the reflector sucking out the hot air and venting into the attic. This is basically a diy air cooled reflector without the glass in front.
Because of venting into the attic I am not concerned over smells venting out there. I do however also have a carbon filter hooked up that vents filtered air out of the window.
I've also hooked up a small PC fan under the bulb (some extra airflow) and an oscillating fan blowing directly under the reflector.
The temps have gotten a bit high on warm days (up to 29 degrees) so I may invest in some more cooling options, right now though we are still in winter here so temps are staying around 25 degrees with the lights on.

For the Nutrition:

I'm using the Lucas formula with cal/mag for feeding the plants and also supplementing with some beneficial bacteria into the reservoirs and some silicone twice during veg and twice during flower.

I'm trying to upload some photos of the setup but can't seem to figure it out, maybe somebody experienced on the forum can guide me with that.

The 3 OG kush were germinated on the 14th of July and the White Widow was germinated on the 17th. Germinated by soaking overnight and then dropping straight into the Hydroton. So far so good, the plants are looking good, the OG Kush has its first set of serrated leaves and the White Widow is showing its Cotyledons. I've got them under 90w of LED currently and will move in with the HPS when they are a little bigger (using the HPS for the entire grow)

I will upload Pictures as soon as I figure it out.

re: Whitefox's 1000W HPS Top Fed DWC ScrOG grow - OG Kush & White Widow - 2017

20170721_183640.jpg
20170721_183622.jpg
20170721_183606.jpg
20170721_183550.jpg
20170721_183539.jpg
20170717_172504.jpg

Got the uploads figured out!

So...

I ran into some issues, hence the not posting on this thread for a while.

Unfortunately marijuana is not legal yet in my country, so I ended up getting arrested in the middle of the night due to my ex-girlfriend snitching to the police about my grow. So learn from me and don't tell ANYBODY about your grow if you're in a prohibited area, even if you think that person is the one person you can trust.. Don't take the chance.

Buuut I managed to get all my grow equipment back (none of the plants or seeds sadly)

So after dealing with all of that - I have set up my grow room again, this time with some improvements and new strains:

This time around I have -

OG kush x 1
Amnesia Haze x 1
Jack Herer x 1
Chemdawg x 1

All being grown in 25l individual res's under 1000w hps. Currently they are 1 week from seed, sprouting nicely under the LEDS until I switch over to HPS. I will start 1:4 nutes tomorrow and build it up to full strength over the next month until I flush for a week with silicon added and then continue veg for another month (2-3 month veg, trying to grow some mosters lol).

This time around I have invested in a heater + thermostat to keep night temps above 21 degrees celsius as they have been dipping with the weather lately. Also will be investing in a portable air-con for when the heatwaves will surely hit soon (africa's blessing and curse, temps will reach over 40 degrees celcius soon)

I will upload some pics tomorrow of the new and improved set up! :)

20171109_091859.jpg
20171109_091821.jpg
20171109_091814.jpg
20171109_091809.jpg

Okay so some much needed updates - I have been vegging and training for about 6 weeks now, girls are looking good. I'm doing some really aggressive defoliation once per week, I almost completely strip the plant except for new growth. I'm going to veg for another 2 weeks to a month, I'm going for a 1kg harvest so a long veg is essential (250g per plant)

Also bought an air-con to keep temps stable, and have added silicon for one week in the res. Jack herer is the biggest at the moment, but chemdawg is a close second, and extremely bushy.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom