Grow Journal

LedGuy74

Hey guys I'm just going to jump into it... I'm going to be documenting for you ladies and gents here a 4 plant scrog in a 4x2x4... but for now while my flowering room is still full they are in a closet... it'll be 2-3 weeks before I throw them in the tent with a scrog I've built. The strain is Special Queen #1 and she's been good to me.. these are cuts I took when I flipped my last set of plants to 12/12. I don't have great lighting in the closet but once they get into the bloom room to fill out the scrog they'll go into overdrive... I'm not using anything fancy I currently have two mars hydro 300's in my tent and I plan on adding a third light before flipping these girls to 12/12. I have some others going but I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing with them so I'm going to leave them out of this.. I'm using fox farms happy frog by the way... the plan is to stick to finishing them in the 3 gallon fabric pots as I normally have been using 5 gallon buckets for larger plants and they don't even tend to take advantage of all the soil so I'm sure three gallons will work out better for me with the smaller plants.
Capture711.PNG
Capture612.PNG
Capture514.PNG
Capture472.PNG
Capture3111.PNG
Capture2116.PNG
Capture472.PNG

They aren't the sexiest plants but just give em some time to shine... once they get into growing in the tent they are going to be looking lovely. Ah by the way the goal is to hit 12oz this grow... that's with the 3rd light.

Comments are welcomed by the way and questions are encouraged whether about my grow or a question in general about growing and ill help if I can.

Here's the girl that's taking up the 4x2 right now.. also have a small bagseed in there... I harvested my second large plant a few weeks back so this girl is getting both lights for half of bloom. When I switch it over to veg I'll just be manually loving the flowering bagseed clone in and out of the tent for the few weeks I have to veg in it... no big deal.
Capture810.PNG
Capture910.PNG
Capture1410.PNG
Capture1210.PNG
Capture1310.PNG
Capture1123.PNG
Capture1123.PNG
Capture1010.PNG
want 100 off of her would like a QP. Just gotta wait and see.. she's going to be my largest yielder yet though.

Subbed up looks nice

Thank ya thank ya it'll be pretty slow for now probably weekly updates.. may show off my flowering plant when I chop her but things won't start kicking up till they get into the tent. Build a scrog and going to be putting it in when the times right hopefully it holds up well.. didn't use the strongest material (twine) but re-tying some more is no big deal if it does mess up... with the legs and all it cost me 10 bucks.
9337f3615dc06c880ee088f4884b1851.jpg
one side is a bit bowed but I'm doubting it'll negatively affect anything once installed.

It may not look like the 2" squares are even in the picture but when looking at it directly it is definitely even.

Also the clones are a bit stretched but it won't be to big of a problem overall.. just currently do not have a good veg setup.. plan on adding some QB's for better gains down the road.

Ok. It's super easy, but that's ok.

Yeah I may download the app and pick it back up soon... I was just pissed cause I specifically chose this site because it is supported with 420 and I had no idea they supported it but didn't allow you to use all the functions it comes with ... so to my surprise of finding out I can't even use it for my grows I wasn't to happy. But grasscity is definitely no better and is the whole reason I use 420 anyhow... I never even wanted to use the 420 app but grasscity never felt the need to update and fix their own app after 7 months of it being reported to not work properly.. at the time I thought I had to go through the gallery stuff to upload pictures I didn't know I could just download the 420 app... I don't have permission to respond to any private message so I couldn't ask shit about it.

P.S who ever came up with the brilliant idea of requiring 50 posts to be able to private message anyone including a mod didn't think it out to well... 1st post in I was getting messages about my name violating guidelines lol

It is to stop spam bots from going directly after members via PM. The app is awesome and you can always just switch to web mode to see the things that aren't supported, like signatures. If you can get through the learning process of the app, it opens a huuuge door to learning in real time from excellent growers all over. GC doesn't even come close, too much BS, trolls and Flamers talking shit to each other. Glad I came here first .

It is to stop spam bots from going directly after members via PM. The app is awesome and you can always just switch to web mode to see the things that aren't supported, like signatures. If you can get through the learning process of the app, it opens a huuuge door to learning in real time from excellent growers all over. GC doesn't even come close, too much BS, trolls and Flamers talking shit to each other. Glad I came here first .

I understand the spam bot thing that's why I said mods should be the exception lol... I know atleast on other forums you can't ignore/block mods so it seems like there would be a way to make it where mods can receive PM's from any member haha...

and yeah GC is on some bs lol especially with the "my ways the only right way" attitude.. haha had someone telling me the other day that I was wrong about my buds on my flowering plant being fine in high humidity.. dude actually told me that that is a lie and I have mold and will for sure have bad mold problems show during drying and curing haha because apparently the insides of my buds are riddled with mold.. now I do flower in 60-75% humidity but I have a lot of air circulation and I personally haven't had a problem.. I don't have the power to safely run a dehumidifier with my window unit it makes no sense to even try imo... I've harvested multiple plants in high humidity without a single mold problem haha but the guy on the internet who has never even seen my plants in person apparently knows oh so much more... and had the nerve to say that it wasn't even possible to flower in high humidity without mold problems lol... I mean there are countless threads on the internet about people flowering in high RH.. and that's just one example of stupid crap on GC but I don't want to keep ranting lol... and of course I know getting It down to 50% would be better but as I said I just safely can't... and it's not an issue every month just the summer months..

You work with what you have. There are ways to flower and to dry in higher humidity. They're one trick ponies over there that are pros after one grow. We're more modest over here and that's partly due to the presence of so much skill and talent. Real growers don't let friends post on GC . there are threads on here all about it and yes while 50% is ideal, as long as you have good ventilation and air circulation you'll be golden, especially with the breeding going on these days, breeders are producing excellent mold resistance in their strains. Not all, but a lot are these days.

I just couldn't keep it up over at GC they didn't appreciate my brand of comment either lol.
I enjoy growing so I like to talk about it with other folks who enjoy growing and seem to understand the why of the things they do to their plants lol All that it's right because that's what I was taught is just funny to me since right or wrong they were taught but never asked the question.

Yeah I may download the app and pick it back up soon... I was just pissed cause I specifically chose this site because it is supported with 420 and I had no idea they supported it but didn't allow you to use all the functions it comes with ... so to my surprise of finding out I can't even use it for my grows I wasn't to happy. But grasscity is definitely no better and is the whole reason I use 420 anyhow... I never even wanted to use the 420 app but grasscity never felt the need to update and fix their own app after 7 months of it being reported to not work properly.. at the time I thought I had to go through the gallery stuff to upload pictures I didn't know I could just download the 420 app... I don't have permission to respond to any private message so I couldn't ask shit about it.

P.S who ever came up with the brilliant idea of requiring 50 posts to be able to private message anyone including a mod didn't think it out to well... 1st post in I was getting messages about my name violating guidelines lol

Well I'm glad you are still sticking around a little bit. I have only been uploading from my phone as well, and your right it is a little difficult especially at first. But I got the hang of it without the app, I'm sure that would make it easier. Never really been over to GC. The 1 or 2 times I did it was just like you said, "my way is the only way"
I would be nervous going over 50% RH, but for that guy to say it's not possible and you are wrong is just silly. And like Growchyz said ther are a lot of breeders going for mold resistance in there strains. And if you keep the plant healthy it's natural immune system can deture a lot of problems.
No pressure but hope to see your pics, and a harvest update whenever that comes around.
In the meantime I'll just be :bigtoke:
glad I chose the best sight around :420:

The biggest thing I am noticing about this 13/11 schedule is the excessive amounts of white hairs this late on... my previous plant was chopped at day 56 of 12/12 and had significantly less hairs overall but the hairs she had were 80% light orange and receded to the bud unlike this plant on 13/11 that seems to of gotten a burst of new white hairs on top of the orange. She's going for around a total of 70-75 days of light change herself she's almost done based on trichomes. Her buds do seem fatter but she is also getting more direct light so I can't link that to 13/11 anyhow.
420-magazine-mobile743594797.jpg
420-magazine-mobile922804933.jpg
420-magazine-mobile837797638.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1680341173.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1278948217.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1565506764.jpg

I'll be doing updates on my vegging plants in the next couple days most likely just don't like moving them around to take pics to often.

U checking calyx trichomes and not just the ones on the sugar leaves? Still lotsa white pistils, she may swell up more still!

Yeah on the bud itself she was at around 5-10% amber almost a week ago. Was planning on letting her go around another week just depending how the trichomes looked.. I may go longer I just won't really know till I see how she looks in a week or so. Would be nice if she would swell some more though just gotta wait and see. My bigger issue is that I'm very low on my supply and my clones don't even fit in the cramped closet anymore and need to work on growing into a scrog in the tent. My closet is 3.5'x18" and I have 7 plants in it lol

Looking good man! Still can't wait to see the end result on those buds and the younglins don't look bad! A little stretchy maybe but nothing bad at all .

I carried my journal from GC over to 420 as well..too many people think they know everything for fact when really growing is based mostly on opinions and judgement calls in the moment! Lol
LED Bag Seed closet grow

Looking good man! Still can't wait to see the end result on those buds and the younglins don't look bad! A little stretchy maybe but nothing bad at all .

I carried my journal from GC over to 420 as well..too many people think they know everything for fact when really growing is based mostly on opinions and judgement calls in the moment! Lol
LED Bag Seed closet grow

Yeah the small ones are definitely stretchy but they'll branch out nicely once they go into the tent. They haven't stretched in a while as I do have a decent bit of light In the veg area compared to before so now it's just a waiting game they are starting to over take the closet too since I've started LST... I should of tossed at least two of them but I'm just holding onto them in case someone wants em so I don't have to waste them. If not I'll probably take cuts off of them down the road to clone and then chop them. But I'm not even documenting them In this grow anyhow haha.

Yeah the small ones are definitely stretchy but they'll branch out nicely once they go into the tent. They haven't stretched in a while as I do have a decent bit of light In the veg area compared to before so now it's just a waiting game they are starting to over take the closet too since I've started LST... I should of tossed at least two of them but I'm just holding onto them in case someone wants em so I don't have to waste them. If not I'll probably take cuts off of them down the road to clone and then chop them. But I'm not even documenting them In this grow anyhow haha.

Lol you can never have to many plants! One of your good ones could have an "oh shit" moment and having the others will save ya! Doubtful but ya never know!

Lol you can never have to many plants! One of your good ones could have an "oh shit" moment and having the others will save ya! Doubtful but ya never know!

Trust me I know... it took me so long to clone these I want to try and find a way to hold onto them for as long as I can until I have rooted clones at the very least.. this strain can take a few weeks to root clones haha it can be uneasy waiting and hoping they take while I have only full blown budding plants left and no backup veg if they didn't take like my concerns my last grow. lol.

Trust me I know... it took me so long to clone these I want to try and find a way to hold onto them for as long as I can until I have rooted clones at the very least.. this strain can take a few weeks to root clones haha it can be uneasy waiting and hoping they take while I have only full blown budding plants left and no backup veg if they didn't take like my concerns my last grow. lol.

I'm sure as long as you're patient with them some will take! I've never cloned before but you seem to have a grasp on what's going on lol

Back
Top Bottom