Sour Diesel & Girl Scout Cookies In Coco - 50W LED Veg - 315W CMH Bloom

WillGrow510

Greetings. Welcome to another one of my grow journals. I habe learned so much in the last 8 months of growing and I have all of you to thank for it. Okay, here's the deal:

Starting with 2 cheap Chinese LEDs to veg. It's just to hot to run HID lights over these. No temp control. With the LEDs I'm getting around 76 degf. Humidity is always low in my grow, around 30%. I did have them under a 400w HID MH but they were suffering it was so hot. Got stunted and came back to life after I changed lights. Now they are back on track.

My Special Kush journal shows how I'm using Mineral Spray to produce my own feminized seeds and I will do the same here with these.

The seeds are house strains of feminized seeds from justfeminized dot com. Love those guys. Feel free to check out the progress on my Special Kush grow journal in my signature to see how the homemade feminized seeds are working out.

Using AN Sensi pH Perfect for Coco, and all the other business like Jumpstart, Armor Si Silica, CalMag, Fulpower, Kelp me, Alaska fish, Biocozyme, molasses, Recharge, Hawaiian Big Bud, Mammoth P, Cytoplus, and Mendocino Avalanche. Probably don't need all that, but the plants seem to like it all in small doses.

I'll take cuts of these and force a sex change with the mineral spray to get the feminized plants to produce feminized pollen so it can polinate itself. Homemade feminized seeds. Cool.

Don't have a major goal for this grow except to make more seeds and improve my technique. Also gonna do some topping and training. Controlling my environment is my biggest obstical. Currently no way to make a sealed room. Temp, humidity, and odor will continue to plague me for now. I'm getting pretty decent bud now tho. It works.

Enough blah blah. Now onto the pics. As always, your input is very welcome.

IMG_475511.JPG

IMG_476416.JPG

IMG_479310.JPG

IMG_47949.JPG

IMG_482510.JPG

Oh, and almost forgot. I mixed up the plants by mistake and don't know which one is which. Good fun.
:Namaste:

re: Sour Diesel & Girl Scout Cookies In Coco - 50W LED Veg - 315W CMH Bloom

I've grown a few sour d from crop King. Right now I have some going with white widow and white cookies. I saw you post in the feminized seed. Do you pollinate the same plant that you created the male pollen?

re: Sour Diesel & Girl Scout Cookies In Coco - 50W LED Veg - 315W CMH Bloom

And I like the mainlining. I will definitely be sticking around to watch this one.

I've grown a few sour d from crop King. Right now I have some going with white widow and white cookies. I saw you post in the feminized seed. Do you pollinate the same plant that you created the male pollen?

Yes, the feminized plant is forced into throwing male pollen sacks and this is used to pollinate flowers on the same plant.

Cheers.

Wow, these ladies are going now. Just amazed at how short the internodes are. Only about 1/4"-1/2" apart with these lights. Each plant has one 45w chinese spiderman led that put out an actual 22w each. For only 22w, this is amazing. The heat in my cab sits at around 76 degF. So, this will have to do for now. Even tried a 315w CMH and that was too hot too. Happy with the LED's and picked them up for only $22 each. The first pics are before the defoliation and training and building the manifold, and the next ones are after. I'm going to let the side shoots start to grow and pick the strongest ones and trim the rest. I'm hoping for 15 strong colas on each plant. Last pic is of everything I trimmed. Cheers!

IMG_49907.JPG

IMG_499113.JPG

IMG_498610.JPG

IMG_498711.JPG

IMG_498911.JPG

IMG_499213.JPG

IMG_499411.JPG

I will take some clones to make the feminized seeds after they grow back a bit, then flip to 12/12.

Thanks for checking them out.

Yep. 315w CMH for the win. The bloom bulb I have is a Philips 3100k. just waiting for my seed stock weed to finish up before i move them over to the bloom cab. Just took the cuts for cloning to make my own feminine seeds yesterday.

Update:

Just stareted floweing one week ago. They are looking good. I'm hoping I can start to tell which one is whitch soon. One already looks like it's more Indica dominate based on it's broader leaves.

Also, looks like I picked up some fungus gnats or something. Yuk.

IMG_507114.JPG

IMG_507212.JPG

IMG_507312.JPG

IMG_507415.JPG

Mid-week three update. I can now tell which plant is which based off the aroma. I have never smelled either strain before, but it is clear which one is sour and which one is not. It's a very pleasent sour aroma thats hard for me to describe. Anyway, i added a little high phosphorus bat guano to both. Here are the pics:

Sour D First

IMG_564510.JPG

IMG_564811.JPG

Girl Scout Cookies:

IMG_56466.JPG

IMG_56478.JPG

And both of them together

IMG_564910.JPG

The one with the fly paper is he GSC.

One thing to note, the clones are not doing well. Also, two seeds I popped have stopped growing and are stunted and yellowing. I'm going to have to do some diagnostics later. But just scoped this fucker:

IMG_559913.JPG

IMG_55939.JPG

IMG_55975.JPG

This was scoped at 60x. Purple translucent body with antenna and a fat body. Any ideas on what is is?

End of Week 6 update:

Damn! These two little girls are stinking up this whole house. Like, I'm worried about the smell going where it shouldn't go. I realize I need to get a sealed room, but is just not possible at this time. Will look at trying to build an enclosed garden shed 8'x8' soon. But for now, summer is movimg on and temps are just barely beginning to drop a little. The girls like it a bit cooler. The little flies (fungus nats?) are subsiding. Ladies are finishing up. Looks like I will begin flushing soon. I got to say, the aroma from these two is jaw dropping. I will really try to dry these buds so low and slow to try to preserve the smell and color as much as possible. In the past, its clear I have been drying too fast. I've cured three batches now and each one is better than the last. It's so true how much the drying process has an impact on the final product. I just had to go through the process to really understand. On to the photos.

GSC First.

IMG_570513.JPG

IMG_57069.JPG

IMG_570414.JPG

IMG_571611.JPG

IMG_571511.JPG

IMG_570911.JPG

Now the Sour D. The smell is, like, intoxicating. Never smoked or seen any first hand. Amazing.

IMG_572510.JPG

IMG_572611.JPG

IMG_572412.JPG

IMG_572313.JPG

IMG_572214.JPG

IMG_572112.JPG

As always, I appriciate any comments or suggestions. Without climate control, these girls are small, but that's okay for now. I will get it dialed in soon and go from seeds to trees.

Update: just took the girls down yesterday. I may get a couple ounces each out of them, maybe. But that's not the important thing. Just practicing and dialing my program in. It's going to be some dank weed.

So, now, I have taken a couple clones that were badly suffering for a few weeks. Stunted, hanging on for dear lifekx. Well, they bounced back and are now looking much better. These clones will be self seeded to make S1 seeds from. I'll let them grow up some more and flip tue switch to 12/12. I use a special herbal spray that will cause pollen to form in one little spot I speay and will use that to pollenate the same plants. It will works great.

Anyway, on to the photos of the clones. I also have Great White Shark and LSD in the photos that I will be starting a new journal on. Jut added a second 315w CMH. the temps are cooling down now, so we are gonna max these bitches out.

Sad looking Sour Diesel. It's coming back though and will be awesome.

IMG_575712.JPG

Girl Scout Cookies

IMG_575411.JPG

All four in the new area with the 2x 315w CMH.

IMG_576111.JPG

IMG_576012.JPG

That's it for now. Happy to hear any comments.

Update: here are some new pictures of the girls. I flushed them today because they could not seem to shake this deficiency. I thought it was nitrogen at first, then Magnesium. Then figured it was a pH problem. Runoff was at 900ppm and at about 6.5pH. Hopefully the flush will get them back on track. They are growing well. Seem the be happier than they have in the recent past. Gonna transplant hem into 10 gallon pots soon.

On to the pics.

Group shot. Sour D on the right, back.
IMG_578910.JPG

GSC
IMG_57855.JPG

Another GSC
IMG_57846.JPG

Sour D. The smallest, most problem child of the bunch. Really starting to bounce back tho.
IMG_57835.JPG

Another LSD with the low stress training.
IMG_57826.JPG

The LDS before low stress training.
IMG_57806.JPG

Well, that's all I have for now. I was actually really saddened by my yeild and the tiny buds from the first round of these plants so I am going to really try to blow these up. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Okay. Here are the pics. Newly transplanted from 3 gallon to 10 gallon smart pots. That was more work than I though. Phweh! 10 gallons of coco coir is heavy!

Just for the record and incase anyone is out there and wants to know, I measured the TDS of the runoff from my coco (Coco Tek) compressed bricks and it came in at 500ppm before rinsing. My water is at 200, so this is about 300ppm of salt from freshly expanded coco coir from these guys. I personally dont think that qualifies as low EC as their bag advertises. However, i rinsed the sheit out of it and got it down to about 240ppm, just 40 over my tap water, so that's good. No wonder why the gals were so stunted for so long. They had all that salt to work through.

Anyway, did about 70% coir, 30% worm, and some perlite and rice hulls for the fun of it.

The pics are funny becasue the plants look the same size as the photos above, but they are now in 10 gal, not 3 gal. Lol. They actually are a lot bigger.

Sour D

IMG_580212.JPG

GSC

IMG_57988.JPG

Group shot

IMG_58109.JPG

So, thats about it. These clones are gonna make some fine seeds. The Sour D is on the top Left And the GSC is on the top right. And thats a new blueberry seedling on the bottom. What a great group of genetics. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

Okay, long awaited update:

Here is a quick recap I am putting up that is the same for my other two plants in my other grow journal. These are the clones of the GSC and Sour D I was going to make feminized seeds with, however I realized too late that I can only make one type of seed at a time or risk cross polination. So, due to the fact I still have one seed of each left, I'm going to let them flower out for good smoke. I have a GWS that is in my oter grow that I do not have any more seeds of, so I'll seed that one.

And there we are. Here is where we are:

3 months later, these girls are back on track. Maybe my mistakes can help others. Here's what went wrong:

1. Looks like my pH was too high. I was watering in at what I thought was 6-6.2 but this was too high. Runoff was 7-7.5. I was getting serious nute lock-out. They stopped growing, got massive yellowing and necrotic leaves. They were dieing before my eyes. I flushed the pots out real well. Started watering in nutes at 5.5-5.8 and they are responding MUCH better. Took a couple months to figure this out and get things back on track.

2. I was running a 14/10 light schedule and this was not enough to keep them in veg. I felt because they were sick I should reduce the amount of light. That's a good idea, but it should not reduce tye hours of light, just the intensity while they recover. They started flowering and I had to change the time to 18/6 to force them back into veg. I also cut them back and they started to really bush out. All the new growth was the predicted mutants. They are nice and green now, growimg very fast, but they look freaky with the new leaf growth. I hope they straighten out so I can get them back into flower. They will turn into monsters.

So, all these mistakes, while I have been able to keep them alive, have meant these girls have been in veg for half a year now. The stocks are thick and I want to get them to the finish line. I have learned a lot and am ready to move onto flower and get them done. Here are the photos. Freaky, no?

Girl Scout Cookies

BE2EFA21-07BC-4D44-9CCD-82F59A154A72.jpeg

4669B45A-BABB-4917-B4D0-8CA299AE86A0.jpeg

Sour D

835D0EB1-0F6F-4481-AADE-67FD3E15722C.jpeg

F0B4D21E-6F95-4526-B599-0EEABA6AA3EC.jpeg

Thanks for sticking it out with me. I got a Blueberry rolling now too. I need to finish these out and then I will just focus on one strain at a time. Whew. This is harder than I thought. Just need to get a handle on it and I think I,m close.

Here s a little update. I have got them growing alongside the LSD and GWS so they have morphed into the same schedule. Its weird because the SOUR D seems to be drinking water much faster than the GSC . it's also much taller. The SOUR D is about 4 feet tall in its 10 gallon fabric pot and the GSC is about three. I'm watering 2 gallons of water every three days or so. The Sour D almost looks like it's ready to wilt by then. I will keep ann eye. They look like they are just now barely beginning to show normal gtowth. Still a little zombie leaves showing up, but it's switching back to normal. I should hope to put them into flower soon. Right now feeding them Floranova grow, biocozyme, bioAg Fulvic, Botanicare CalMag+, kelp me kelp you, recharge, and pH balancing with GH pH down. Alternating every two-three days with nutes and then plain water. Let me know what you think. Temps have been getting into the high 80's and humidity stays below 30. I would like to control that better, but just cannot now. The fungus gnats love it. Just trying to keep them at bay with sticky traps.

Sour D

D31E948D-0177-425B-A725-F8F50F9F2914.jpeg

Girl Scout Cookies

E21FDEE4-93E7-4C07-8BAD-822269C4C86C.jpeg

Thanks for looking.

Back
Top Bottom