JustMeds Kilimanjaro Mist Cloner & Quad Tub RDWC No Airstones - 2017

JustMeds

What strain is it? Kilimanjaro
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? 100% Landrace Sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Clones are in DIY mist cloner
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor’s
Soil or Hydro? Hydro 4 plants
If soil... What size pot? 4 utility tubs in RDWC configuration.
Size of light? Quantum Board DIY 200-540 watt adjustable
Temp of Room/cab? 70-85 degree’s
RH of Room/cab? 40-60%
PH of media or res? 5.5-6.5
Type and strength of ferts used? Chem-gro dry mix. Will be starting low to determine what this sativa can take.

Welcome, if you choose to follow along with this grow please chime in often. Everyone’s input good or bad is something myself and others can learn from. I am a doit yourselfer by nature. When I see or hear something I find interesting I like to adapt what I can of it. I believe you will see that in the build of my mist cloner and the large tub RDWC system custom built to fit in the 4x4 tent. Is this system proven, NO. That is why I encourage all to present any input you have no matter how crazy you may think it is. You will be part of following these girls from beginning to end, good or bad.

I got the idea for growing with no air stones after reading a journal on another site titled “Could Air Stones Be Doing More Harm Than Good”. I am sure you can google it to find it. Then I came across @Scrogdawg’s build of his RDWC system which I really liked a lot. Then the build of my system started using some ideas from both. I added a 1/4 hp chiller to keep temps in check. Full details of my build of this can be found here, it morphed along the way. JustMeds Quad12 Build.

In reading many things about growing on the net aeroponics just interested me. After much reading I decided to build my Mist cloner. Only to discover that Rainforest built something similar in the past. It has currently been in use for 2 weeks. It really is in the testing phase but is showing great promise. That build can be found here. Cool mist cloner JustMeds

I discovered the Quantum boards and just knew that was a light I had to have. I ordered all the components and built the light that will be used in the tent. It is a clone of the HLG 550 as far as output goes. All components match what is in the HLG 550. I test ran that light to start our garden veggies for this year. After seeing how it performed, I ordered a kit with 2 more boards for a veg light. The big one can then be used just for flower.

In looking at the different nutrients everyone is using I came across dry nutrients from Chem-Gro. They came out with a blend just for cannabis in the last year. I will be using this as a base and then tweaking things as needed, as I go.

The grow tent is setup in an extra bedroom with a 8,000 BTU air unit in the window. I added a 6” fan and carbon filter to move air and remove smell. Having well water with over 200ppm out of the faucet I opted for a 150 gall day RO water system from Bulk Reef supply to help me control the water end of things.

I plan on growing Kilimanjaro this grow. This is a 100% landrace from all the info I can find. Below is the info I have found:

Kilimanjaro regular is a pure, early maturing African landrace cannabis sativa that comes from the hillsides of Mount Kilimanjaro in Kenya. The result of many years of endogenous breeding by the native tribesman who call it the "elephant killer". It is used by them in rituals, especially before hunting where it is prized for its "hyper" effect.
Kilimanjaro is a fantastic plant for growing in a greenhouse or completely outdoors, reaching a height of about 2.5 meters. It will produce good compact buds even in adverse conditions. Good mould resistance. Nice tasting with a powerful effect. Compared with some pure sativas the flowering period is not overly long at around 9-10 weeks. For indoor cultivation a vegetative period of 4 weeks should not be exceeded.

Cannabis genetics: Kenyan
Variety: Traditional pure bred land-race cannabis
Type: Pure sativa
Flowering: 9-10 weeks
Harvest: end of November outdoors northern hemisphere
Growing environment: Indoors/Greenhouse/Outdoors
THC level: 18.1% of total cannabinoids
Characteristics: powerful African sativa with good mould resistance

This plant sounded interesting and the fact of containing a sativa in a tent just makes it that much more fun. I will be copying some pictures from the builds listed above as they have the beginnings of the timeline needed to get everyone up to speed on what I am about to attempt here. If ambition and time permit you may even see some PLC control testing done during this grow.

If you have read this far please subscribe to this grow and let me know you are interested and following along. I am sure I will be able to use your help in the future as this is my first true grow.

re: JustMeds Kilimanjaro Mist Cloner & Quad Tub RDWC No Airstones - 2017

Lets start this off with a picture of MOM.

IMG_20170722_115937.jpg

This should have been the first pic, but here is the gal at 17 days old. She is the left plant. Feminized seed from World of Seeds.

IMG_20170617_212031.jpg

Started plants in soil to give myself time to get things built. Here she is at 22 days.
IMG_20170622_173102.jpg

Here she is under the 2 panel Quantum Board veg light at 26 days old.

IMG_20170626_184134.jpg
IMG_20170626_184237.jpg

Geez, look what I found... Wonder how I can incorporate this into the grow..

IMG_20170811_180019.jpg

Need to make a list of things to track.

PH
Water Temp
PPM
DO
Room Temp
Room RH%
Lights on/off
Power draw
Fan speed
Light control

This will be an elephant I think I will be eating a bite at a time... What you all think? Did I miss anything, chime in.

This will be an elephant I think I will be eating a bite at a time... What you all think? Did I miss anything, chime in.

Track EC instead of PPM. PPM is a mathematically derived number from electric conductivity. I live in commercial green house country and when I mention PPM to the big boy producers they look at me like I have a third eye.

Geez, look what I found... Wonder how I can incorporate this into the grow..

IMG_20170811_180019.jpg

Need to make a list of things to track.

PH
Water Temp
PPM
DO
Room Temp
Room RH%
Lights on/off
Power draw
Fan speed
Light control

So much potential. Good luck incorporating it, that'll give you an abundance of info. You can also use it to automate your system and trigger actions based on your inputs. Stick some electrodes in the soil to measure moisture and have it turn on a drip system when dry until it reads wet. I've always wanted an arduino to play with but don't necessarily have the tech know-how. It would be a fun experiment.

I'm in..I'll be over here....

I have some Reg Kilimanjaro seeds on there way to me as of yesterday. Can't wait to start them ...I'll be doing Hempy with them , hope to get a male as well
I Iove Kilimanjaro in oils, very energetic high

Permission to come aboard captain.

Long as you batten down the hatch's, this could be a rough ride..

Track EC instead of PPM. PPM is a mathematically derived number from electric conductivity. I live in commercial green house country and when I mention PPM to the big boy producers they look at me like I have a third eye.

Ya, I am switching my shit to know that. Not sure why they think they have to have so many ways to measure the same thing. When I start looking into probes I will be stuck with their output, what ever it is.

So much potential. Good luck incorporating it, that'll give you an abundance of info. You can also use it to automate your system and trigger actions based on your inputs. Stick some electrodes in the soil to measure moisture and have it turn on a drip system when dry until it reads wet. I've always wanted an arduino to play with but don't necessarily have the tech know-how. It would be a fun experiment.

I plan to use it more for tracking then automation. To be able to view the interaction of changes, from one change to the effects it had on others. No soil here, well mothers live in soil. Monitor the RH of the root zone in a HPA environment has the potential of doing the same thing.

I'm in..I'll be over here....

I have some Reg Kilimanjaro seeds on there way to me as of yesterday. Can't wait to start them ...I'll be doing Hempy with them , hope to get a male as well
I Iove Kilimanjaro in oils, very energetic high

Welcome, glad to have you.

I am wondering why there is very limited info on this strain? If you have grown it in the past any and all info you could pass on would be huge. I also hope you can glen something from this to maybe help you down the road on your grow of it.

Get yours from WOS? If you get a male and collect some extra pollen, I would like to discuss getting a future female satisfied.

Welcome, glad to have you.

I am wondering why there is very limited info on this strain? If you have grown it in the past any and all info you could pass on would be huge. I also hope you can glen something from this to maybe help you down the road on your grow of it.

Get yours from WOS? If you get a male and collect some extra pollen, I would like to discuss getting a future female satisfied.
I've never grown it but it's available at a local dispensary
It's my GF favorite strain

I've been trying to cross a few strains and would love a Kilimanjaro as a male for sure

I will be looking for a sweet spot on the feed of the girls in the mister. Plan to leave it as low as I can. I have not had a chance to check them yet today. Everything I have read with a fine mist type feed system the EC is always way less then other systems.

I am wondering why there is very limited info on this strain? If you have grown it in the past any and all info you could pass on would be huge.

Kilimanjaro is a pure sativa landrace from the mountain slopes of Tanzania, where it was originally cultivated for use in hunting and religious practice by the native population. Tribes commonly referred to this strain as the "elephant stomper" and utilized it for its energetic, hyper effects. Its aroma carries notes of lemony citrus and fruit, and Kilimanjaro's tall growth makes it ideal for outdoor or greenhouse gardens.

Kilimanjaro Strain Information - Leafly

Ya, seen that many times. Seems each site just keeps re-posting that info. What I was getting at was there is not much info out there for grow journals.

I am thinking the DO probe will be the first probe I add. I just have to know.... LOL

Back
Top Bottom