First Grow: Indoor

SamuelFapson

Hey guys,

Your forums have been a valuable resource and has taught me so much!

As you can see by quantity, this is purely for my own use and grown in my own home as an experiment and to get into touch with mother nature and the love, happiness and clarity regular cannabis use has brought to our lives, as I used to be a heavy drinker and have as of the last say, 9 months, only had a few drinks with family and friends, whereas in the past I used to get hammered every weekend and even in the week, then get into fights (physical and verbal) and f-ed up cars and bikes, etc, so it's been the most pleasant journey and an eye opener to me.

I've also lost quite a bit of weight since January (around 37lbs) and I'm just feeling better and healthier in general thanks to, in most part, cannabis and the better state of self awareness and my wife and I also appreciate so many more things in life.

Anyhow, trippy rasta/hippy rant over. :p

I took some of my local outdoor bagseed (quite cheap, but quite nice) and decided to give growing a few plants a go.

I started out with a very ghetto rig with 8 seedlings and only a few 5W 4000k LED bulbs, but they stretched to the moon and I then started doing more research and got quite into the whole thing and have since restarted my grow and I'm only doing two plants now, herewith some details of my setup:

Environment:

MarsHydro 70x70cm (2x2ft) grow tent
Custom home made Carbon filter (holds around 1kg of carbon)

Lighting for Veg (21/3 schedule):

2x Clusters of 9x 10W 6500k, cool white LEDs (180W total)
8x 5W (diffuser removed) 4000k LED bulbs
Around 1.2m of RED 5050 LED strips (around 14W per meter)
Some Blue and UV 5050 LEDs in clusters of 3 leds inbetween the other lights.

Lighting for Flowering (12/12):

2x Clusters of 12x 10W 3000k, warm white LEDs (240W total)
Same as the rest (I just swap out the middle aluminum panel)

Soil/Nutrients:

For the first week, I kept my pre-germinated seeds (used damp paper towel for this) in seedling mix in small containers, I then moved them to bigger pots and soil (Ingredients: Coco Coir, Worm Castings, Compost, Perlite, Vermiculite,Volcanic Rock Dust, Bone Meal, Gypsum, Dolomite Lime, Kelp Meal), I then moved them over to 10L (2.6 gal) fabric pots, I then later realized I needed 20L (5.2 gal) due to the extra airflow through the soil from the sides, etc, but I kept one plant in a 10L and moved the shorter, bushier plant to a 20L as I didn't have enough soil left for both, I then dose/feed with a complete nutrient kit (Micro, Grow & Bloom) with filtered pH controlled water (around 6.5 pH) weekly (One big and one smaller) - I always check the top 2 inches of the soil to make sure my plants don't get under watered, and then I monitor my humidity and temps a few times a day (when I leave for work, come home from work and before bed, etc).

So I think that covers most of it, and please bare in mind, this is a cheap/ghetto grow setup as I didn't want to fork out a crap load of money on full spectrum grow lights and proper inline fans and carbon filters etc, just yet, only to find that I'm unable to grow cannabis, as I've never grown anything in my entire life. rofl.

Anyhow, without further ado, some pictures:

Flowering lights whilst I was still busy with the wiring:

Home made carbon filter:

This is a smaller diameter internal mesh with stocking over it, then the carbon goes between that and the bigger outer layer, also with stocking going over it, works quite well thus far. :)

My plants:

Both Confirmed Females - they seem to be ready for switching over to 12/12 - as both have showed some calyxes with pistils starting to come out.

Picture taken on Saturday (22-07-2017):

This is around 8 weeks in - that said, these are bagseeds, no idea what strain, and it's also winter here, and I did struggle with temps a bit before I bought the tent, so growth seems quite slow, but I'll get some proper seeds or clones once I'm confident that my little eco system can produce decent bud.

We're also moving at the end of the year or early next year as we're selling our current property, so I want to then start afresh in our new place with proper genetics and see how that goes, but for now, I am quite happy with the progress and knowledge I've gained and I'm truly hopeful for some good quality bud, if not, it's been a pleasure and an honor working with something as natural and beautiful as the cannabis plant and its amazing flowers. :)

I firmly believe this is the only crop that can save/change the earth for the better.

One Love. :)

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom