Dank Purple's First Grow

Dank Purple

Hey guys after subbing up and getting a feel for the community all my budz have urged me to start a journal of my own.
Setup:
5x5x8 vevosun mylar tent
1200 w equivalent LED
fox farm nutes.
Hahah as for method of hydro it has been evolving since i started. ill post some pics to catch u guys up on the adventure. Im almost 3 weeks along.
In short looking forward to some new buds and hopefully either i or you the subscriber learn a few things! Lets do this!
Here is a picture-venture for the last 3 weeks alot of upgrades along the way. Started sprouting
420-magazine-mobile2092604441.jpg

Showed roots, put in water
420-magazine-mobile971261189.jpg
look at the horrible setup i started with
420-magazine-mobile1718604083.jpg
did some miner upgrades with reflector tape and got a 1200w led
420-magazine-mobile1309177594.jpg
here come the other 3
420-magazine-mobile1831326026.jpg
2 learned to surf one decided to go soil and the other was weak so i tossed her
420-magazine-mobile111822055.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1399804657.jpg
ok got a tent closet was so tiny.
420-magazine-mobile1856155809.jpg
now were doing good got more lights too 2 1000w on either side
420-magazine-mobile2132041441.jpg
here is the soil .all bag seeds so i named them this is madiline
420-magazine-mobile928162800.jpg
the 2 surfing are lucile and grooty
420-magazine-mobile1383528493.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1142372429.jpg
ended up going with bubble buckets 5 gal. Res changing 18 gallon tub was a bitch
420-magazine-mobile362548733.jpg
also grooty was getting root rot and giving it to lucile but i saved them. Grooty was stunted hard. Here is lucile and madi
420-magazine-mobile62379698.jpg
madi
420-magazine-mobile816011716.jpg
skip some waiting and here they are now
420-magazine-mobile1725854414.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1373001729.jpg
420-magazine-mobile530649505.jpg
420-magazine-mobile990722489.jpg

Re: Quicks first everything ;grow, hydro, journal

Also my 2 L.A. kush have sprouted one had roots she is surfing the other is taking her sweet time in the propagation chamber
420-magazine-mobile853439495.jpg
420-magazine-mobile491802967.jpg
picked up a few more buckets for these 2. Now i need another air pump. And its already smelling great.. I need carbon filter and exhaust here really soon. But im really happy with them so far. Especially lucile. She is a bad bitch. Look at this undergrowth
420-magazine-mobile44638729.jpg

So far hydro is kicking soils ass.. But grooty got root rot so it slowed her way down.. She went downhill for like 2 ,3 days and then .bam pulled out.. Btw soil is happy frog and i know im risking alot growing organic shit in my tent with hydro.. But im watching, might really regret that but we will see.. opinions? The reason why i did that was i heard soil can hold down a mother plant way longer and easier than hydro. But i want lucile as my mother now..#fml might just clone her into a soil pot when the time is right.

Quick's First Everything Grow - Hydro Journal

So far hydro is kicking soils ass.. But grooty got root rot so it slowed her way down.. She went downhill for like 2 ,3 days and then .bam pulled out.. Btw soil is happy frog and i know im risking alot growing organic shit in my tent with hydro.. But im watching, might really regret that but we will see.. opinions? The reason why i did that was i heard soil can hold down a mother plant way longer and easier than hydro. But i want lucile as my mother now..#fml might just clone her into a soil pot when the time is right.

As long as you are clean and tidy and indoors, you shouldn't have a problem as long as you're not using organic nutes in the res

I noticed you have the rockwool in the soil. The plant looks like she's loving life but just be aware that RW retains water so try to water around it. If you get that stuff too wet you may wind up having to surgically remove as much of it as possible without disturbing the roots much. I made that mistake once and had to to the surgery to save em lol. Otherwise everything is looking good in here .

As long as you are clean and tidy and indoors, you shouldn't have a problem as long as you're not using organic nutes in the res

I noticed you have the rockwool in the soil. The plant looks like she's loving life but just be aware that RW retains water so try to water around it. If you get that stuff too wet you may wind up having to surgically remove as much of it as possible without disturbing the roots much. I made that mistake once and had to to the surgery to save em lol. Otherwise everything is looking good in here .
Honestly didnt even think about that.. Thanks for saving me a surgery. Plus i was gonna set up drip lines.. She would have drown for sure. You just saved her life i think. Thanks bro.

The water gets stale and causes root as well as stem rot, if left for long enough. Stunted one of my girls pretty badly and when I went in I saw all the rot. I'm a 100% hydro guy but I messed around with ocean forest soil in smart pots to start before I brought them outside to harden for the outdoor season. Out of four that were started in RW, only one had this issue but I did all four to be safe. Needless to say that one died lol

Quick's First Everything Grow - Hydro Journal

I believe you I just know it can be an issue and wanted to let him know what to look for if he ran into an issue. I think how you watered it through the cube most likely ensured the oxygen was always replaced and didn't allow it to get stale. Keep in mind you're also in coco . maybe the soil and the RW combination makes it more susceptible as opposed to coco

Back
Top Bottom