First Attempted Outdoor Bag Seed Grow In Soil 2017

420GoddessxX

So I decided it's probably best to start a journal on here. I've keep some notes along the way and I have pics from start until now. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Temps reaching 102 daily. Worried its getting too hot. Would it hurt them to finish inside. I'm starting to see preflowers and I'm thinking their female but not 100%. A few years back I took a stab at the growing but we got clones and they were already in flower. A friend had a set-up and they got spider mites and he was gonna trash em and start over. We took them and researched what to do and found an orchard selling mites that eat spider mites . Worked like a charm. It was an indoor grow of 20 silver haze clones. This outdoor grow is completely different since I'm taking my chances with the bag seed. They both popped out of the same nug and it was some pretty fire bug to say the least so I was shocked to see the seeds but they germinated quick and all I did was the damp paper towel in a ziplock bag left open I put it outside and let it stay warm.

This a current photo of them as of yesterday 7/29.
420-magazine-mobile1177154255.jpg

420-magazine-mobile820227195.jpg
420-magazine-mobile474795224.jpg

Subbed in! In the outdoors temps arent as big a concern as indoors. As long as they are well watered, they should be ok. Maybe add some hydroponic kelp extract to your watering. Its worked great for me in preventing heat shock indoors and frost damage outdoors. Opinions on that vary though, thats just my 2 cents.

Subbed up. Welcome to :420:

Your girls are doing wonderful in the current temps. :thumb: This is one of those, if it ain't broke don't fix it situations.

I said girls, but one can't really tell yet.

If you move them inside you have to think about getting them good light. Whatever bugs they might have don't have the outdoor predators, etc,

You aren't likely to have too damp ot too cold conditions as they flower, which is what most outdoor growers worry about. (Also nosy neighbors.)

That larger plant might be root bound by now. You might consider moving both of them into larger pots, 5 gallon bucket minimum, 10 gallon would be better. Into the ground would be good too :)

I like to cut along the sides of the root ball with scissors and sprinkle on rooting powder when I transplant, it helps the plant grow new roots that spread out in the larger container.

They look good, I cannot see any temperature shock on the leaves. Some strains get stressed and some don't. You've got one gal there at least, that's a female pre-flower. You might repot them for bigger yield, but if keeping low profile is important start training them before flowering and look out for signs of being rootbound.

subbed in as well, as we're in the same part of the world . your babies are lookin extremely well . 102* today w/ 57% h in my backyard ...

Subbed in! In the outdoors temps arent as big a concern as indoors. As long as they are well watered, they should be ok. Maybe add some hydroponic kelp extract to your watering. Its worked great for me in preventing heat shock indoors and frost damage outdoors. Opinions on that vary though, thats just my 2 cents.
They do get watered more frequently the bigger they get and the hotter it gets and they have always responded well to the sun and heat. I usually move them at least twice a day to stay in the sun. When I repotted the smaller one into a pot twice it's size it immediately perked up and has been growing non stop.

They look good, I cannot see any temperature shock on the leaves. Some strains get stressed and some don't. You've got one gal there at least, that's a female pre-flower. You might repot them for bigger yield, but if keeping low profile is important start training them before flowering and look out for signs of being rootbound.
What would the symptoms of root bound be?

What would the symptoms of root bound be?
They get droopy, start showing nitrogen-like deficiencies, call for water often and lose shine. It's easy to tell really, which is why I only use air-pots for potted plants.

Subbed up. Welcome to :420:

Your girls are doing wonderful in the current temps. :thumb: This is one of those, if it ain't broke don't fix it situations.

I said girls, but one can't really tell yet.

If you move them inside you have to think about getting them good light. Whatever bugs they might have don't have the outdoor predators, etc,

You aren't likely to have too damp ot too cold conditions as they flower, which is what most outdoor growers worry about. (Also nosy neighbors.)

That larger plant might be root bound by now. You might consider moving both of them into larger pots, 5 gallon bucket minimum, 10 gallon would be better. Into the ground would be good too :)

I like to cut along the sides of the root ball with scissors and sprinkle on rooting powder when I transplant, it helps the plant grow new roots that spread out in the larger container.
Thank you for that tip I think I'll do that tomorrow so I can go get some pots and more soil.

Then getting sad really quickly, drinking a lot and being hella temperamental...to be specifically vague lol
Glad you started a journal!!!!!!!!

Haha me too...the advice is wonderful. I'm thinking of topping the smaller one just to experiment but id hate to mess something up. Also I started finding little pin holes in cluster form and under side of the leaf is a small little catterpiller worm thing....
420-magazine-mobile1428092153.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1142627483.jpg

I'm Assuming leaf miners I was reading about them. They do move fast I took the suggestion to remove the infected leaves and luckily there wasn't many and the smaller one doesn't have any I can see so far... But that Doesn't mean they aren't there.....

I'm Assuming leaf miners I was reading about them. They do move fast I took the suggestion to remove the infected leaves and luckily there wasn't many and the smaller one doesn't have any I can see so far... But that Doesn't mean they aren't there.....

I agree with leaf miners. You probably got most of them by removing the leaves.

Well the leafminers had a blast in my garden so I went to the store I got some neem oil and gave them babies a bath yesterday. And then it rained this morning and I don't know how well it worked so I'm probably going to have to spray them again later.
420-magazine-mobile920230352.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1438447835.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1535113224.jpg

Back
Top Bottom