Horizon's Indoor Soil Grow: Trial Run, Delicious Seeds

HorIzon420

420 Member
What's up everyone.
Im a little late to start a journal, but figured why not. I have learned so much from this community and just want to be apart of it.
I have a little hands on experience but not much. The last time I tried to grow my own it wasn't so good. I learned a lot about what not to do. This time I built a real dedicated space for it and so far so good. This run is the maiden voyage for the space. I wanted to get a feel for growing again and iron out any problems that might arise. On the next run I plan on using Docbud's kit, it's already cooking.

They are in a 2ftx4ftx7ft grow tent witch is in its own dedicated 15x15x10 room.Things have been ok I would say. 29 days old from breaking ground. They look pretty good just seem like they are growing a little slow.

What strain is it?
Delicious seeds/Sugar Black Rose/Marmalate/Northern Light Blue

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?
Indica

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Veg

If in Veg... For how long?
29 days

If in Flower stage... For how long?

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor

Soil or Hydro?
Soil

If soil... what is in your mix?
In a 2:1 ratio of FoxFarms ocean forest and Roots Organics. With some Worm Castings, Down To Earth all purpose, Ancient forest I mixed those in at the recommended doses on the packaging.

If soil... What size pot?
1 gallon and will up pot to 10 gallon fabric pots.

Size of light?
250watts of CFL at the moment, I have a Inda Gro 420 that a friend gave me a wile back that I plan on using once I feel they need it. And if that doesn't work I have a 600watt HPS cooltube.

Is it aircooled?
No

Temp of Room/cab?
Lights on 74f-78f
Lights off 72f-74f

RH of Room/cab?
42%-50%

PH of media or res?
Haven't checked

Any Pests ?
Not yet(knock on wood)

How often are you watering?
When they need it, going by feel.

Type and strength of ferts used?
All organic
Down to Earth all purpose, Down to Earth bat guano, Earth juice grow and bloom, Worm castings, Seaweed extract. I will be mixing those into a tea, if anything else is added I will be sure to note it.

The pics are a bit spaced out as far as when the pics were taken. They have all been topped once and I fimed the dominant tops yesterday.

Sugar Black Rose. 3 days old.
IMG_031560.JPG

Marmalate. 3 days old.
IMG_032347.JPG

Group shot at 7 days old.
IMG_032545.JPG

Sugar Black Rose. 10 days old.
IMG_033361.JPG

Marmalate. 10 days old.
IMG_033571.JPG

Northern Light Blue. This one is a clone. This was day one in soil.
IMG_033944.JPG

Sugar Black Rose. Today 29 days old.
IMG_035750.JPG

Northern Light Blue. Today 19 days old. She has been a little sad think it wanted to be fed sooner then I thought. But I gave them a tea a few days ago and all the new growth looks better.
IMG_035860.JPG

Marmalate. Today 29 days old.
IMG_035959.JPG

Group shot
IMG_036156.JPG

I'll try and update pics once a week or so. I have been pretty busy with work so could be a little late sometimes.

Wow your plants look great dude, did you train them, and what's that you put on top, diametreceous earth or sand ? They look great and you are documenting your grow super nice, I'll be tuned in!

Thanks Bro. Appreciate the kind words.
I have topped them 1 time and I fimed the two dominant tops 2 days ago. I plan on doing some LST/supercroping/toping as needed. The tent is not to big so not sure how crazy I will go.
Yeah that's Diatomaceous Earth. Noticed 1 fungus nat yesterday so just precautionary. I feel like it came from the soil don't want any of his friends to pop up.

I already gave up with fungus gnats .. if I only have 2-4 more weeks.. I'll be alright but next time I'm gonna either get sand or the diatomaceous , how much did it cost ?

I already gave up with fungus gnats .. if I only have 2-4 more weeks.. I'll be alright but next time I'm gonna either get sand or the diatomaceous , how much did it cost ?

Yeah they aren't really that big of a problem. I'm pretty sure the larva eat on the Roots sometimes, that was my main concern. I have had the bag of it for a few years now. I haven't used it much. Can't remember exactly what I paid for it it was between $15-$20 I believe. Got it at the Ace hardware garden store.

Yeah they aren't really that big of a problem. I'm pretty sure the larva eat on the Roots sometimes, that was my main concern. I have had the bag of it for a few years now. I haven't used it much. Can't remember exactly what I paid for it it was between $15-$20 I believe. Got it at the Ace hardware garden store.

I got them bad one time.. I think it was from soil I bought or something but I mean one day out of the blue I noticed dozens and dozens and dozens of the bastards in my veg area.. they thankfully weren't really messing with my roots or anything and I made sure to keep my soil as dry as possible but anyhow they never made it to my flowering room but a few made it in living spaces for a bit... all the ones in my veg area up and disappeared one day.. I looked in a light fixture and noticed it appeared they all went in the fixture and cooked themselves because atleast 60-75 of em were all balled up and dead under the bulb. Thank God they didn't last long I don't like dealing with them... though I'd imagine it's much more pleasant than mites.

I got them bad one time.. I think it was from soil I bought or something but I mean one day out of the blue I noticed dozens and dozens and dozens of the bastards in my veg area.. they thankfully weren't really messing with my roots or anything and I made sure to keep my soil as dry as possible but anyhow they never made it to my flowering room but a few made it in living spaces for a bit... all the ones in my veg area up and disappeared one day.. I looked in a light fixture and noticed it appeared they all went in the fixture and cooked themselves because atleast 60-75 of em were all balled up and dead under the bulb. Thank God they didn't last long I don't like dealing with them... though I'd imagine it's much more pleasant than mites.

A friend of mine had the same thing happen all of a sudden there where just tons of them. I want to avoid that situation if I can. that's nice they got out of your space. If I had that many I would be stressing on it way to much. Don't even want to think about mites you are right way easier then mites.
I have been letting my soil dry out a lot to, so hopefully that was the last of them.

Really appreciate the kind words man.

I went ahead and fed the girls today. They could have waited another 12 hours but I won't be able to water them tomorrow so today was the day.

Filled up 3 gallons of filtered water that has been bubbling for 24 hours.

Mixed in:
-Seaweed extract at 2oz per gallon
-Earth Juice Rainbow mix grow at 2Tbsp per gallon
-Earth Juice Rainbow mix bloom at 1/2Tbsp per gallon
-Added in 1 Malibu Compost tea bag
-Humic acid at 2Tsp per gallon
-1 cup of Wormcastings
-1 cup of Ancient Forest
I put the WormCastings, Ancient Forest, and Earth Juice into a sock, like a Tea bag. Directly over the bubbles.

I let that bubble for about 24 hours. And bottom fed them with a little poured over the top.

Nice and frothy.
IMG_036849.JPG

:peace:

Had to transplant and turn on the Inda Gro 420 yesterday night. They have only been under the light for 1 day but they seem to like the light and the extra leg room. I was worried it would run hotter the the 2 125 watt cfls I was using but seems to be about the same as far as temp goes. The Inda Gro has a accessory that I don't have. An LED pontoon that is 44watts. But they want like $700 dollars for it. That's crazy. I knew the light was expensive but $700 for a 44watt light?????? That seems a little crazy. With all the info online I'm sure I could build a similar setup that is half the cost if not less. But not sure I will for this round we will see. Gonna half to do some research on the spectrum.
Will update with pics tomorrow.

Alright so not much has changed. They have put on some growth, have grown 3 nodes from where I last fimed them. I transplanted last Wednesday the 23rd into 10 gallon fabric pots.
I also added a bag of 420 Recipe soil to the mix of soil I used, just because I wanted to try it.
They have enjoyed the extra room and are growing pretty good. The Northern Light Blue is struggling a little bit but I think she will come around. She already looks a lot better.

First 3 pics were from the day of Transplant.

Northern Light Blue
IMG_037350.JPG

Marmalate
IMG_037655.JPG

Sugar Black Rose
IMG_037743.JPG

Group shot under there new light Inda Gro 420. I hope it dose well. Left Northern Light Blue, middle Marmalate, and right Sugar Black Rose.
This shot was from today. Day 2 in there new pots.
IMG_038158.JPG

Everything has been smooth sailing since transplant. Gave them a little worm casting tea 2 days ago.
There's a heat wave coming through and this is the hottest the space has gotten so far 88f. The girls have shown no signs of discomfort. I have no AC hooked up to it. hopefully this wave will pass over the weekend. Then I'm gonna switch the lights to 12/12, they may be a little small but I want to see how the light dose. And ajust if needed. I'm wanting to get some bud on hand as well, excited to see how the light performs in flower. Hopefully it will be decent.

Sugar Black Rose
IMG_043654.JPG
IMG_043753.JPG

Marmalate
IMG_043946.JPG
IMG_044147.JPG

Northern Light Blue. She has definitely turned around, purple stem is gone on the new growth. And it looks a lot more vibrant then it used to. But it has gotten real lanky compared to the others. I took the clone from an outdoor plant, maybe the difference in light intensity is causing it. I'm not sure. She has always been more lanky then her mother outside. She still looks pretty good though. Imo
IMG_044245.JPG

right Sugar Black Rose, middle Marmalate, Right Northern Light Blue
IMG_044455.JPG

Back
Top Bottom