Archiweedies - Grow III

What's up guys, I'm back after a disappointing result from my last attempt. Never fear! I am reinvigorated and more determined than ever to grow quality medicine.

Real fast, my last two grows have taught me that organization and documentation are awesome tools that I have neglected. This journal will be simple in many ways but I hope we all learn some stuff and have some laughs!

For this grow I'll be in my normal space, an unfinished garage in SoCal. I am inland so temps are usually a lot warmer here than the coast. I have grown successfully in this space. It's not ideal but it's what I have at the moment. I also always have a plant or four going outdoors.

Grow space - I'm in a custom built box...for now. I have an Apollo Horticulture 48x48x80 coming today from the Zon'.

Lighting - Mars II 400w. Recently added a 55w autocob 3500k and will be adding more as soon as finances permit.

Nutes - I became a big fan of Advanced Nutrients ph perfect tech on my last dwc grow. I will be finishing my AN Micro/Grow/Bloom on this grow and will be moving to Sensi Bloom A/B when I run out.
I'll be adding Botanicare CalMag due to the coco coir and LEDs.
I'll also employ Dyn-Gro Silica Protekt to battle my high temps.

I mix all my nutes in a five gallon bucket and the water is then aerated until it is all used. I'd love to set up a dripper system really soon as I just purchased a 36x36 flood tray. Until then, I'm hand watering twice a day until preflowers.

Containers - Like most, I started with fabric pots. They are cool and all but I wanted to try something smaller and less....round haha so I want with 9x9 square pots. I estimate they are about 2gallon or so containers. I am growing one of the strains in a five gallon fabric pot( more on that in my next post).

Strains - Decided to give Mephisto Genetics a try. These guys are awesome people and very generous with the freebies. Their catalog is amazing!
I dropped the following
Northern Cheese Haze x1
Deep Blue C F2 x1
Tyrone Special x2

All right! I'm sure I'm missing something but let's get going! Next post will be glam shots and vitals!

The strains:
All plants were above ground on August 9th. These photos are day 18
Northern Cheese Haze
420-magazine-mobile1750024016.jpg

Deep Blue C F2
420-magazine-mobile720860161.jpg

Tyrone Special
420-magazine-mobile2030341310.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2052224239.jpg

Environmental:
Temps :80-95F
RH: 34-50%
PH - 6.9
PPM -480
Light - 20/4

NCH and DBC were fimmed/topped on day 16

Day 20 update:
New reservoir mixed

Nutes - AN M/G/B 1.5ml/ltr each
CalMag 1ml/ltr
This is their feed for the next ten days.

Things are already looking so much better after getting them into their new environment.
Temps 74 - 82
RH 45%
PH 6.5
PPM 990
*little higher than I wanted but I used my tap water which is 300PPM so ~690PPM is more like it.

Deep Blue C

420-magazine-mobile342148862.jpg

Northern Cheese Haze

420-magazine-mobile642534129.jpg

Tyrone A

420-magazine-mobile1401798053.jpg

Tyrone B

420-magazine-mobile223038189.jpg

And one more addition from my outdoor garden...
HubbaBubbaSmelloScope. It's 107 outside right now and she could use refuge. She is exactly a week older than her sisters.

420-magazine-mobile316719774.jpg

I intend to start a seed at the 3 week mark. That's tomorrow haha! I have all these strains plus a couple toof decays. How do you choose?!?
Thanks for looking guys and gals!

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Dunked one seed in water for six hours and then into a paper towel, placed that in a DVD case, wrapped in a tshirt and placed at the top of my grow tent. Will check on it when I get home as that will be almost exactly 24 hours. The strain will be a Mephisto Genetics Toof Decay. My perpetual is officially in the works.!

All plants in coco are watered once a day until the second set of leaves. Then I water twice a day. During Flower I hope to hit them three times a day.
I'm just giving them a 1/4 liter at a time right now, which translates into very little runoff.

Simple session of LST today took a couple leaves off a few plants to open up bud sites.
HBSS lifted her skirt and so did Tyrone A. Attention whores lol.
I'm stunned at the growth after moving my grow into a stable environment.

Have a good weekend and be safe kids!
420-magazine-mobile1910986367.jpg

Just realized NCH and HBSS are swapped. HBSS is at the top

Sweet, sounds like a couple of cool strains, looking forward to this. Good luck!

Thanks UA. Well this will be the first time I've grown in a stable environment. In the past I've just taken what was thrown at me haha.

Mephisto Genetics has got some real cool stuff and I'll be ordering more I think in the future.

The strains:
All plants were above ground on August 9th. These photos are day 18
Northern Cheese Haze
420-magazine-mobile1750024016.jpg

Deep Blue C F2
420-magazine-mobile720860161.jpg

Tyrone Special
420-magazine-mobile2030341310.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2052224239.jpg

Environmental:
Temps :80-95F
RH: 34-50%
PH - 6.9
PPM -480
Light - 20/4

NCH and DBC were fimmed/topped on day 16
Looking sweet bro!!

Day 20 update:
New reservoir mixed

Nutes - AN M/G/B 1.5ml/ltr each
CalMag 1ml/ltr
This is their feed for the next ten days.

Things are already looking so much better after getting them into their new environment.
Temps 74 - 82
RH 45%
PH 6.5
PPM 990
*little higher than I wanted but I used my tap water which is 300PPM so ~690PPM is more like it.

Deep Blue C

420-magazine-mobile342148862.jpg

Northern Cheese Haze

420-magazine-mobile642534129.jpg

Tyrone A

420-magazine-mobile1401798053.jpg

Tyrone B

420-magazine-mobile223038189.jpg

And one more addition from my outdoor garden...
HubbaBubbaSmelloScope. It's 107 outside right now and she could use refuge. She is exactly a week older than her sisters.

420-magazine-mobile316719774.jpg

I intend to start a seed at the 3 week mark. That's tomorrow haha! I have all these strains plus a couple toof decays. How do you choose?!?
Thanks for looking guys and gals!

Sent from my iPhone using 420
Be careful bringing plants in from outside. When i first started i brought a plant indoor and brought thrips with it. I vowed then that i would never do that again. Otherwise keep in quarantine for a week or so!! But sure you'll be fine.

Be careful bringing plants in from outside. When i first started i brought a plant indoor and brought thrips with it. I vowed then that i would never do that again. Otherwise keep in quarantine for a week or so!! But sure you'll be fine.

Thanks Grow Bro for the wisdom. I was real careful and only grew the plant in a cloche while it was outside. I had leafhoppers on some of my other outdoor plants. They were so close to harvest that I hardly cared.
420-magazine-mobile581167599.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2009803467.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1465139044.jpg

Then I had my failed Northern Lights plant from last Grow trying to survive a transplant from hydro to soil, she budded but it's no record haul I assure you. Couple of Super Lemon Hazes have been fighting leafhoppers and the dreaded tobacco worm. Those little things are the worst! My neighbor warned me about em'....I should have listened.
420-magazine-mobile1102642118.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1234553879.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1927942508.jpg

Ive learned some difficult lessons so far, but I am still here and still growing!!

I made the same stuff up a whole back. Tried to transplant an amnesia and durban poison from hydro to soil. What a stuff up too. Set me back a month what a waste of electricity. Will never try that one again.
Start them off in the medium you going to finish them in!!

I made the same stuff up a whole back. Tried to transplant an amnesia and durban poison from hydro to soil. What a stuff up too. Set me back a month what a waste of electricity. Will never try that one again.
Start them off in the medium you going to finish them in!!

Thanks dude where were you last march on my first grow lol! I kid I kid. Well after growing in coco (treating it like soil) and doing DWC, I think I finally get how to grow in coco with multiple feedings a day. It all makes more sense to me at least anyways.

Edit: by the way, I'm slowly working my way through your current journal Grow Bro. .

Back
Top Bottom