Grow Journal Blue Dream

Kp155

Hey everyone, I'm Ken. I'll be using this to document and discuss growing obviously. I'd appreciate any input or advice anyone might like to share or really any topics or questions anyone might have. Currently growing the infamous blue dream and 3 other plants that are a mystery to me (seeds were given to me).

So this is my second grow.. I recently discovered pistils on one of my smaller 3 plants so I decided to switch to flower. These were vegged two months under t5 fluorescents on a 18/6 cycle.

They are now under a 600w hps on a 12/12 cycle including my other two much larger Blue Dream plants that were vegged three months now. I frequently topped and did regular lst as you might be able to see in pictures. I should add I use heavy16 nutes.

Here are some pictures of the now new setup with all 5 plants under my hps:
(Blue- Dream)
(Red- Mystery)
(White- Possible autoflower?)
420-magazine-mobile550732294.jpg
420-magazine-mobile972085635.jpg
420-magazine-mobile130303080.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1552700475.jpg

Hi Ken. Glad you got a journal going. Your girls are looking nice and healthy. How big is your grow space?

If you don't mind I'll take a chair and hang out here.

Go right ahead. Space is somewhere around 8fth , 4.5 ft wide and length 5.5 feet. My hps is maybe two feet from my plants because I feel I'm seeing heat stress (happened on my last grow, also light leak could have caused my herms last time 2 of them)
420-magazine-mobile360542976.jpg

Temps were in the 80s earlier, humidity 50 I know it's not ideal. I've been working to make the right adjustments so I can get this second grow right. Last grow wasn't bad, seedy but smokes ok, also had to harvest week 5 due to unforeseen circumstances but still somewhat potent still had that fruity or citrus blue dream smell

Lighting height is a bit subjective. You want to be far enough away to avoid heat stress yet close enough to get good tight node spacing. I keep my 400 watt HPS lights at a height where the temperature at the top of the plants hovers around 80⁰F. I also use a fan to keep the air moving around the plants to help keep them cooler.

I have a tower cooling fan going and then I'm hanging an additional small fan just to push hot air from between my light and tops of plants. Right now the node spacing could be tighter but I figure that's better than heat stress. I'm trying to do anything I can do I dint stress herm them, like I've said I had two hermie a last time got big ok bud but I don't know if I stressed it or the seed genetics so I'm trying to be careful

I use have 16 at half dose. I feel it keeps giving me nute burn. And ppms? Not sure what that is but I try to keep the water I feed it between 6-6.5

Update: plants aren't too shabby. Watered yesterday with nutes. Light cycle 12/12 but on at night. I'm hoping this reduces heat stress. Couple of the smaller plants are showing pistils but neither of my larger blue dream are. Pictures included
420-magazine-mobile336102014.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1913599510.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1742737697.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2061859961.jpg

I think your feeding looks fine. Plants look good. I don't see enough tip burn to worry about. Biggest thing I have read about soil grows is people over watering. I have my mother plant in soil. I know this is not right by most but I don't water her until I notice the leaves dropping from lack of water. Not bad just a gentle starting to hang down. You know you hit the mark if 30 minutes later you look at the plant and the leaves are all standing up thanking you.

I know what you mean. It's not ideal but yea I went months on my first grow over watering. Tips are s little yellow but if they look good I won't think too much of it thanks

Once my light is on tonight I'll be looking for preflowers on my two big girls the blue dream if anyone has any insight on that

Back
Top Bottom