Groovy's Auto Challenge Grow, 4x4 400MH/600HPS, DWC, 3Think Different & 3Blue Mazaar

Groovy Bud

Greetings once again :420:

It has been quite a while, and this time I bring you my first test on Auto's and looking forward into taking my own conclusions regarding these alternative growing methods.

Last time I didn't have many people hopping on the journal which led me to dropping it to lack of interest. I'm yet in need of tracking back my moves, so I can look back and improve upon failure. Depending on the "heat" I get, I might become more of an active member again and help other people out just like I have been in the past. Posting updates and being deep about them, takes time and effort.

Now then,

I'll be using my usual DIY DWC setup, consisting in 2 plants per 50 liters tote, summing up to 3 totes, 6 plants.
Each tote has its own top-drip feeding system (watering during 15 mins every 4 hours) and its own oxygenation assembly.

The growing strains are Auto-Flowering Dutch Passion Think Different (TD) and Blue Auto Mazaar (BAM).

I'm yet to upgrade in the future and grab a vegging tent and try out LED's the next time. Going greener is smart.

I won't be as extent as past times, as I have concluded that too much care and lead to paranoia and overthinking nature processes that need its time and ways to happen.

I'll try and post weekly or 2 times a week updates with pictures.

We're at the seedling phase, the most boring and frustrating phase. Hang on tight and be patient.
They have popped from seed in between 17-18th of July and are now rooted in rockwool and transplanted into Netpots with clay pebbles (hydroton).

Just tonight, from 23rd/24th the transplanting is complete. Rolling at 250W of Metal Halide (MH) right now, can't wait to boost it to 400w.

I present you my "organic lab" :smokin:

24_07room.jpg

24_07room2.jpg

Think Different #1
24_07td1.jpg

Think Different #2
2407tf2.jpg

Think Different #3
2407tf3.jpg

Blue Auto Mazaar #1
24_07bam1.jpg

Blue Auto Mazaar #2
24_07bam2.jpg

Blue Auto Mazaar #3
24_07bam3.jpg

We are @ around 0.50 E.C on Tote 1 (TD#1 and TD#2)
................0,55 on Tote 2 (TD#3 and BAM#3)
................0,60 on Tote 3 (BAM #1, BAM #2)

Room Temperatures at 26-29ºC, canopy at 21ºC

After first day, light fixture shall be lowered. Squeeze together the totes and thus the netpots.
As they veg, spread and LST, ScroG them apart accomplishing an even canopy

I hope everything goes well in your gardens,
Feel free to join in the party,

Namaste :Namaste:

Re: Groovy's Auto Challenge Grow, 4x4 400MH/600HPS, DWC, 3Think Different & 3Blue Maz

WELL I'M HERE TO ROCK WITH YOU GROOVY!!!!
Good luck were running the same style setup.

Re: Groovy's Auto Challenge Grow, 4x4 400MH/600HPS, DWC, 3Think Different & 3Blue Maz

UPDATE, 04th of August

Hello dear friends,

Things are been going regular over here, except the harsh time Summer gives us in order to control room temperatures. Still, it has been managed and an average of 27-28ºC inside the tent, never exceeding 27º @ canopy level.

Yesterday the ballast was pushed to match the MH bulb's max wattage, which is at 400w. The temperatures have raised, but they have been controlled.

I didn't mention you guys this but, when the seeds were sprouting in the rockwool (after papertowel and transplant) the humidity dome I store them in (under CFL light to help them find their direction) fell to the floor and all the cubes got mixed. I ended up not knowing which rockwool cube had which plant, except for a couple of them that I have 80% sure who they were.

So, this means this is the crucial moment to find out which plant is who based on leaf and internode structure by comparing them to the known ones. At the current time I think that Think Different #2 may be switched up with Blue Auto #2. I might switch them between reservoirs while the root tap isn't too long nor twisting around anything (preventing me front "transpotting").

Maybe you guys can help me spot the differences ahah.

Photo Update [/SIZE]

2 Reservoirs (The one in the back has TD#1 to the right side, which is the one I'm most sure of, and TD#2 to the left side; the reservoir in the front has the Blue Auto #1 on the right, which is the one I'm certain who she is, and the Blue Auto #2 on the left).
04_08ress.jpg

Detail On the Think Different reservoir (TD#1 on the Right, TD#2 on the Left)
04_08_TDres.jpg

Detail On the Blue Auto reservoir (BAM #1 on the Right, BAM #2 on the Left)
04_08BAMres.jpg

Detail on Weaklings (TD#3 on the Back; BAM #3 on the Front)
04_08thirdres.jpg

Detail on BAM #3, she seems quite weird and might have some genetic abnormalities
0408BAM3.jpg

Detail on TD #3, the one who had a burn on the leaves due to a nute water droplet falling on them and staying for too long under the CFL's light, she healed herself by showing off two tops right from the start. Seems like I have 2 plants in one netpot, although she might be a slow grower due to this.
04_08TD3.jpg

In terms of E.C (total)
Reservoir 1 (TD) is @ 1.07
Reservoir 2 (BAM) is @ 1,17
Reservoir 3 (weaklings) is @ 0,9

pH oscillates between 5.5 and 6.0 daily.

K1NGF3W thanks for joining in, feels good having someone around.

UPDATE TIME

Greating fellow green friends,

I hope Summer is treating you well.

I'm gonna post some quick updates, mostly pictures and technicalities

Reservoir 1 (TD) is @ 1,40 E.C
Reservoir 2 (BAM) is @ 1,45 E.C
Reservoir 3 (weekling mix) is @ 1,35 E.C

Photo Update

3 days ago the biggest ladies were intensively tilted towards a pre-planned position to structure my future scroG

I've just done some more intense LST today, that you can see on the following pictures.

The Room. Reservoir in the front is BAM (Blue AutoMazaar #1 and #2); Reservoir in the back is TD (Think Different #1 and #2); Reservoir to the left is the mixed one (TD #3 on the back, BAM #3 up front)
1room13_08.jpg

BAM #1
BAM1_13_08.jpg

BAM #2
BAM2_13_08.jpg

BAM #3
BAM3_13_08.jpg

TD #1; though one to LST
1TD13_08.jpg

TD #2. MY BEST LST so far
2TD13_08.jpg

TD #3. As you can see, this plant turned into two. She is slower than other ones due to the initial damage she took.
3TD13_08.jpg

Hope everything is going awesome over your gardens as well.
So far Auto's seem a bit slower to me, compared to regulars (feminized) but I must take into consideration that I'm growing on the Summer and temps/humidity are though to maintain on the sweet spot.

UPDATE, 1 Week Later...

Greetings green friends.

2 days ago I noticed the pre-flowering pistils on BAM#1, BAM#2, TD#1 and TD#2. Today, I'm sure they are stretching into flowering, and BAM #3 and TD #3 are starting their flowering right now (they are a bit behind schedule).

So, I've screwed in the 600w HPS bulb and sunbathed them with the new light since today. (First 2 days left with MH so they don't stretch as much)

Also added 1 and a half teaspoon of powdered flowering booster complex (made by the local store), shaking the 5Liter carboy, and despising the precipitate.

Think Different Reservoir (#1 and #2) was bumped to 1,67
Blue Auto Maazar Reservoir (#1 and #2) was bumped to 1,63
Third Tote (BAM #3 and TD #3) were bumped to 1,53.

No signs of leaf burn, never ever.

Room Temperatures go up to 30ºC, Humidity @ 50-55%, canopy temps never higher than 27,2ºC. (hot day)

Photo Update

Room from a different perspective, BAMs on the back, TDs up front
room20_08.jpg

Think Different #1, Really hard to train, badly positioned due to Fan. I have rotated and twisted her a bit today to take advantage of more lighting.
1TD20_08.jpg

TD#2, the one I reffered to as the best LST'ed one.
2TD20_08.jpg

TD#3, the one that split into 2 small plants, thus going slower.
3TD20_08.jpg

BAM#1, hard to train, furthest from the light source.
1BAM20_08.jpg

BAMs, whole team
BAMs20_08.jpg

BAM #3, weakling.
3BAM20_08.jpg

I'm a bit sad I've no visitors nor comments, but hey,

Wish you all the best over your gardens

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom