WoundedKnee's First Medical Grow

WoundedKnee

This is my first grow, so all help is greatly appreciated. I really like the incredible help all you experts impart on use 'grow virgins', there is no aloof and snide remarks, just great advice in a well explained manner.
I am on a very tight budget and have managed to get all my equipment for about AUD $300. I got a 1m x 1m x 2m Tent, this came with a CFL light a pretty poor LED. I managed to get a cheap second hand Viparspectra 300w LED to be my main light at present, I will add to that when funds permit. I am using clay balls in hydro basket for my little lady.
I popped my first seeds in about 4 weeks ago, they both sprouted very rapidly, but a suprise frost killed them both. I put another bean in on the 1st September and she popped up 3 days ago, I have a heater in the tent at the minute as we are having a really cold Spring and its been down to 3°C at night and the LED's don't produce enough heat to keep the room warm. I have another two beans in Jiffy Pellets waiting to break the surface at the minute, they are in the tent with the little baby.
I will post some pics when I work out how to attach them.
Look forward to sharing my experience and learning all about the science of growing from some obviously very skilled growers here on the Forum.
The seeds are Fast Buds Girl Scout Cookies.
I am growing for medical reasons, I had a bad accident over 5 years back, leaving me with Chronic Regional Pain, nerve damage in my leg and PTSD. I am sick - literally - of taking Opiates (which I am now very dependant on) and Psychiatric medications that also have terrible side effects. I used to smoke weed years back, but recreationally not medically. I have tried it as a replacement for my meds on and off over the past couple of years and found it to be excellent, but supply issues have meant I have always ended up back on the nasty pills. So hopefully this will mean an end to the pills and the beginning of a happier and healthier existence.
Look forward to your input.
Stay Frosty
WoundedKnee

Welcome to my first Medical Grow !

I have been reading all your Journals and hoovering up your tips, tricks and fantastic info. I have set up a 1m x 1m x 2m Tent with a CFL light and two 300w LED's. One came with the tent, as did the CFL, and is frankly rubbish. I will keep it in the tent until I can afford to replace it with a better unit. The other LED is Viparspectra 300w LED and is obviously a way better bit of kit. I am on a really tight budget so I have been picking up bits and pieces as they pop up on Ebay. I have outfitted the whole tent for AUD $300 all up so far. I am using clay balls in a hydro basket as a grow medium.
The seeds I have are Fast Buds Girl Scout Cookies. I popped two in about 4 weeks back and they popped up pretty quick, but a snap frost killed them both. I popped 3 beans in a Jiffy Pellets on the 1st September and the first girl popped up 3 days back. She looks great ! The other two are proving a little slower. I have a heater in the tent as its unseasonally cold here at the minute. The heater is doing the trick keeping the temp around 22°C. I will post some pictures when I figure how to attach them.
I am growing for medical reasons, I had a near fatal accident over 5 years back and it has left me with Chronic Regional Pain, nerve damage in my leg and PTSD. I am desperate to get off the Opiates and Psychiatric medications that also have terrible side effects. I have used medicinal cannibis on and off for two years, but supply issues have seen me back on the nasty pills again. So growing my own should keep me off the pills for good.
I look forward to hearing your advice on how things are going and any improvement I can make.
Stay Frosty !
WoundedKnee

I have been reading all your Journals and hoovering up your tips, tricks and fantastic info. I have set up a 1m x 1m x 2m Tent with a CFL light and two 300w LED's. One came with the tent, as did the CFL, and is frankly rubbish. I will keep it in the tent until I can afford to replace it with a better unit. The other LED is Viparspectra 300w LED and is obviously a way better bit of kit. I am on a really tight budget so I have been picking up bits and pieces as they pop up on Ebay. I have outfitted the whole tent for AUD $300 all up so far. I am using clay balls in a hydro basket as a grow medium.
The seeds I have are Fast Buds Girl Scout Cookies. I popped two in about 4 weeks back and they popped up pretty quick, but a snap frost killed them both. I popped 3 beans in a Jiffy Pellets on the 1st September and the first girl popped up 3 days back. She looks great ! The other two are proving a little slower. I have a heater in the tent as its unseasonally cold here at the minute. The heater is doing the trick keeping the temp around 22°C. I will post some pictures when I figure how to attach them.
I am growing for medical reasons, I had a near fatal accident over 5 years back and it has left me with Chronic Regional Pain, nerve damage in my leg and PTSD. I am desperate to get off the Opiates and Psychiatric medications that also have terrible side effects. I have used medicinal cannibis on and off for two years, but supply issues have seen me back on the nasty pills again. So growing my own should keep me off the pills for good.
I look forward to hearing your advice on how things are going and any improvement I can make.
Stay Frosty !
WoundedKnee
Im subbed, I was also on opiates and nerve medicine. The doctors had me on so much medication it was awful. I started using weed and noticed it helped my nerves and my pain also. It took me a little bit to get off all the pills but I feel better now than I have in a long time, I have been off of all pills for over two years now, I have started growing my own now, I have had one successful indoor run and im at the beginning of my second grow now. Wish you the best getting off the pills, you can do it and you'll be glad you did once your better. Let's get to growing.✌️

Stay Frosty !
WoundedKnee
Im subbed, I was also on opiates and nerve medicine. The doctors had me on so much medication it was awful. I started using weed and noticed it helped my nerves and my pain also. It took me a little bit to get off

Greetings EastCoastGhost ! I found that when I used MC it was like the colour came back into my life. I was happy, laughing and enjoyed food again. I wasn't a cranky shuffling monster. So its a no-brainer what I should do. My pain was easier to handle and I slept like a baby ! Looking forward to seeing how this grow goes, its a new hobby, so I guess I will make a few mistakes, but I expect that and learn pretty fast. Having a great source of info like this forum is fantastic, so many crazy pictures of insane plants - hopefully in a few months I will be adding to them ! Good to have you along !

I managed to start two journals ! Wrote it all out, my Cat started going mad, so I put the phone down, came back and the post I wrote was gone. Wrote it all again, had a look after I posted it, and there was the first one !

420-magazine-mobile2144863017.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1114050534.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1269230823.jpg

Yea you will get there and they will be mistakes lol but that's how we learn, I have already made a mistake on my second grow, I gave my seedlings full strength flower nutes by accident and had to order more seeds cause it burned them up. Like I said though, as long as we learn from our mistakes then we are doing good lol. The three plants in the pics there was the last three I harvested on my first grow.✌️

Wow !!!! Fantastic looking plants ! They are absolute beasts. What strain are they ?
Thanks, I can't believe how good they turned out for my first indoor grow. The first two are thc bomb from bomb seeds and the third one is white widow from Seedsman, they are autoflowers also.✌️

I found Bomb Seeds a couple of days back, really impressed by the pics on their site. This backs up their pics with some customer pics. I will be getting some seeds from them for sure. Really crazy sized buds all over the plant, which is exactly what you want. Was the bud good quality ? It looks well frosty !

I learned everything I know from this site, I read through journals for six months and done all kinds of research, then I bought my equipment and made a journal for my grow. Alot of veteran growers subbed up to my journal and helped me alot, this site is great for new growers, the people are wonderful. I have seeds that are arriving tomorrow or the next day, I am growing photo period plants this next run. ✌️

I did the same, I read tons of journals and worked out what would work (I hope) for me. Having a limited budget, I basically spent two weeks trying to catch great deals on Ebay. I have a great spot in my garage that is impossible to see, even if you stand 2m away, just need to get some fans and a carbon filter for when the plants get up a bit and start to smell. I have great nieghbours who are all 65+, but I still won't take anything for granted, all it takes is a visiting grandkid to get a whiff and it could end in tears !

I found Bomb Seeds a couple of days back, really impressed by the pics on their site. This backs up their pics with some customer pics. I will be getting some seeds from them for sure. Really crazy sized buds all over the plant, which is exactly what you want. Was the bud good quality ? It looks well frosty !
The bud is great quality, I ordered some photo period Bubble Bomb from Bomb Seeds and it looks like it will be great, seeds will be here tomorrow or next day. I have seen alot of growers on here grow strains from Bomb Seeds with nice results. The bubble bomb has award winning bubble gum and thc bomb which is Bomb Seeds signiture strain so it should be awesome lol.✌️

I did the same, I read tons of journals and worked out what would work (I hope) for me. Having a limited budget, I basically spent two weeks trying to catch great deals on Ebay. I have a great spot in my garage that is impossible to see, even if you stand 2m away, just need to get some fans and a carbon filter for when the plants get up a bit and start to smell. I have great nieghbours who are all 65+, but I still won't take anything for granted, all it takes is a visiting grandkid to get a whiff and it could end in tears !
The main thing is to keep everything to yourself, tell nobody cause if you do it will always come back to haunt you. Do like I do, if you want to show somebody or brag a little, just get on here and show it to all of us on 420 mag lol. The viparspectra is a great light and I have seen alot of good results.✌️

I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I got some seeds from a friend who got a ton of assorted seeds and offered my 10 beans for a great price, mates - rates ! He knew I was on a tight budget and did me a good deal, that was what got me going really.

I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I got some seeds from a friend who got a ton of assorted seeds and offered my 10 beans for a great price, mates - rates ! He knew I was on a tight budget and did me a good deal, that was what got me going really.
That was cool, I wish there was somewhere close for me to get supplies, I have to order everything, even nutes, unless I want to use miracle grow lol, it sucks.✌️

Back
Top Bottom