Perpetual Autoflower Grow - Black Gold - Mango - & More

Southerncough

Greetings,
just thought I'd share my upcoming grow in my home made 2x4x6 cabinet.
Going to start with some perpetual autos to put a little medicine in the jar, then start vegging some photos during the last of those to prepare for this winter. Our winter is most people's summer, our summer is pretty intense.

kicking it off I have a little Black Gold Auto (fem) who just popped her first serrated leaves this morning, and in a week or two will add pop another bean to join her.

Planning to use a mix of FF Ocean Forest with perlite and coco in 3 gal pots under LED, and feeding Dynagrow Foliar pro, silicone, recharge, and foliar kelp.

Also hanging out is this weird little stunted OG Kush auto that is 4 weeks old and still looks like a 2 day old seedling?
Guess I'll keep her around and see what happens?

Baby Black Gold
20170902_091832.jpg

Stunted OG Kush
20170822_140422.jpg

Progress photos from week two and week three. Added two mango autos in week two, then popped some White Rhino and a few old bag seeds to join the crew.
Seemed a little slow to start but now that we're into week three they're starting to find their feet and budding some side branches finally.

Last feeding may have been a little N. heavy as I got some leaf curl on the mango autos. Feeding recharge and silica for the next week.
More updates to come.

20170924_094452.jpg

20170930_093518.jpg

Hi everyone,
so week four is underway with the black gold auto and two mango autos.
The white rhino and bag seed babies just completed their first week in cups of coco. Lost one white rhino baby, her stem just folded over in the middle (maybe too much water?)
As soon as the autos were 6" tall I started the LST process with coated garden wire and they're responding quite well. Within two days new shoots started coming out of the lower leaf nodes and the top kept trying to push up, so each day (sometimes twice/day) I've put a little more pressure on the wire to train them back down.
Overfed them a few weeks ago and wound up with some claw which went away after putting them on a diet of tap water, recharge, and silicone for a week. I guess putting autos in coco mixed with ocean forest is hot enough. Feel like I should be feeding them more, but they're telling me to back off...so I'll wait for them to tell me when they're ready.
Foliar spraying the leaves with a diluted mix of neem oil and kelp every few days.
The seedlings started turning light green so I gave them a little squirt of recharge and clonex solution and put them out in the sun for a day and they seemed to enjoy it. Brought them back inside and put them a few inches under a little T-5 and they seem to be getting their color back and have some new leaves popping out for me. They should be getting more roots this week and top growth to go with it (knock on wood).
Here's some pics, going to have to start taking them without the LED's on...

20171004_200329.jpg

20171004_200333.jpg

20171004_200340.jpg

20171007_214517.jpg

The White Rhino & bag seed babies are feeling a little better after a few days of soaking up some recharge and Clonex under the little T-5 and decided to show me some new growth! Welcome back sweeties!
20171009_114132.jpg

Yesterday gave the babies a nice feeding of Grow base, plus silicone, calmag, and recharge in dechlorinated tap water Ph'd to 6.0.
The 3 autos are responding well to the LST and it's exciting watching all the new shoots pop up + more flowers to enjoy. (seriously, why isn't everyone doing this??).
Here's some new pics...

Feeding lineup
20171010_122327.jpg

20171010_194554.jpg

20171010_194616.jpg

Update,
today gave my thirsty girls some Dyna Gro Foliar pro with silicone, Mag Pro and recharge in tap water PH'd to 6.0.
Tied down a few more small branches for final LST efforts to make extra colas as more white hairs are showing up on the 3 autos.
Going to let them stretch now and fingers crossed lots of flowers.
The Bag Seed and white rhino babies are slowly getting more leaves but hopefully this light feeding will give them a good foundation for more roots and veg up top.

the 3 autos (1x Black Gold & 2X Mango) getting ready to stretch...
20171015_223000.jpg

White Rhino and Bagseed babies finally packing on some fan leaves...
20171015_223023.jpg

greetings,
been a while since I've updated on the garden.
Overwatered my babies two days in a row in preparation for being out of town for a week.
Figured they'd survive since they're not quite at the super thirsty stage yet. Came home to find them a little puny, but still alive!
The autos started a nice little stretch in their early flower and the White Rhino and bagseed babies grew some more fan leaves for me.
Gave them a nice feeding yesterday of recharge, foliage pro, pro tekt, and mag pro in some 6.0ph tap water, came back today to find them quite perky and ready to rock. Trimmed out some of the lower dead leaves and they're good to go.
Starting to smell like someone's growing herb around here LOL

White Rhino and Bagseed babies
20171101_210749.jpg

Mango Auto Fem
20171101_210719.jpg

Nice little cola to be
20171101_210732.jpg

Family photo
20171101_210705.jpg

Moving steadily into flower I'm having some issues with my girls.
The leaves are drying out from the outside in! Looking at different charts and guides it could be either LED burn, a PK deficiency, or a nutrient burn...or all of the above?
In some areas it's the bottom leaves, which could be a light penetration issue, in some areas it's upper leaves, and in some areas it's on one side of the plant or the other. There's some FF ocean forest mixed in with the coco and perlite, maybe it's just too hot of a mix for autos?

Haven't fed much nutes lately as I went out of town and gave them some heavy feedings before and after, so the last week has been only water with silicone, microbes, and calmag and every few days I mist them with a solution of kelp and neem oil.
I raised the lights about a foot and chased the last feeding with water.
Hope this slows down the situation in the leaves.

Has anyone had this happen? Would appreciate some feedback.

20171107_222520.jpg

20171107_222529.jpg

20171107_222542.jpg

Cruising into flower for the Black Gold and Mango autos, still getting some leaf burn even though I haven't given them any NPK food in a bit, guess that Ocean Forest is just too hot for autos, even mixed with 1/3 coco and 1/3 perlite?
Oh well, only a few more weeks left on them anyway. Starting to get some nice little colas and super sticky leaves surrounding them.
Won't be a huge crop but hoping all the TLC delivers some quality over quantity (fingers crossed)
The White Rhino and Bagseed babies are about ready to take clones for sexing. Trying not to burn them I waiting until they started getting pale before first feeding after transplanting from solo cups to #1 pots.

Feel free to chime in

Bud shots
20171117_153324.jpg

starting to get sticky
20171117_153342.jpg

20171117_153314.jpg

Babies almost ready for taking cuts
20171117_153405.jpg

Another week gone by and the girls are doing great.
Still some nute burn on one of the mango autos, but oddly it must be some weird pheno with really leafy buds?
Her colas have so many leaves in them that you can barely see the pistils? weird.
The Black Gold is doing well, should only have a short time left on her.

I took some cuttings from the white rhino babies for sexing and put them in my oxycloner and went out of town for the holiday weekend and found some roots when I came home. That was fast!
Need to ramp up the nutes but trying to keep minimal until I've sexed them and can focus on pampering just the ladies.
I kinda have a feeling that one of the 4 white rhinos is definitely a fem because it's a little shorter and bushier than the other 3 that are longer, leaner, and have thinner leaves. But it could just be a more indica dominant pheno?
Will know soon!

Group photo
20171128_194456.jpg

lovely flowers
20171128_194519.jpg

rooted white rhino clone
20171128_194618.jpg

Greetings!
So in the final stretch for the 3 autos. one of the Mangoes looks really nice, on looks really small and leafy, and the black gold is okay.
all small but I did LST the heck out of them!
Been working on defoliating them some while the trichs get just enough amber. As I was working on the small leafy, larfy mango I was starting to wonder if there'd be enough bud under all the leaves to be worth trimming? I may just chop it all up and make butter or something out of that plant. Took a tiny pinch off one of her buds and got about 4 little green puffs with a beeline wick and minutes later had a nice tingly headband followed by a nice little body tingle. Okay, she's small and ugly but still has a lot to offer.

The white rhino clones have been in the oxycloner for two weeks now with nice stringy roots. I wound up putting the whole cloner in a separate tent 4 days ago, gave them a light feeding and flipped to 12/12. Should be able to see sex flowers any day now.

Sometime this week will chop the 3 autos and start drying them.
popped 2 more mango auto seeds in paper towels and will be starting them in 100% perlite this time. Might do a 5 gal hempy with them in hopes of more yield, but we'll see.

Black gold auto after defoiliating
20171207_141644.jpg

leafy little mango may go entirely in the trim pile
20171207_141729.jpg

big sister mango looking good, might pull an oz dry off her??
20171207_141912.jpg

white rhino cuts chillin in the oxycloner
20171207_134012.jpg

santaclaus beard of clone roots!
20171207_134034.jpg

Decided to chop down the 3 autoflower plants last night.
not a huge haul, but it's okay since I wanted to try out these strains before committing to a big harvest.
Since I liked the green bud I tested I popped 2 more auto seeds which just broke surface today.

Here's some pics from the harvest...will post dry weight/smoke report in a few days

nice chunky little black gold nug..
20171208_020511.jpg

black gold on left, 2 mango autos on right
20171208_021317.jpg

mangoes drying out
20171208_132506.jpg

Black Gold drying out
20171208_132527.jpg

Greetings 420 crew!
So the 3 autos stayed small and produced a modest harvest as anticipated of approx. 30g/ea. and it dried kinda light a fluffy BUT...it is super frosty and gooey. I'm in a high humidity area and after a week of drying I attempted to roll a J and it was like smoking a gummy bear. It burned at the other end, but couldn't draw on it because it was too gooey for air to pass through.
So I wound up leaving the lids off the jars to see if that'll help it dry a little more without handling the buds too much.
I managed to smoke a bowl of it and it creeped up on me and I was super baked. Then I popped out of bed in the middle of the night to write a random childrens story (not an author, just got really high and did it).
A little worried about how I felt medicine head the next day, just kinda groggy until lunch time. Maybe not wait so late to partake next time?

Anyways, sexed the white rhino clones to reveal 2 males & 2 females. Tossed the male parent plants and clones, transplanted the female clones to a 50/50 coco/perlite mix and the female potted plants were upgraded from #1 to#3 nursery pots. The rooted clones are looking super happy and are even rocking some tiny main colas. I was expecting some transplant shock going from a bubble cloner to media, but so far they don't seem bothered by it at all. Maybe that clonex clone food does work pretty well?
The stems are still a little bendy, but feeding them some silicone should toughen them up some.

Cleaned out the oxycloner and took some small cuts off the little bagseed plants to see if I can sex them and added in some wild butterfly bush cuts from a recent hike to see if I can get them rooted for the yard. They sat in the window sill for a few days and were examined for bugs before going in. Started some new mango auto seeds but worry that they got too hot and are stunted as they haven't done much in the past week.
Oh well, really try to only do autos in the fall/hurricane season so a few days without power wont flip them into flower prematurely, etc.

Black gold weigh in (30g)
20171215_134849.jpg

mango auto weigh in (30g*2)
20171215_131715.jpg

Flowering White Rhino clones, bagseed and butterfly cuts in the 2x3 tent
20171222_113452.jpg

Female White Rinos and TBD bagseed chillin in veg
20171222_113419.jpg

So the Black Gold and Mango Autos have been curing in jars for a month and woooo, that's some nummy knockout medicine!
The White Rhino clones are rocking well into flower and the mother plants are vegging nicely. Transplanted from #3 to 15 gal nursery pots with chunky perlite mixed with coco. Yesterday mushed them under a home made scrog of PVC and garden wire from HD. Wow they're really starting to take off and once they fill out the SCROG a little more I will flip them to 12/12, however they're already popping female pre-flowers? weird.

mixing up my media
20180105_191643.jpg

New pot's ready for the ladies
20180105_192448.jpg

Settling in for a feeding and a few days
20180105_194133.jpg

SCROG Time!
20180108_203239.jpg

More SCROG
20180108_203245.jpg

flowering clones looking good, getting some sugar on the leaves already!
20180105_194711.jpg

Thinking about moving this grow to a new thread for each strain? Hmmm

Greetings,
the White Rhino ladies are vegging out the scrog so today I flipped them to 12/12 and hope my little setup can handle them in bloom! moved the flowering clones to keep them company and moved the vegging bagseed to the now official veg tent. Started a new journal for my new Hindu Kush seedling so be sure to check it out!

SCROG screen filling out nicely!
20180116_142200.jpg

Side view
20180116_142236.jpg

Clone in flower
20180116_142632.jpg

Bagseed chillin in veg
20180116_142132.jpg

Greetings all,
so two weeks into flower and the White Rhino ladies are stretching HARD but at varied rates. Fun, but a little frustrating as I'm trying hard to accomplish a nice even SCROG. Needless to say lots of branch bending so the smaller tops can catch up to the taller ones. It's working, but requires daily attention. I put up a nylon net about a foot over the garden wire mesh to support the weight of heavy branches in the weeks to come...BUT wound up having to use it as a secondary SCROG net to hold the taller tops down!

I lollipopped the undergrowth right at the time of flip and put a few of the smaller tops that weren't reaching the screen in a tub of water for cloning and didn't get around to it for two weeks. So I took a few of the stronger surviving cuts and put them in my oxycloner under an LED grow light I picked up at....HOME DEPOT!
So, we'll see how they do after a few weeks of neglect and if the ladies turn out to be heavy producers of nummy nugs I'll have some clones on hand!

not so tidy attempt at a tidy SCROG
20180129_203131.jpg

Clones from undergrowth
20180129_204239.jpg

Tonight I sampled a tiny popcorn bud I pulled off one of my white rhino flowered/clones a few days ago and...WOW!
For a raw little crap bud it's been a nice, steady buzz that doesn't keep climbing until you're just lost in it. Just nice clean steady high without any surprises.
Last night I burned a bowl of the mango auto I cut down last month and it started out GREAT but kept creeping up higher and higher until my wife
made me go to bed because she couldn't hear the TV over me snoring on the couch! Didn't even know I dozed off, just seemed like the show we were watching got weirder LOL.
Guess I won't be having it on a busy days!

Been a while since I've updated, the White Rhino ladies are going NUTS. Definitely seem to be a sativa dominant pheno as they're stretching and stretching and now putting out long thin buds. Really hope they fill out some. One of the clones that I flowered didn't swell up or put out many trichomes and I was really hoping it was an environmental issue, but it looks like the bigger of the two mothers is lacking density as well. Just a 4' plant full of popcorn buds all the way up. Hoping she'll push out some more but just may be a bad pheno. Either way worst case I can chop her up for butter/brownies.
The roots have filled out the 15 gal pots and now you can barely push your finger into the coco they're so dense!

it's been a few weeks since posting, so the girls have gone wild!
Stretching past the lights to the ceiling! Having to train the tops sideways to get them back under the lights...
The buds have been wispy and I'm concerned they won't bulk up. But at least their getting frosty so I can get some good extracts worst case. Yesterday I noticed a few leaves with weird spotting so I popped one off and looked at it under my scope. Sure enough, spider mites....
So I ran to the local garden shop and picked up some ladybugs. Hopefully the won't wander off and keep the mite population under control until I can scrub the bloom box after I harvest in a few weeks

So the white rhino is in week 10 of flower and STILL STRETCHING?? WTH?
Still hasn't really bulked up and even though I'm on day 7 of flush still not losing any color to their leaves?
Weird little monsters...STill having to train away from the lights and now the buds I trained sideways have sprouted new buds that I have to train sideways? Never seen anything quite like it. Had planned to take them down by the end of March, but theirTrichs still half clear/cloudy, no amber in sight! Still some spider mites but no webs and the ladybugs have found a few when not mating, drowning in the pot saucers, or getting stuck in the lights...

Continuous training out of the lights

Buds still not swelling up...most like this one are only about an inch in diameter...

Back
Top Bottom