RIP Harambe 1G/W+

steppedinds

5th journal fixing to start. Got 6 Gorilla Glue #4 clones from a friend from 3 different plants. They are starting in the closet, I will cut clones for mothers when they get large enough, and they will finish in the tent. I got them last week, put them in 6" cubes earlier tonight and soaked them in Flora Series wk1 schedule. I may/may not swap to AN at some point during this grow or next.

Clones are recovering. Took the lid off a little early and they dried up. Should be fine though. LSTd them tonight and swapped them to week two. Watering by hand every other day
420-magazine-mobile38366696.jpg
420-magazine-mobile651473094.jpg

Day 11 - Girls are looking good:thumb: One didn't turn out so well, but was weak when I got it. The other 5 look great. They are under the Mars 1200 on veg mode, flower turned off. I flood them really good every 2-3 days, and will continue until I see roots developing underneath. About this time I'll take clones from each one when they get big enough to become future mothers, or a SOG, and plant them in some really small air pots so I can stack a bunch of mother plants in as little space as possible.

Looking at seeds to order for new mothers. Would like to get at least 6 different strains of mothers going, so open to all suggestions. I want a little of everything. Something fruity, something spicy, something to put you on your ass, but my friends mostly enjoy the taste over the stone. It's good to have something every now and again to put you out, but most want something that tastes good that will still allow them to function throughout the day.

Edit: also rearranged them after watering tonight to allow them more space without coming into contact with each other. When they get bigger I will start spreading them out. I do think the other plant is going to survive, though I may just cull it. Will probably only do 3 total weeks of veg, not including seeding/cloning stage for a quick flip before Christmas

IMG_016558.JPG
IMG_016656.JPG
IMG_016755.JPG

Day 17 - Did a medium/heavy defoliation of the large fan leaves today and adjusted the steaks further down the grown stalk to keep them lower to the ground. Didn't think to get any before pics, and kinda too lazy to get any after anyways lol. Also started them on wk2

Day 18 - Some quick pics after last nights light defoliation before I head to work. Removed all the large fan leaves blocking light to the lower nodes. Also, I'm in second place in the POM contest! So cool!

IMG_021954.JPG
IMG_022060.JPG
IMG_022159.JPG
IMG_022260.JPG
IMG_022367.JPG

They look pretty bare. But im no expert. I think it is better to leave as much as you can. Just removing the leaves blocking the light from getting the the lower nodes

They look pretty bare. But im no expert. I think it is better to leave as much as you can. Just removing the leaves blocking the light from getting the the lower nodes

Oh that was pretty light as far as defoliation goes. It' will stimulate those lower branches to grow, and later this afternoon I'm going to top them for clones. Those lower branches will then become the main colas. I'll take before/after shots. Going to try and get them in the tent before the weekend is here

Day 22 - Chopped them and made clones. Plants need some cleaning up. Will wait a few more days before I remove any more large leaves and worthless bottom nodes.

Before
IMG_022460.JPG
IMG_022865.JPG
IMG_022963.JPG
IMG_023063.JPG
IMG_022768.JPG
IMG_023165.JPG
IMG_023458.JPG

After

IMG_023557.JPG
IMG_024067.JPG
IMG_024155.JPG
IMG_024268.JPG
IMG_024361.JPG
IMG_024462.JPG
IMG_024768.JPG
IMG_023657.JPG
IMG_023756.JPG
IMG_023860.JPG

Day 26 AM - Babies are sleeping, but the new nodes are looking good. They have a nice spread so far and pretty even canopy. Once I get them in the tent they should spread out in the scrog nicely. Should be finished setting the tent back up tomorrow. Gonna put these girls on one side and the new set of clones on the other so I have a few weeks between crops. Gonna remove the lower nodes being light blocked during the move, may make those clones as well. The current clones are doing well. Didn't bother taking any pics, as there is no new growth... Was going to order a Blockbuster Air cooled hood for this round, but I guess I'll hold out.

IMG_030859.JPG
IMG_031054.JPG
IMG_031158.JPG
IMG_031261.JPG
IMG_031357.JPG
IMG_030963.JPG

I feel I can better answer this question a bit better now that I'm not as high and tired; I didn't go over it enough earlier.

So, to begin with I bent the plants down so the the lower nodes would get more light and get larger (and bending does not stress the plants at all, while still diverting hormones and light to lower noes). Then I gave the tops a week or so without bending so that they will grow straight up (bent away from the lower internodes so that they continue to receive light). The main colas are what I planned on taking clones from once they, and the lower nodes, got big enough. After topping/cloning the lower branches that have had a week or 2 to grow tall and possibly even produce a few internodes themselves become the main colas. There are now around half a dozen TOP colas on each plant instead of just one. The lower branches can be removed a week or so after topping to continue to reduce stress; I do this when I move them to my flowering tent. Now yes, every time you cut or damage your plant you are stressing it and slowing growth, BUT by increasing the amount of colas and the amount of square footage (and therefore light---> incresed photosynthesis) your plant takes up you will catch up and surpass what you lost very quickly. The more colas and the more even leveled the canopy then the better the light distribution and hormone distribution will be, and the more consistent your buds are going to be. Never remove the lower fan leaves, IMO. As long as they aren't blocking any nodes, leave them until they dry up and die so you know your plant is using them (UNLESS they are packed very tight and preventing air flow, you do not want to cause mold). I try to remove any lower internodes as soon as they start to reduce shock and reduce popcorn BS bud. Lots of people do a huge 15-20% lower branch removal, I think 2 weeks after flowering starts...don't quote me though

On another note,
Finishing up cleaning my tent tonight. Should have it finished soon, but gonna have to fill the res with RO so I'll have to wait till tomorrow for that. Got one tray cleaned out and all the old roots removed from the media and the drains. Drains were clogged pretty bad. Still gotta go through the other tray though. Just finished re-stringing the SCROG. Will definitely get another support trellis for this grow so they aren't toppling over. Got 5 GG#4s ready to go. Probably run them at least 10 days or so in the tent once I get it setup before flowering. Gonna put them all on the right side, and the next batch on the left. This will give me a little extra time for trimming and hopefully reduce the smell during flowering. I also moved my tent out of the corner a foot or more so that I can get to the back right window. I can now get to all 3 windows/doors, so tucking/defoliating/maintaining an even canopy should be a lot easier. Thought about ordering a new/better/name brand reflector. Blockbuster 8" vs my generic POS. I may end up ordering one...probably once flowering starts. Tomorrow or next when I move them to tent I'll get some more before/after pics before I remove the lower branches that aren't going to reach the SCROG before they get blocked out

Edit: Got the plants in the tent tonight. Will get some pics tomorrow before/after removing the lower branches and planting more clones. Light is on 50% for now. Will probably only run another 10 days or so...will see. Instead of having one side a few weeks ahead, and having to keep up with an extra resevoir, I may just stack up 10 or so plants for the other side to make up for the slack and run them at the same cycle... Second set of clones are doing good. Will get some pics of them tomorrow with the others

She thinks the tent is the greenhouse. Loves it in the tent and my closet, though I'm scared it's too bright for her
420-magazine-mobile235292102.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1765528134.jpg

Gonna trim them up tonight and finish planting. More pics incoming

Day 28 - Cleaned up the plants and made some more clones from the nodes that were going to be eventually overtaken (and to also increase air flow under the plants to reduce mold chance and fresh air to the stomata located on the bottom sides of the leaves). Removed all the fresh nodes that were not at the canopy, but left most of the lower fan leaves. Also, removed some of the larger fan leaves up top that were blocking out light to other colas. Took 6 more clones to add to the 5 from 6 days ago. I really do not want to have 2 separate reservoirs in the tent..so I may just wait on flowering and put all 11 clones on the other side and lollipop them. Got before and after pics of the trimmings...I wish I would have just taken them as I trimmed each plant instead of before I started and after. Most of the colas have reached the scrog, so I will start tucking and stop removing new nodes. I'll have the tray filled with hydroton before tonight and turn the Ebb and Flow on. Will only water every other day for first week until the roots grow out of the cubes then turn to 6 times per day

Before
IMG_031750.JPG
IMG_031850.JPG
IMG_031943.JPG
IMG_032044.JPG
IMG_032155.JPG
IMG_032251.JPG
IMG_032350.JPG
IMG_032450.JPG
IMG_032662.JPG
IMG_032748.JPG
IMG_032858.JPG