Intake: 4" vortex with a Horti Control Shroom filter
Exhaust: 6" vortex and 6" carbon filter
Soil: Promix Organic Herb and Veggie mix
Strains: Opium and Atomical Haze from THC Biomed,
Temp:25-28C (78.6-82.4F) lights on 20-24C lights off
Humidity: 40-60%
Nutes: General Organics GO Box
Water: Filtered 0-10 ppm @ 6.9-7.1PH
Feed: I add calmag until 120-150 ppm, then add nutes, right now only giving 200-300 ppm
PH of water with nutes: 5.8-6.0
Co2: intake pulls from a window, 20lb tank and regulator
Primary Info source: Ed Rosenthal's Grower's Handbook

Second grow ever, first grow unfortunately had a spider mite issue and potentially a microscopic mite as well.
This is a new isolated sealed tent with a hepa filtered air intake, in a room very very far from the old one.

My ACMPR medical license allows 30 plants, so these two will get cloned a few times before heading into flower and I will probably get a few more strains shortly. Sadly I had to toss/destroy 6 other strains in the last grow.. (still trying to save 2 or 3 of them)

Looking forward to these ladies staying pest free! now that I, unfortunately, fully understand the importance of preventative measures.

20170815_205008.jpg
20170815_204958.jpg
20170815_204926.jpg

Day 3 after arriving

Hey Suntana!! I actually read most of if not all of your grow journal last night before posting mine!

I actually wanted to ask you about it..
My first grow I ordered nebula, and it arrived looking like death and within a week or two my entire garden annihilated itself with very odd red leaf edges spreading too fast, twisted growth and eventually just entire plant dying. I thought maybe a microscopic mite.. But no proof.

This time around i ordered three clones with one being nebula, it arrived looking good like these two, but day 2 it very quickly exhibited the same symptoms and this time i tossed it immediately instead of trying to save it, and let it spread.

Then I noticed you had actually mentioned one of your nebula was suspect for broad mites... This concerned me VERY MUCH... I was happy to see you made it all the way to harvest without any troubles, but if i recall correctly you discarded the suspect plant and potentially inadvertently did a heat treatment when exhaust fan timer failed?

What are the chances that the the biomed nebula mother is actually infested?? I took usb microscope pics as soon as the clones arrived (have continuous video footage of myself unboxing and then immediately scoping ) and I saw many many many tiny circles that might have been eggs.. But zero movement.. Finally decided it's more likely thc glands that are undeveloped (bottom of leaf??) And placed all three in tent together. Nebula dead within a 48 hours.

I did a heat treatment last night getting my tent floor to 38C and 47C midway height in the tent.

Looking forward to seeing what happens.

I am a fan of biomed pricing, selection, staff and experience.. Except for the fact I have an ugly gut feeling that tells me that either nebula is infested and they don't know it or they are intentionally sending infested clones to get you to fail growing and repurchase or give up... I really don't like that three nebula clones all showed BM signs, two for me one for you... Thoughts?? @Suntana

Hey Suntana!! I actually read most of if not all of your grow journal last night before posting mine!

I actually wanted to ask you about it..
My first grow I ordered nebula, and it arrived looking like death and within a week or two my entire garden annihilated itself with very odd red leaf edges spreading too fast, twisted growth and eventually just entire plant dying. I thought maybe a microscopic mite.. But no proof.

This time around i ordered three clones with one being nebula, it arrived looking good like these two, but day 2 it very quickly exhibited the same symptoms and this time i tossed it immediately instead of trying to save it, and let it spread.

Then I noticed you had actually mentioned one of your nebula was suspect for broad mites... This concerned me VERY MUCH... I was happy to see you made it all the way to harvest without any troubles, but if i recall correctly you discarded the suspect plant and potentially inadvertently did a heat treatment when exhaust fan timer failed?

What are the chances that the the biomed nebula mother is actually infested?? I took usb microscope pics as soon as the clones arrived (have continuous video footage of myself unboxing and then immediately scoping ) and I saw many many many tiny circles that might have been eggs.. But zero movement.. Finally decided it's more likely thc glands that are undeveloped (bottom of leaf??) And placed all three in tent together. Nebula dead within a 48 hours.

I did a heat treatment last night getting my tent floor to 38C and 47C midway height in the tent.

Looking forward to seeing what happens.

I am a fan of biomed pricing, selection, staff and experience.. Except for the fact I have an ugly gut feeling that tells me that either nebula is infested and they don't know it or they are intentionally sending infested clones to get you to fail growing and repurchase or give up... I really don't like that three nebula clones all showed BM signs, two for me one for you... Thoughts?? @Suntana

I too had the little eggs on the leaves, those are not THC glands, if it isn't broad mites, it's something very tough and almost impossible to get rid of. I still have problems with them, if you zoom into the new growth on my current round you will spot the twisted leaf rust looking stuff. Did you contact them right away? They said I should of called within 24 hours, claiming it could have come from my environment. I can tell you that I've never had anything like this on any one of my grows EVER!
I gave them the heads up anyway, hoping they would correct the problem.
Seems that they haven't .
I have yet to find the bug, but they are tiny and hide in new growth, so it's difficult for me to say they are absolutely BM, but that's the obvious sign of them and eggs.
I'm actually shocked you too have the problem, what a piss off. I was going to give them another shot for a future grow.
That shit spread fast and I worked hard on eliminating them, just to see it come back again and again. After this show is finished I want to change it up anyway.
It's to bad because they are a beautiful plant finished.
So far your grow looks damn good .

Wish you had photos, then I'd make a case with Peter at THC biomed, not to have replacements but prove they have s problem.
Cheers!

I have far far better then just photos.
Thank you for giving me the additional confirmation I needed.

I took usb microscope pics as soon as the clones arrived (I actually have continuous video footage of myself unboxing the sealed shipment and then immediately scoping) and I saw many many many tiny circles that might have been eggs.. But zero movement.. Finally decided it's more likely thc glands that are undeveloped (bottom of leaf??) And placed all three in tent together. Nebula dead within a 48 hours.

I also spoke in length with Peter (but not since this recent delivery), and explained my concerns they said they would get back to me and never did. I am not at all shocked to find your incident, I was 99% sure their nebula came infected, both times, now it's concrete, but just like you, I have never seen then ACTUAL culprit moving, I have a 50x-500x digital usb microscope.

Day 7 since arrival of clones.
Day 2 of heat treatment.
I am going to heat treat every night for a week solid. 30-60 mins of entire tent at 43 degrees Celsius
20170817_072208.jpg

After third day of heat treatment I am seeing less twisted curl growth, however tips are still blackening, I have cut a few fan leaves off this morning

20170818_085601.jpg
20170818_085550.jpg
20170818_085542.jpg

How is that Soil? Have you used it before? I alway wondered about trying it mixed with just pro mix hp for outdoors

Actually I havent, my last grow was in promix potting soil, it had synthetic slow release nutrients in it, I didn't realize they were not desirable always messing with ppm. This is only my second attempt at growing, one thing I noticed was that it has quite a bit of bark, which I have read cannabis roots don't really love, the drainage is good tho, doesn't seem to get too densely packed, I didn't add any vermiculite or perlite just pure promix organix HV mix for these two.

I'd think using that stuff straight up you shouldn't have to feed for awhile.

Yea it says right on the packaging feeds for 3 months (the promix potting mix said 9 months!).. Today's feed was really light, mostly calmag (which our water on van island is really lacking.. 7-11 ppm from the tap), some potassium silicate and some bio root from general organics, not wanting to over feed them, but want to make sure they are strong enough to survive the heat treatment im trying on these russets! Picked up a laser thermometer today to help ensure my leaf temps hit 43C+, prior to today they weren't, so hopefully I see some results soon

Atomical haze is growing very nicely and bushily. Both she and opium are on day 15 since arrival
Day 4 (since germination) for green crack and super silver haze
20170824_123834.jpg
20170824_200944.jpg

20170824_200939.jpg

Back
Top Bottom