Cinderella99 - Soil - 600W HID - 4x4 tent

Hootenanny

Welcome to my Journal!

I've been loitering around the forums for a little while now, I liked the vibe I was getting and thought it would be helpful for me to have a journal to look back on, and get advice from others along the way given this is my first grow!
I am still waiting on seeds in the mail, which I ordered 2 weeks ago so fingers crossed they get here any day.. but I just finished setting up my new tent and was a little excited so i thought I would get this started.

Now for a little info about what I will be doing...

I'll be growing Cinderella99 from Female Seeds. Its a mostly Sativa hybrid, though it supposedly doesn't get as high as most sativas. I've seen 3 possible phenos in other journals from the same seed supplier, a stretchy sativa dominant, a more compact "grapefruit" and a compact "pineapple" variant. I'm hoping to find a compact pineapple to take clones from.

I'll be growing in an ~60%Organic potting mix, mixed with ~10% Compost and ~30% perlite. I have a bag of seedling mix to start the seeds off in though.

Starting out in small seedling pots under 4x39w T5s and then going to up pot to a 6L (1.5G) pot under a dimmed HID working my way up to 100% and then again to a 25L (6G) pot before switching to Bloom.

I'll be feeding with compost teas, worm liquid, seaweed extract, fish emulsion and molasses.

I am set up carbon filter ---> 600w air cooled hood ---> 390cfm inline fan ---> venting into the roof.

DSC_061813.JPG

I still have to get a small fan to create some airflow in the tent, other than that I think I'm good to go :high-five:

I've grown C99 a few years back, I should have kept her!
Very easy to grow, the smell is very low, and great high! :thumb:

From what I have read online it definitely ticks all the right boxes! Of the strains you've grown, which has been your favourite?

Noob growers unite! Good luck with the grow.

Thanks for stopping by.. everyone has to start somewhere!

So a small update

Seeds arrived on friday, which was a relief! It was ironic, but the day after placing my order i heard on the radio that the police had been cracking down on contraband arriving by mail, that they had intercepted over 1000 pieces of mail with a particular focus on items coming from the uk...

DSC_062214.JPG

I soaked 5 x c99 in water for 24 hours then stuck them in 100mm pots with seedling mix about 10mm deep in soil.

Picked up a little heater, so the tent has been 23-24 C, though the humidity is low @ ~30% .. currently under 2x39w t5s at 24/0 but once they pop their heads up i have another 2x39w t5

Will set a fan up pointed at a wet towel hanging out of bucket this arvo to try and get the RH higher.

DSC_062313.JPG

That's all for now, hopefully I have some babies to show in the next few days :Namaste:

From what I have read online it definitely ticks all the right boxes! Of the strains you've grown, which has been your favourite?
C99 is on the top, and there's the Skunk #1 which was great, but the smell!!! :laugh:

Day 7

So far only 4 have sprouted, and i am not holding much hope for the 5th... but who knows? stranger things have happened :smokin:

Of the four that have sprouted one has 3 first leaves and is getting noticeably smaller than the rest with each passing day.

Here's a pic for comparison

DSC_063211.JPG

And a close up of the small one from a few days ago

DSC_063112.JPG

and what the other three look like at 7 days

DSC_063515.JPG

I had a look under the pots this morning and i can see a few small roots through the bottom, wont be far off up potting to a ~4L pot :thumb:

PS - Sorry for the out of focus shots, still getting used to taking shots with soo much light!

Day 12

I held off potting up for a few days as i had read that the tap root will show out the bottom really early but does not mean the plant is ready for transplant yet.. So i waited until today (day 12) and transplanted 3.

I had a nice surprise at day 9 when the 5th seed made a late appearance and joined the rest of the gang. So i still have the late show and the tri leaf mutant which has fallen a little behind to transplant.

Transplant went well for the three i did do, it had been 3 days since watering, so the tops were a bit crumbly and I think it would of held together better with only two days after water.. next time ;)

Here they are day of transplant, minus one I had already done. I'm thinking there is two different phenos between the one on the left and the one up top. Can also see the mutant, and the late arrival.

DSC_063716.JPG

Healthy set of roots on day 12.

DSC_063817.JPG

In their new homes.

DSC_063913.JPG

I also changed over to the metal halide dimmed to 60% or roughly 400w, on day 10, I started them out about 120cm and have moved the light a bit closer each day.

I wanted to get them used to the light for a few days before transplant, and now they have been transplanted they've got a few days until I top them at the 3rd node and start to LST the two new branches. Not sure yet if i will then top both of those, see how we go with round 1 first..

:Namaste:

Looks like a nice set up, and a good selection of seeds.Best of luck to you.

I'm subbed you definitely have done some serious research.

I've done a little, and researching along the way :welcome:

Nice job Hoot. The c99 kicks ass. Fast growth, fast flower, frosty as hell, sticky and stanky, whats not to love. Keep up the good work. Definately subbed for this grow. :thumb:

Hopefully i can do it justice and get some of those nice lookin sticky / stanky that everyone loves! :high-five:

Day 18

Not much progress, plants really stalled in growth after transplant, just an update so i can keep track of dates and what I have done for future grows.

After transplanting the grow ground to a halt... two days after, they were looking better so I topped the two that had their fourth node at the third.

DSC_064314.JPG

Around day 15 I transplanted the mutant leafed seedling into a bigger pot, the roots weren't as developed as the first lot i had transplanted.

A day after that I gave them all a foliar spray of seasol mixed 1ml/L

I put an aerated compost tea on to brew, simply :

2 cups of compost
1/2 cup of unsulfured mollasses
20L of filtered water (no chlorine)

bubbled for 36hours

The vegetable garden got the majority of it, then i diluted 50:50 with water a little bit and gave some to the plants until run off. It had been 5 days since last watering which was at their transplant.

DSC_064415.JPG

Something else worth noting, when changing to the bigger light and starting to use the exhaust fan it has been hard to keep the RH% above 32%.

Take away lesson is, don't try and get soo much done in such a short space of time.. Too much shock, and stopped growth for a few days. On the plus side, its given the late arrival a chance to gain some ground on the others.

I'll grab a seat for this one. Just getting my own started

Welcome, I'll have to check out your journal :welcome:

Solid start, I am in.

It was going good, but last few days things haven't been going soo well... Stick around, I'm sure things will recover :thumb:

Day 22

So the the plants that got transplanted have continued to go down hill, what I initially thought was a bit of transplant shock worsened and this morning a few of the leaves had gone from yellowing to crisped...

DSC_064514.JPG
DSC_064710.JPG
DSC_064616.JPG

I'm thinking too much light? It was about 45cm (~14") from the plants, I didn't pick up on the upturned leaves because only one of the plants was doing it. I have now lifted the light to about 60cm (24") fingers crossed they recover.

I also have a few fungus gnats flying about, maybe ~10 in the tent.. not sure if this is worth worrying about?

I only watered every 4-5 days (feeling the top couple of cm of soil to check it was dry) I watered yesterday with ~3ml/L of seasol, as initially the bottom leaves were first to yellow and I thought a small amount of nutrients might help them.

The late arrival has continued to catch up and isn't showing any signs of stress like the others, though it is a bit lower than the others due to the smaller pot. It was throwing some doubt into the diagnosis! :hmmmm:

DSC_064814.JPG

Any recommendations, or what I should be doing differently? I don't want things to get worse or lose them! :Namaste:

Update

All my problems stemmed from the compost tea i made, too much mollasses! Turned the soil acidic and plants went downhill quick..

After a flush and ~3ml of seasol powerfeed mixed into 2L of water they had begun to bounce back.

DSC_064915.JPG

Darker foliage and new growth..

However, I bumped into an old family friend at the shops who asked me how things had been going, I told him of my woes and he said he had 2 mangolicious clones that he had no room for and I could have them. I went and picked them up.

The clones had been grown in coco, they were in about 3L pots, and one of them was on its way to being root bound.

So I went to the shops picked up a 50L bag of Canna coco, 1L bottles of house & garden coco A&B and 2x 34L pots.

DSC_065219.JPG

Here they are freshly transplanted.

DSC_065011.JPG

The clones were monster cropped so were quite bushy, I did a little LST.

DSC_065110.JPG

And a few hours later... looking good :high-five:

DSC_065314.JPG

It was sad to throw the C99 out, but it felt like starting from these clones would be the quickest path to buds.

Hopefully a Mod can change my thread name to Hootenanny's perpetual trials and tribulations.

Glad you figured it out hoot. When the ph is off nothing works as it should. Good luck with the new strains. They look great. Wish i had friends like that. The mods can change your thread title. Just hit the little triangle and let them know.

Back
Top Bottom