Darkgemini's Outdoor Bagseed Guerilla Grow 2017

darkgemini

Hi everyone. This is my first journal, but by far not my first grow. I grow a bit every year, but i decided to share this particular patch this year, just because it was so unconventional. This patch went through hell, but is actually exceeding my expectations by a lot. As of this post we are in the plants 21st week. Ive taken pictures almost every week since germination. Ok, lets get on with it.

The strain? These babies are from a mixed collection of bagseed from some bricked mids. Yea not the best, but i like the variety from unstable genetics, believe it or not.

They're being visited by me once a week for watering, nutes, and maintenance.

Again, these plants fell victim to circumstances over and over again. A lot of you are gonna look these pictures and be like "what the hell are you doing, man?" But just remember, im experimenting here. Seeing what works and what doesnt. That being said, lets get things rolling.

GERMINATION

germination12.JPG
germination21.JPG

They were started in Jiffy peat pellets, then transferred to small Jiffy pots. I used coco coir with some perlite as the medium. only nutrients given at this stage was a weak solution of kelp extract in the water. They were in a small homemade grow box under 6 CFLs. The date was March 11.

WEEK 4

Well this is where the first real problem came into play. I had to get the plants out of the house due to unavoidable circumstances. I had planned on letting them grow in the box for another couple weeks. I had just begun preparing holes and only had one large planting area dug out that wouldve been good for 2, maybe 3 plants. I had to use it for all of them. I had to get creative later on to make this work, but here they are the day I put them in the ground. It was the very end of March, and I was scared. Sunlight was at about 14 hours, and I was worried they might go into flower. It didnt happen though, thankfully. They survived at least two frosts, that Im aware of. These plants were troopers!

iphone_291.JPG
iphone_292.JPG

As you can see, it was so early, there was literally no other plant growth around anywhere. I was scared for them!

WEEK 5

As you can see in week 4, there was quite a bit of shock to these plants. They were grown under 24 hour light indoors, had no hardening off period, and the pots were carried to the area in a plastic grocery bag. A couple were goers before they got there. a couple more would die from the shock. But the ones that survived, took to the environment like crazy. Unfortunately there hadnt been much time to prepare and ammend that planting hole. All it really got was two bricks of coco coir, and a small amount of osmocote timed nutes (14-14-14). So I was gonna have to use chemical nutrients instead of relying on the good organics i like. I went with everyones favorite brand- Miracle Grow. I used Miracle Grow Natural Organic for the first month or so, then switched to a combination of All Purpose, Mixed with Bloom Booster. I changed the ratio according to plant development and what I felt like it needed more of at the time. Anyways, you can see how well the ones that survived took to the new surroundings.

WEEK 7

Week 7 and theyre growing quick still. This is where I had to start doing something about the crowding. After I took these pictures, I found some sticks to use as stakes, and training day began!

iphone_523.JPG
iphone_524.JPG
iphone_525.JPG
iphone_526.JPG
iphone_527.JPG
iphone_528.JPG
iphone_529.JPG
iphone_530.JPG
iphone_531.JPG

That little one in the middle survived some major shock and came back. The main stem had died all the way down to the first node. But you can see, It started branching early. Its still alive today. One shoot took dominance over the rest eventually, and it looks like a normal plant except at the base.

WEEK 8

Week 8 and we're growing along good. Training them in different directions, away from one another.

iphone_567.JPG
iphone_568.JPG
iphone_569.JPG
iphone_570.JPG
iphone_571.JPG
iphone_572.JPG
iphone_573.JPG
iphone_574.JPG
iphone_575.JPG
iphone_577.JPG
iphone_578.JPG

Something was eating the crap outta that one, I sprayed it with some insecticideal soap, but it would still be awhile before the problem cleared up. I suspect slugs now, but couldnt say for sure. Never saw them at the time. That pic with my hand is for leaf size comparison.

WEEK 10

Im adding stakes almost every week at this point. Though they were forced to share a root zone, I was succesfully able to train them to grow in different directions. Amanda and Brittany really took to being grown vertically. Brittany in particular, would later do some massive branching. Ricki and Brianna didnt like the training so much. Both ended up with a couple kinked stems, but it never really seemed to hinder their progress. Brianna would grow tall and bushy (never topped or FIMed it) and Ricki would grow fast, real tall with some massive leaves. It didnt branch much until much later. i suspect Rickis pretty strong on the sativa side. Becca did ok for awhile, but got attacked by slugs really badly. Its since recovered, but hasnt looked healthy since. New growth is twisted and sickly looking. At this point in week 10, however, it still looks good. I just let Colleen grow straight, since she was in the middle. Anyways, heres week 10s pics:

iphone_712.JPG
iphone_713.JPG
iphone_714.JPG
iphone_715.JPG
iphone_716.JPG
iphone_717.JPG
iphone_718.JPG

Back
Top Bottom